Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree630Likes

Schumacher Mi7

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I worked with Tony Newland of Klinik to get a thicker top deck made for the car. I felt like the super flex of the chassis made it unpredictable on medium/high grip asphalt. He made a carbon copy of the stock deck in 3mm...here is my quick "race report" on its changes.

Hey just wanted to give you a small report from racing this weekend. unfortunately the fast guys werent out this weekend but I feel like the thicker top deck really tamed the car down. Setup changes are more minute. half mil changes up front were big changes and now its more subtle which I think can be a good thing. Overall the car felt more consistent since it was less twitchy up front.
here's the results from yesterday.
https://jerseyrcracers.liverc.com/re...ult&id=2582928
Rick Vessell and qcrc like this.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
I worked with Tony Newland of Klinik to get a thicker top deck made for the car. I felt like the super flex of the chassis made it unpredictable on medium/high grip asphalt. He made a carbon copy of the stock deck in 3mm...here is my quick "race report" on its changes.

Hey just wanted to give you a small report from racing this weekend. unfortunately the fast guys werent out this weekend but I feel like the thicker top deck really tamed the car down. Setup changes are more minute. half mil changes up front were big changes and now its more subtle which I think can be a good thing. Overall the car felt more consistent since it was less twitchy up front.
here's the results from yesterday.
https://jerseyrcracers.liverc.com/re...ult&id=2582928
i did back to back weekends in mod between rear motor with vertical top deck and mid motor and stock top deck,same tires,body, same motor , gearing and track layout , rear motor was 4 tenths faster per lap. so far vertical top deck with rear motor is the ticket.
ASM, Rick Vessell, qcrc and 1 others like this.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i did back to back weekends in mod between rear motor with vertical top deck and mid motor and stock top deck,same tires,body, same motor , gearing and track layout , rear motor was 4 tenths faster per lap. so far vertical top deck with rear motor is the ticket.

FYI - I am making progress on the mid motor version, working on the drawings with the cutter.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Really appreciate that Marcos.J
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ended up going back to the soft upper deck and fixed most of my front end issues by taking out the spacer on the bottom of the shock.

I can see the thicker upper deck from klinik working well on black carpet.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

17.5 Super Stock and rear motor for open mod
dawgmeat and glennhl like this.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Just got done building my MI7 and I have to say Schumacher did an incredible job on everythign from packaging, instructions and design. Cant say Ive had a car build go as smooth and relaxing as the MI7 in quite some time.

Its gonna be a bit before its virgin run but Im excited for it. I'll be running indoors on black carpet, about medium bite and was wondering what drivers springs choices have been. Its gonna be 17.5 rear motor setup to start with plans for the vertical plates. What are some good spring choices and places to get them?

Thanks.
Marcos.J and metalcrafter like this.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robbob
Just got done building my MI7 and I have to say Schumacher did an incredible job on everythign from packaging, instructions and design. Cant say Ive had a car build go as smooth and relaxing as the MI7 in quite some time.

Its gonna be a bit before its virgin run but Im excited for it. I'll be running indoors on black carpet, about medium bite and was wondering what drivers springs choices have been. Its gonna be 17.5 rear motor setup to start with plans for the vertical plates. What are some good spring choices and places to get them?

Thanks.
this past sunday i ran in low to medium black crc 2.5/2.8 fronts and 2.6 rears it was pretty good but i used the carbon chassis
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

this past sunday i ran in low to medium black crc 2.5/2.8 fronts and 2.6 rears it was pretty good but i used the carbon chassis
Found the springs ..... Xray shorties. Thanks!

Im planning to run the carbon chassis for a bit while I learn the car. I may switch to an aluminum chassis after I get it settled.
I have the rear motor chassis copied and can cut my own so I can play with designs.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbob

Thanks.
I am using the kit springs both front and rear on black carpet.
If the carpet rests on a subfloor, the grip levels are much higher than if the carpet rests just on concrete.
In testing, I have found the kit springs to work well and body choice is important, and if the carpet is on top of concrete with no subfloor, track surface temp is lower, meaning you should use a body that creates higher down force body to generate heat/grip in the tires. Was at the track yesterday, concrete temp was 18.7 degrees Celcius, as was the carpet.

In the process of uploading some head cam video, will be posted there.
Robbob likes this.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mi7

After struggling with the t4xray 2018..I switched to the mi7 mid motor. Aluminum chassis is must for black carpet, stock springs. Installing a front diff with 20k works great, eliminates breaking the front inner drive paddles. I ran 28/32 tires in front & 24 in back. Let a couple of the pro drivers try it ,they all said it was stuck like glue .... Love it, I'll never buy another x-ray after this.
duckman996 and Mantoya like this.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

here's my mid motor 17.5 set up , i started with Yamaguchi's 17.5 set up with some minor tweaks that made a huge difference .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MarcosMI7midmotorAsphalt.pdf (933.5 KB, 92 views)
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Ran the MI7 over the weekend with pleasing results. Having trouble with getting the droop down to 4mm/4.5mm due to shock length been to short. I have built the shocks with 10.5mm inner length. I,m using 10mm droop block and droop gauge with carbon strip under it. Could someone give me their over all length of shocks. Doing exactly what I seen on facebook page, bit lost on what I may be doing wrong.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 67fastbk
Ran the MI7 over the weekend with pleasing results. Having trouble with getting the droop down to 4mm/4.5mm due to shock length been to short. I have built the shocks with 10.5mm inner length. I,m using 10mm droop block and droop gauge with carbon strip under it. Could someone give me their over all length of shocks. Doing exactly what I seen on facebook page, bit lost on what I may be doing wrong.
i run mine at 11.5mm inner length and have no issues with droop
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone want to or have some good education on the ARS on this car?
Only running 17.5 on black crc carpet with the house tire being Sweeps ..... is there any benefit to adjusting or using the ARS on the car?
Would I want the outside rear tire to turn a few degrees to rotate faster? Would it hurt the wheelbase at all? I watched a youtube link MarcoJ posted in another thread and it talked Caster so thats why i ask that.

Also thinking of it ..... with the upper arms the way they are can you or would you want to set up a reactive caster on this car? Incase Im calling it wrong Im talkig about the rear ball stud higher then the front one only on the front of the car?

Its been a few years since I ran TC but this car really has me excited about it, just a few small things left to come in before I can actually run it. Just trying to educate myself on some of the new things the cars have to offer.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.