Like Tree80Likes

Schumacher Mi7

Old 10-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

This is a nice package......It is starting to narrow my future expenditures....
Old 10-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Car looks very nice. Good to see we are now setting some trends in TC like we did with 12th scale.

Those upper arms, EESH, I am skeptical about the durability. We used to have tons of issues with ours. You were either going to break/bend the turnbuckle, the upper arm or the carbon mount, and if not, you will likely have a car out of alignment after every tap. We tried most everything with the Original Gizmo upper arms (which these are almost identical to), to make them last. I do see the thread engagement being pretty deep, so that should help, but I don't think that will remediate all of it. That is a lot of stress going through that single 3mm turnbuckle and upper arm.

Good news is that it looks like it will be fairly easy to replace the upper arm with Awesomatix Scissor links.
Bar and DBM like this.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Looks like they went to considerable effort to reduce reduce tweak/binding etc. with the upper wishbone mounting system.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

So likely once the first batch is done and you choose either mid or rear motor kits, the price will probably be more in line with typical Schumacher chassis ~ $500
Old 10-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Looks like they went to considerable effort to reduce reduce tweak/binding etc. with the upper wishbone mounting system.
We tried that. Actually have some just like those on my Stock Genesis to lose some weight up top.

You can make the upper arm mount stronger, then the issue just gets moved to the upper arm. A single perpendicular turnbuckle going into the outer hub is inadequate, much more so with a 3mm turnbuckle. There is a lot of force being focused on that area when you have a side hit or clip a sweeper. We used 8th scale parts and 4mm turnbuckles, and it still gave issues bending plastic parts and aluminum parts (even snapped hardened steel 4mm turnbuckles.

But I digress, itís not like weíve had one of these before, I sure hope for all the guys that purchase one of these that this is not the case.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Christian, do you think pivot ball suspension on TC’s is just asking for trouble.....it seems there is just so much risk for tweaking and bending..?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

From my experience, yes and no.

For example, we've gone through great lengths at making the Gizmo very durable and reliable for indoor racing, but it took a couple of generations to flesh everything out. Our car typically won't break a lot, outside of P03s, but it can pop stuff and occasionally bend a ball stud. We managed to do this while managing to keep our suspension super simple and lightweight, and with something like an Awesomatix USA hard front bumper, reliability is pretty good indoors. It does however, take more work to keep aligned and you have to put on a set up station at least 1-2 times per race night.

As for tweaking, I don't really think that happens much with TCs anymore. I can't remember the last time I drove a TC that drove "tweaked" unless it was damaged or something was coming loose.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (100%+)

Pre order price is $529.00 discountrcstore.com
eR1c and No9 like this.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hmm, itís not immediately apparent as to how caster changes would be made (optional carbon standoffs for the upper A-arms, I suppose), but an interesting design inspired by what some 12th scale chassis are doing indeed. Providing both lower chassisí in the first run is certainly interesting incentive to purchase early. I recall that Yokomo similarly included quite a few option parts in the BD-9 when they launched it as well.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just placed my pre-order at DiscountRCstore.com...wonder if they will get the kits with both mid and rear motor positions? Does anyone know if this limited release will be worldwide or to a specific location?
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

I have been told all of the first run kits get both mid motor and rear motor setups.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

As for durability Schumacher cars are usually pretty robust. I was told this revamp of the TC has been over 18 months in the making, with lots of testing by all skill levels..... They usually let Muz do the durability testing I'm told...LOL
Old 10-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
.... also, the pivot ball top and bottom of the front hub also seen on the awesomatix.
As also first seen on the Schumacher SST TC.
robk, patorz31, Qatmix and 2 others like this.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Anybody wonder what's going on with the shock towers. Seems like all the other manufacturers are going lower and lower with the shock towers. The Mi7 seems to be going in the opposite direction... Think this is the way to go for pavement, not to sure about carpet. Although, with more and more tracks changing over from the CRC black carpet to carpet with less/different bite maybe they have figured something out...time will tell.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I'll give them credit, to forge their own way, and not falling into the trend - i.e. putting the motor truly mid, using full length shocks! I like it! Im not a Schumacher fan, but i think its good to stick to ones convictions!
ASM and Brian10811 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service