Search
Like Tree630Likes

Schumacher Mi7

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Mi7 diff... wow

This diff is a work of art. Feels butter smooth - bravo Schumacher... bravo!
qcrc, Flygio, Ggrant and 2 others like this.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

I upgraded my MI7 with a front diff . Running 20-k in front & 7-k in the back (21.5 FT TC ) . Big difference on a high traction twisty track on black CRC carpet . Couldn't make the hairpins before I added the diff. Also broke a couple of the plastic drive yokes , due to the binding between the front wheels using the spool. Yes, the diff is a piece of art. I'll never buy another x-ray after putting the Mi7 together.
duckman996 and racer034life like this.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tyler beat me back to rc tech, yea I was able to take the win in the 17.5 class. Running the mod motor and standard carbon chassis. I’m sure the aluminum would have helped, but I typically run asphalt. Car is def better on carpet than asphalt so far, but I have only had about 4 race days on it. But super solid so far!

Old 01-21-2020, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

this is A3, I get into him in the second corner and had to wait. I consider it like a A3 invert to add to the challenge 😂 lol
Old 01-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is that you, Ryan? Greetings from So Cal. Congrats on the win. Looks like you got the car working well!

- Jose
WEEZY likes this.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ittjv
Is that you, Ryan? Greetings from So Cal. Congrats on the win. Looks like you got the car working well!

- Jose

Thanks man, yea car was pretty dialed and i didnt really change much. Couple shims here and there and some thicker shock oil and springs. Excited to get to run it some more, now just wishing we had a local carpet track haha
Old 01-21-2020, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WEEZY
Tyler beat me back to rc tech, yea I was able to take the win in the 17.5 class. Running the mod motor and standard carbon chassis. I’m sure the aluminum would have helped, but I typically run asphalt. Car is def better on carpet than asphalt so far, but I have only had about 4 race days on it. But super solid so far!

Is it better on carpet so far due to more track time on carpet or does it just naturally feel better on higher bite surface? Good run though!!!

Old 01-21-2020, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

It is pretty solid on asphalt as well, thats what i normally run out in arizona. I was lacking motor for Tyler and some of the fast locals. I bought the R1 for this race and was able to pull some people this weekend. I had all day fri to make some tweaks and practice. I needed to make it more reactive, the thing i have noticed with this car is there is a huuge setup window, consistent and easy to drive but need to have it more on edge.. ill post again when i run it back on asphalt.
STLNLST likes this.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
It is pretty solid on asphalt as well, thats what i normally run out in arizona. I was lacking motor for Tyler and some of the fast locals. I bought the R1 for this race and was able to pull some people this weekend. I had all day fri to make some tweaks and practice. I needed to make it more reactive, the thing i have noticed with this car is there is a huuge setup window, consistent and easy to drive but need to have it more on edge.. ill post again when i run it back on asphalt.
That R1 though! Hope to see on the asphalt next week... I think the larger setup window comes with cars that use the carbon fiber arms instead of the carbon composite molded type of arms. Just a theory. Ha Ha.
WEEZY likes this.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

i could use some help...it seems like the drive train is a little stiff...belts aren't tight...do they need a little time to break in ?
Old 01-27-2020, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thefnshow
i could use some help...it seems like the drive train is a little stiff...belts aren't tight...do they need a little time to break in ?
Check to make sure that the plastic bearing holders on the diffs are all in the right position and not in between teeth where the lower pin screws in. I would start by removing all four screw in pins (the ones that lock in the diff tensioners) and see if the car frees up.

You can also check to make sure your center pulley spins free and doesn’t bind up.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Super easy to drive

Had a full test session with the Mi7 at the local track yesterday and I am very impressed with how well this car works. In my first session after an extended layoff from racing, I started by running 17.5 - the stock setup plus some stiffer springs and the car is very close. Rotates well - very balanced and reacts well to user feedback.

Yesterday, I installed the aluminum chassis and made the car even more balanced in my opinion. The track I have locally is high traction black carpet. Very tacky as the facility is 24/7 and has racers on the carpet daily.

I made a few adjustments from the kit set up and wow - it really woke this car up.

A super quick through the corners and so stable - I think the level of grip this car has while still being able to rotate is impressive- it’ll be great once I move back to racing modified.

The Mi7 is very tough As I had a couple incidents and the car held up excellent. No chassis tweak and no broken parts.

I am looking forward to racing this car and can’t wait to get some more time behind the wheel.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So I see there is an Mi7 Pro. How does it differ from non pro?
Old 02-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Where have you seen that? It's the same part number on Schumacher's site.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
Where have you seen that? It's the same part number on Schumacher's site.
Looks like the exact same car to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.