Like Tree347Likes

Serpent X20

Old 12-28-2019, 06:47 PM
  #256  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,673
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

f
Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Well, I got all the chassis stiffening parts I ordered in yesterday. Of course, this was BEFORE many of the parts I ordered didn’t have pictures, so for the most part, I played it safe and ordered the sets. I did, however, order the hanging steering mount, but low and behold, it’s included in the fr chassis stiffening set.

Anyway, I was going to give y’all a heads up, but I see that almost all the pictures are up on the Serpent site now.
I noticed that Serpent is listing individual stiffeners as well as bulked options as well. If you don't mind, could you post the part numbers of the parts required to outfit the entire car without repeats? Its a little confusing suffice to say. Thanks
dawgmeat likes this.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 01:00 AM
  #257  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
Default Stiffeners list to have all

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
f

I noticed that Serpent is listing individual stiffeners as well as bulked options as well. If you don't mind, could you post the part numbers of the parts required to outfit the entire car without repeats? Its a little confusing suffice to say. Thanks
I go through siffeners and I have this list and I think that it is all what is needed:

SER401872 - front bracer W stearing

SER401873 - bracer rear

SER401874 - rear stiffener

SER401875- center rear stiff

2x SER401864 - Y
hmax is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 10:12 AM
  #258  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,673
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hmax View Post
I go through siffeners and I have this list and I think that it is all what is needed:

SER401872 - front bracer W stearing

SER401873 - bracer rear

SER401874 - rear stiffener

SER401875- center rear stiff

2x SER401864 - Y
Thanks, here is what I came up with, hope its not too confusing......sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

jzone and dawgmeat like this.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 10:18 AM
  #259  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,673
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post

Has been confirmed that measurement is from the indentation of the chassis.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 01-02-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Confirmed measurement point
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 05:49 PM
  #260  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Brian10811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just installed the top deck made by Christian from RSD and man it made a world of difference in feel of the flex. I think the 1.5 will be perfect on asphalt and the 2 mm will work great on black carpet. It balances out the flex more and reduces the ultra flex that is stock in the carbon car.





Now with this new top deck arrangement I can add shims under the deck to fine tune if desired. Also takes out the tight fit and no chance of belt rub. I can't wait to test it on the track.
Marcos.J and dawgmeat like this.
Brian10811 is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 06:00 PM
  #261  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,351
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
I just installed the top deck made by Christian from RSD and man it made a world of difference in feel of the flex. I think the 1.5 will be perfect on asphalt and the 2 mm will work great on black carpet. It balances out the flex more and reduces the ultra flex that is stock in the carbon car.





Now with this new top deck arrangement I can add shims under the deck to fine tune if desired. Also takes out the tight fit and no chance of belt rub. I can't wait to test it on the track.
you will love it ! The one he made for the Gizmo is awesome
Brian10811 likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 06:11 PM
  #262  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Brian10811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Also I noticed it fits in both directions but the cutouts are slightly different. It feels that one end has perhaps less flex than the other which will be great to fine tune. If I need more flex in front I just flip around.
Brian10811 is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 06:16 PM
  #263  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,621
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You know you can use an assymetrical upper deck if you want, but I think it would be better if the rear of your car is symmetrical lol. From the pictures, I have the impression that the camber is not the same left and right, or the car is wider on the left... Strange...
Airwave is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 06:39 PM
  #264  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,351
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
You know you can use an assymetrical upper deck if you want, but I think it would be better if the rear of your car is symmetrical lol. From the pictures, I have the impression that the camber is not the same left and right, or the car is wider on the left... Strange...
looks fine to Brian after his 5th beer
Brian10811 likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 06:43 PM
  #265  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,163
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
I just installed the top deck made by Christian from RSD and man it made a world of difference in feel of the flex. I think the 1.5 will be perfect on asphalt and the 2 mm will work great on black carpet. It balances out the flex more and reduces the ultra flex that is stock in the carbon car.





Now with this new top deck arrangement I can add shims under the deck to fine tune if desired. Also takes out the tight fit and no chance of belt rub. I can't wait to test it on the track.
Looks good, yes you should be able run in either direction. However right now you have the front mounted towards the back, the way I drew it, replicating elements of the std deck, pinion clearance and flex points, it should be oriented opposite to where you mounted it.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 09:06 PM
  #266  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Brian10811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
You know you can use an assymetrical upper deck if you want, but I think it would be better if the rear of your car is symmetrical lol. From the pictures, I have the impression that the camber is not the same left and right, or the car is wider on the left... Strange...
I am guessing you are looking at the pivot ball threads being different correct? In fact I have measured multiple times and put on my setup station. I have also used my calibers and measured. They are perfect on both sides. For some odd reason the arms on top are .2/.3 mm different size. The fronts are also off in length if i measure the top arms. I have also checked the tiny inserts on the upper arms and they are all in the short position. The only think I can think of is the tiny inserts my be offset in size. They could have been molded different. I have yet to try replacing them because other than the appearance they are exact in measurements. Perhaps I will change them out with this 2 week break before racing again.. The most important measurement is the bottom arms. Once those are exact the upper arms should not matter as long as you have the camber the same from Left to right and the tiny inserts are same.
I have tested my digital calibers and they are within .02mm. Yes it drives me crazy for sure but if you measure a C hub car with rear toe. You will find using turnbuckles has a deviation. As well as if you try and adjust camber using tie-rods. They will be off in length.
Yes it drives me crazy also. I think I have measured every arm about 10 times because of that. I

Hey Christian, thanks for the braces and in the photo I did switch the direction after taking the photo. It does feel like one end is slightly stiffer than the other. I am not 100% sure because I have know way to measure.
Marcos.J likes this.

Last edited by Brian10811; 12-30-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Brian10811 is offline  
Old 12-30-2019, 09:56 PM
  #267  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,163
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I think the issue with the flex is that it is shorter to the rear than to the front for the extra space for large pinions, this should make the flex a little bit higher towards the front and stiffer in the rear. However in stock form, the flex is much higher in the front than rear due to the split.

with the stiffer deck, you also have the option of cutting some slots.

Marcos.J and Brian10811 like this.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 06:43 AM
  #268  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hollywood California
Posts: 294
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I think the issue with the flex is that it is shorter to the rear than to the front for the extra space for large pinions, this should make the flex a little bit higher towards the front and stiffer in the rear. However in stock form, the flex is much higher in the front than rear due to the split.

with the stiffer deck, you also have the option of cutting some slots.
Hi Christian...when will these top decks be available to the public?
Sean Williams is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 07:58 AM
  #269  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,163
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully by next Monday/Tuesday.

drop me a line to our reflex racing email and Iíll get you on our list.

tbrymer and Brian10811 like this.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 01-01-2020, 08:16 AM
  #270  
Tech Master
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,458
Default

Sorry all - was busy the past few days (Happy New Year!).Anyway, it was mentioned above, but to be clear:

2x 401871 - Shocktower stiffener set
401872 Chassis brace set fr (this set INCLUDES the thin chassis brace 401868 and the raised steering mount)
401874 chassis center stiffener set rr
401875 chassis center stiffener set mid

That being said, the only part I still need to get is the chassis brace set rr, which also includes the chassis brace 401869.
Brian10811 likes this.
TurnNBurn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.