Like Tree347Likes

Serpent X20

Old 12-07-2019, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

What alu chassis for medium grip gray carpet, soft or medium or hard?
Old 12-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
What alu chassis for medium grip gray carpet, soft or medium or hard?
if is grey as in the older crc you most likely wont need an aluminum chassis at all
racer034life likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
if is grey as in the older crc you most likely wont need an aluminum chassis at all
Good to know, thank you!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Anyone have an idea as to when Freemax/Serpent might get caught up on the Manufacture of the chassis tuning parts? It seems like many of the carbon tuning parts are available, but without the aluminum parts to bolt them to, it makes them somewhat useless for the time being.
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Anyone have an idea as to when Freemax/Serpent might get caught up on the Manufacture of the chassis tuning parts? It seems like many of the carbon tuning parts are available, but without the aluminum parts to bolt them to, it makes them somewhat useless for the time being.
I agree, so made my own mounts for them. I made a front stiffiner and made the upright mounts for the rear X brace behind the motor. I will test them this Saturday and see if it will work. It for sure stiffined the chassis more.
Marcos.J and dawgmeat like this.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Today Felix Law & Jeff Hamon in HK PYC test SERPENT Medius X20

Old 12-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Not seeing it.....what is the difference?
New coating
Old 12-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Word saying there are conversion kits (mid motor) for the 4X....................Serpent is not giving up the 4X platform.

Then X20 is the mid motor traditional shocks TC............
Well, for a car they havenít given up on, it sure has been out of stock for quite a while... and letís face it, if guys like Felix, Hugo, and Stick King have switched to driving the X20, who else is left to continue driving/developing the 4x platform? Certainly not David, as he has been focused on the F1.

As much as I liked the ideas behind the 4x, Iím kind of glad that I didnít hesitate to sell my still unopened 4X Pro kit when I did. Took a small hit to sell it quickly (complete with some optionals/spares I had purchased, but I was satisfied with the selling price.

EDIT: Oh, as a follow up to my most recent post, some of the X20 chassis tuning parts are starting to trickle into the Serpent online store, but a few are still missing - I purchased all that my budget will allow for now, but wanted to give anyone also on the lookout a heads up.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

Jeff Hamon share setup sheet

corallyman likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
I agree, so made my own mounts for them. I made a front stiffiner and made the upright mounts for the rear X brace behind the motor. I will test them this Saturday and see if it will work. It for sure stiffined the chassis more.
your car was on point yesterday !!
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Race 4: Covered concrete tract.
I tested chassis stiffeners and had great results. My thoughts at this point the box stock graphite chassis kit is to soft. I added the X brace behind the motor and I also added a post support in front of the spur gear. This seem to help stiffen the car and have a better feel for me. I was able to get the car to carry through the corner pretty good but I am still working on a lack of steering entering corners and I think the reason is around a problem I have found. The setup I was running has to much camber gain which caused the front inside tires to form a ring. They were new tires so I know it was the setup. I took a screen shot of the setup I was running and I will also attach a screen shot of the setup I will run to counter this issue and hope will gain corner entry steering as well.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

The 2nd setup sheet will be what I will start with next race day. Notice i have added positve front Anti-dive and I have reduced the front caster shim by 1 mm. This will decrease camber gain with the caster shim decrease and the anti-dive should give me more entry steering. Also I will play around with adding more rear droop to the car as well. This is where I am at for testing. Please add your comments with anything you see that will help.

Overall the car was very good. The problem that I noticed and figured out the solution to late was the camber gain. I went backward in the setup in the main by taking 1 mm shim out of the front roll center which gave me more exit steering which I like but it also made the car more erratic at the beginning which caused the car to be very loose until the tires heated up.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
The 2nd setup sheet will be what I will start with next race day. Notice i have added positve front Anti-dive and I have reduced the front caster shim by 1 mm. This will decrease camber gain with the caster shim decrease and the anti-dive should give me more entry steering. Also I will play around with adding more rear droop to the car as well. This is where I am at for testing. Please add your comments with anything you see that will help.

Overall the car was very good. The problem that I noticed and figured out the solution to late was the camber gain. I went backward in the setup in the main by taking 1 mm shim out of the front roll center which gave me more exit steering which I like but it also made the car more erratic at the beginning which caused the car to be very loose until the tires heated up.
your car really picked up later in the day !!
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Hey Brian, based in n your experience with the Carbon chassis, do you think that one of the aluminum chassis might be a better starting point? Or do you plan on sticking with stiffening the carbon for outdoor surfaces in general?
Old 12-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Hey Brian, based in n your experience with the Carbon chassis, do you think that one of the aluminum chassis might be a better starting point? Or do you plan on sticking with stiffening the carbon for outdoor surfaces in general?
I think now after testing graphite. Also my experience with my T4 aluminum car the aluminum kit is best way to go. My T4 is great on asphalt and black carpet. I think the graphite has to much flex. Perhaps with all the braces that is offered the graphite would be a much more percise adjustment but as you know the stiffiners are hard to come by.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.