Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hosim 9125 first RC car. >

Hosim 9125 first RC car.

Hosim 9125 first RC car.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hosim 9125 first RC car.

I bought the HOSIN 9125 for my son, and it got me interested in the sport, I will buy/build one of my own soon I'm sure. But my question is about battery packs. This came with two lipo 7.4 1600mah 25c packs. I'm wondering if there is a battery pack that I can put on it that makes the run time longer? I'm not worried about the speed because it's going to be for an 8 yr old. I'm just not sure about putting a bigger battery pack on it, and I seem to find mixed reviews online. and I motorsdont wanna fry motors or something like that. ....also it says it's waterproof does that mean I can drive it in the snow?
Old 09-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

WElcome aboard and congrats for getting this for your son - this is the on-road forum here but we can probably help before this gets moved to the right place

for longer runtimes, you need a "bigger" battery - 1600mah means it can deliver 1.6A for 1hr, our 16amps for 6 minutes, you get the idea. For bashing, you want something like 4000mah. RC packs sizes are "standard" for most RC-cars, I am not familiar with the Hosin though, so you really want to check the size of your OEM pack to make sure it isn't some wacky proprietary format.

the only issue with longer runtimes is heat - you don't want your electronics to overheat, and again as we don't know your car (onroad section + obscure brand...) it's hard to tell. Run your car with the current battery with its "standard" runtime, and carefully try to touch the motor. If it's sizzling hot (put some saliva on your finger then move that saliva to the can - does it sizzle?) then you can not run it longer and the manufacturer gave you a 1600mah battery for good reasons. If the motor is lukewarm to the touch, go ahead and run longer times with a bigger battery.

I wouldn't trust any "waterproof" sticker on a low-cost RC model, frankly.... but that's just me.

Above all have fun with your kid