Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JJ100179

Tamyia TT-02RR

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tamyia TT-02RR advice, thx!

Just got a TT-02RR chassis kit. Before I put it together I was wondering if there are any 'must have' types of parts I should get b4 I put it together? bearings, gears, mounts, ect. I'm not going to race, it's very casual, but I also would like to get the most out of it I can with out going crazy with upgrades. I think the RR has plenty of hop ups already. I also need a motor, battery and servo. Any suggestions on what motor (brushless) and a decent servo? My speed control can run lipo. I'm planning on a 2s. I'm just geting back into R/C after almost 20yrs. So I'm not super knowledgeable anymore. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited by Bluefire; 09-07-2019 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Title
Old 09-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Any advice would be sweet. Thx all
Old 09-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

I really like Tamiya steering hop-up parts, Tamiya Part number 54752. This set includes some nice Aluminium parts which take out much of the slop and a high torque Servo saver to replace the crappy stock one is also provided. More hop-ups are not necessary.
Many will laugh, but I fell in love with the old and dirt cheap Futaba S3003 servos for parking lot bashing. Quick enough and sufficient torque for your TT-02.

Motor...maybe a 13.5 Turn Hobbywing Justock?

As I'm using LiFePo batteries in my cars, I'm not up to date regarding the hottest LiPo's. So no advice hereby from me.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JJ100179
I really like Tamiya steering hop-up parts, Tamiya Part number 54752. This set includes some nice Aluminium parts which take out much of the slop and a high torque Servo saver to replace the crappy stock one is also provided. More hop-ups are not necessary.
Many will laugh, but I fell in love with the old and dirt cheap Futaba S3003 servos for parking lot bashing. Quick enough and sufficient torque for your TT-02.

Motor...maybe a 13.5 Turn Hobbywing Justock?

As I'm using LiFePo batteries in my cars, I'm not up to date regarding the hottest LiPo's. So no advice hereby from me.

Regards,
Michael

Awesome. Thanks a lot I will look into those! I really appreciate the advice!
Old 09-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

13.5T is usually a great match to the entry level Tamiya chassis. For bashing Hobbyking have some cheap and decent motors, look at the Trackstar motors. They won't compete with the current crop from Trimity, Orca etc but they are great value for money. Speed Passion is another brand, same deal, won't win races but are cheap and reliable.

I use the Futaba S3003 in a few of mine too and they work fine. If you want something a bit better, look at the Trackstar D99X. I have a couple of them in my onroad racers and they have been good, and you can order the motor and servo at the same time. My go to servos are Savox or Futaba but they are pricey compared to Trackstar. Trackstar are a pretty reliable budget brand, I don't believe their claimed specs but they are good enough.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Just to add some crazy variation:
If you are real "Tamiya Guy", you can go "all in":

​​​​​Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC with TFU-01 Fan kit
Tamiya TBLM-02S Brushless Motor (they are available from 10.5 up to 21.5). I would go for 15.5 Turns.
​​​​Tamiya Servo, I think TSU-03 is a rebranded Futaba S3003
Tamiya Finespec 2.4 GHz radio Set (TTU-08 and TRU-08), or the real wicked Expec 2.4GHz Set

Tamiya LiFe-Battery (part number 55102, 2200mAh 6.6V racing pack), better a couple of them and a decent charger.

Bei careful, this won't be the best and capable car around and you will definetely not win any world Championships with it. Some of the items have its tweaks, and to be honest especially the Finespec radio set is very very basic. But it will have its very own and special appeal, and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.
Michael

​​​​​​
rippen likes this.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JJ100179
Just to add some crazy variation:
If you are real "Tamiya Guy", you can go "all in":

​​​​​Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC with TFU-01 Fan kit
Tamiya TBLM-02S Brushless Motor (they are available from 10.5 up to 21.5). I would go for 15.5 Turns.
​​​​Tamiya Servo, I think TSU-03 is a rebranded Futaba S3003
Tamiya Finespec 2.4 GHz radio Set (TTU-08 and TRU-08), or the real wicked Expec 2.4GHz Set

Tamiya LiFe-Battery (part number 55102, 2200mAh 6.6V racing pack), better a couple of them and a decent charger.

Bei careful, this won't be the best and capable car around and you will definetely not win any world Championships with it. Some of the items have its tweaks, and to be honest especially the Finespec radio set is very very basic. But it will have its very own and special appeal, and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.
Michael

​​​​​​
thx! I'll look into this!