Steering setup help

Old 09-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Steering setup help

Hi guys, new to RC cars. Building a TC 21.5 class. Just finished but the car won't run straight. If I turn left and straighten up the car pulls right. If I turn right, then the car wants to pull left. The servo is new (trackstar D99X) it seems like it is not centering properly?? To set the steering up do I simply set up the toe for both wheels making sure both tie rods are the same length and everything is centred, then fit the servo horn to the centred servo ? Is there anything I'm missing that would cause my car to do this other than a servo that is not centering properly? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check for bind as well.

I've ditched my D99X as it was doing the same thing.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah check for a seized bearing or a tight turnbuckle... even a steering knuckle pivot ball. . On road stuff must be very free to "center up" properly. If your car doesnt snap back to canter you will not be going anywhere but to the tubes.

Make sure the L & R links are identical and make sure to set the turnbuckle on the servo attaching to the rack to the the stock length... as that will make the car turn different radius's in each direction. THen adjust the endpoint adjustments to make the turning radius per corner identical.

also use the least amount of steering that you can get away with as this should make it less twitchy.

Hope this helps a little.