Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF420 Thread >

Tamiya TRF420 Thread

Like Tree423Likes

Tamiya TRF420 Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 03:06 PM
  #586  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,427
Default

No, with std low profile its a good fit. These are the ultra thin lipos
Qatmix is offline  
Old 08-06-2023, 03:32 PM
  #587  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,279
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

The post at the rear is the perfect height with the 1mm shim suggested by the instructions. The front has the gap seen in the picture. I dont know for certain if these are the shorter posts.

The packs are EAs ULCG 6000s. Theyre a popular choice in TC racing on black carpet and Id like to use them in my TCS car as well.
Qatmix likes this.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 08-06-2023, 04:27 PM
  #588  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,279
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Looks like I can fix it by just putting a long screw in one of the mounting holes and screwing the standoff into that.
Qatmix likes this.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 08-07-2023, 01:09 AM
  #589  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia, Near DC, USA
Posts: 7,983
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is there a Tamiya part that can be used to close the gap on the front battery retainer? It's pretty huge with an ULCG pack. These are already the shorter standoffs. Needs to be TCS legal.
Yes, there is. It's called foam bumper tape. Tamiya sells it in packs of 10 strips. Cut to fit and stack to add extra thickness.
fyrstormer is offline  
Old 08-07-2023, 07:58 AM
  #590  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,279
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

The answer was right there in front of me the whole time. Appreciate the suggestions.



Dan, Qatmix and mr.rev like this.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 09-11-2023, 11:18 AM
  #591  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Md
Posts: 1,848
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Carpet season here in the states. i played with roll centers in outdoor season..
has anyone tried raising the roll centers for inddort CRC carpert
Casey is offline  
Old 09-12-2023, 11:49 AM
  #592  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

JMRCA All Japan TC Championship 2023 Open Class winning Tamiya TRF420X of Ryoma Yoshida.


Casey, Bonezero, Raman and 4 others like this.
kentech is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 02:28 AM
  #593  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default



kentech is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 04:53 AM
  #594  
Tech Adept
 
zuqbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by kentech
Very interesting, thank you! What's the thing that is mounted on the bumper support plate and extends over the front damper mount? It is apparently 3D-printed and has a screw in it to stabilise the body? I have never seen something like this.
zuqbu is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 04:57 AM
  #595  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 134
Default

No Yokomos or Mugens in the JMRCA mod A-Final. Am I missing something?
mr.rev is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 05:00 AM
  #596  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zuqbu
Very interesting, thank you! What's the thing that is mounted on the bumper support plate and extends over the front damper mount? It is apparently 3D-printed and has a screw in it to stabilise the body? I have never seen something like this.
https://vi-fa.net/products/3d-bonnet...or-420x-tamiya

"3D printed front bonnet support."
"Supports the bonnet of today's ultra-thin bodies"
zuqbu likes this.
kentech is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 05:01 AM
  #597  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by zuqbu
Very interesting, thank you! What's the thing that is mounted on the bumper support plate and extends over the front damper mount? It is apparently 3D-printed and has a screw in it to stabilise the body? I have never seen something like this.
It's a 'hood stiffener'.

https://www.rcmaker.com.au/collectio...-mtc2r-xray-x4
https://www.ets.racing/2023/06/02/un...somatix-a800r/
mr.rev is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 05:05 AM
  #598  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr.rev
No Yokomos or Mugens in the JMRCA mod A-Final. Am I missing something?
No top national mod drivers on those teams currently I guess?
The Zero Tribe used to finish second was a BD11 based Zero Tribe prototype.

You can see more info on equipment used in the race here:
https://kentech.wordpress.com/2023/0...ip-2023-stats/
mr.rev likes this.
kentech is offline  
Old 09-25-2023, 02:50 AM
  #599  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

New option parts for TA08R, TA08 PRO, TRF420X and TRF420 chassis.

22078 Aluminum Diff Holders (0.8 Offset, 2 Pcs.)
22079 Aluminum Diff Holders (0.5 Offset, 2 Pcs.)

Description

These are differential diff holders made from aluminum. They are used to secure the gear differential while also allowing you to adjust the belt tension on your car. They are designed to replace the standard plastic holders used on the Tamiya TA08, TRF420 and TRF420X chassis platforms.

Aluminum Differential Holders x 2
Rigid, aluminum components securely hold the notch which adjusts belt tension, limit deformation under load and ensure smooth rotation.
These components improve the rigidity of connecting sections with bulkheads and properly transmit oil damper motion to the chassis.
Raising the differential stabilizes the car on high-grip surfaces. (Refer to table below.)
Features laser engraving to distinguish Item 22078 from Item 22079.
Compatible with TA08R, TA08 PRO, TRF420X and TRF420 chassis

Setting Recommendations:

High Grip-Attach Item 22078 to top.
Medium/High Grip-Attach Item 22079 to top.
Low/Medium Grip-Attach Item 22079 to bottom.
Low Grip-Attach Item 22078 to bottom.
Raman likes this.
kentech is offline  
Old 10-27-2023, 03:35 AM
  #600  
Tech Adept
 
zuqbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by kentech
New option parts for TA08R, TA08 PRO, TRF420X and TRF420 chassis.

22078 Aluminum Diff Holders (0.8 Offset, 2 Pcs.)
22079 Aluminum Diff Holders (0.5 Offset, 2 Pcs.)

Description

These are differential diff holders made from aluminum. They are used to secure the gear differential while also allowing you to adjust the belt tension on your car. They are designed to replace the standard plastic holders used on the Tamiya TA08, TRF420 and TRF420X chassis platforms.

Aluminum Differential Holders x 2
Rigid, aluminum components securely hold the notch which adjusts belt tension, limit deformation under load and ensure smooth rotation.
These components improve the rigidity of connecting sections with bulkheads and properly transmit oil damper motion to the chassis.
Raising the differential stabilizes the car on high-grip surfaces. (Refer to table below.)
Features laser engraving to distinguish Item 22078 from Item 22079.
Compatible with TA08R, TA08 PRO, TRF420X and TRF420 chassis

Setting Recommendations:

High Grip-Attach Item 22078 to top.
Medium/High Grip-Attach Item 22079 to top.
Low/Medium Grip-Attach Item 22079 to bottom.
Low Grip-Attach Item 22078 to bottom.
Pictures are up on Modellbau-Seidel:




C van der Hagen likes this.
zuqbu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.