R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
thanks for the compliments guys.you can order from me through email at [email protected] or by phone at 352-544-0463.

thanks again,
jason
hey jason can you show the Pic of the New BMI T2 Chassis look?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Here's mine on my car.
Attached Thumbnails
X-Ray T2 Team pickles or BMI (3mm) Chassis kit?-bmi-t2-2.jpg  

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice work with the layout...

Very similar to mine (except I'm running the standard chassis) I was very surprised with how nice the Rapida Pro fit on the chassis once you re wire it a little...

a couple quick questions:
- How did you get the Spektrum antenna to hold such a nice coil?
- Did you do anything to secure the antenna or is it free to flop about?
- Any reception issues? I have my antenna routed inside the body..but still standing somewhat...

Thanks,
Chris
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #19
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I ran the Team Pickles top deck at the Snowbirds. It fit on my car perfect and keep the tweak perfect on it...even after some very hard hits (anyone that has seen me drive knows I hit stuff hard!!) and it never tweaked once. Set ride height and it was dead on. I have one of their chassis too and although I have not used it yet the quality looks excellent. Super stiff, nice edges, very nice counter sinks, etc. As good or better than anything out there.

I have ran the BMI T2 conversion as well. Everything goes together on it just like all BMI kits...great. Counter sunk shock towers are a plus. Pre-filed battery slots are a plus as well.

Either way both are great kits at great prices. Both offer excellent customer service. Are either one of them going to be .5 a lap faster than the stock chassis? NO. And on low bite (weekly racing) they may not be as good as stock. But you will see an improvement on super high bite (Snowbirds, Nats, etc) tracks with either kit.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

I just put together my Pickles t2 chassis yesterday and ran it at my local track. Chassis went on perfectly straight. Car kept its tweak great even after some really bad hits. One of the things that I really like about the pickles chassis is that all of the wholes are sized so that each screw has to thread a bit into the material, so that when you hit a board or something of that nature the graphite cannot re-adjust itself in the screw holes and tweak the car.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

In the midst of trying to save a little cash in order to be able to travel to races, I opted for the less expensive way and purchased just a pickles top deck, and things seemed to stay put great on the car. I have not assembled a full car from either, but if I am sure the pickles chassis would strap up as square as the top deck did for me.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
In the midst of trying to save a little cash in order to be able to travel to races, I opted for the less expensive way and purchased just a pickles top deck, and things seemed to stay put great on the car. I have not assembled a full car from either, but if I am sure the pickles chassis would strap up as square as the top deck did for me.
You'll find a way to tweak it anyway.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #23
Tech Master

I starting using the Pickles chassis last week and loved it. Everything fit perfect on it and my car held its tweak even after a few solid shots in mod. I liked the car with the standard chassis but was even better with this one. The 3mm chassis seemed to make my car much more consistent and freed the car up even more through the turns. I think I will notice an even bigger difference when I get to a super high bite track as well.

Thanks
Mike McMahon
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vrcmag
mcmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Default pickles

I agree with mike the pickles is easy to install and works well.

Team Associated/Reedy/Jconcepts/Viper/Futaba/OS engines/Odonnell Speed Blend/Lucky 7 RC/RC Excitement
wild17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Pimpin Pickles all over the world.....Mine works great, top deck that is
crazycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i ran the very first pickles chassis from the shop and it worked really well for me at the snowbirds. ill be running and updated version for the carpet nats next week. i,ve seen BMI kits before and they look nice, but having actually used the pickles chassis, it simply amazing.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
hey jason can you show the Pic of the New BMI T2 Chassis look?

sorry for the delay on the pic. this is a prototype i did in the titanium color.they are only going to be available in gloss and satin black now.thanks for your interest.if i can answer any questions,please feel free to shoot me a pm or email.
Attached Thumbnails
X-Ray T2 Team pickles or BMI (3mm) Chassis kit?-t22.jpg  
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #28
Tech Master

Looks good Jason... I really like the adjustable standoff positions. Very nice feature... That with the routing work and the fact it comes with shock towers makes it a great chassis upgrade for the money

Does it have the famous BMI tape slot?
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks lino.hows it going bro.it was nice getting to meet ya at the birds bro.i was trying to keep the cost low so i kept the tape pocket as an option.i spoke with a few people before i did the kit and they all agreed that a lower price would be more important to them.for the guys who really like the extra detail,it is available.i still went with beveling all the edges top and bottom and beveling the battery slots for the batts to sit flush with the bottom of the chassis though.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
i ran the very first pickles chassis from the shop and it worked really well for me at the snowbirds. ill be running and updated version for the carpet nats next week. i,ve seen BMI kits before and they look nice, but having actually used the pickles chassis, it simply amazing.
thanks Peter, its nice to see the chassis used by such a capable wheel!