Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nubs

Tuning Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? Tuning Motors

So I recently purchased an R1 17.5 V21. I read in the R1 boards that a good place to start is anywhere between 40 and 45. What I have never done before is spend time on getting that perfect tune because I have always purchased the pre-tuned motors like the Team Scream, Fantom, etc. I have gone on YouTube to see how people tune their motors there and I am a bit concerned that people like Nick Adams are making things sound nice and logical but could potentially be giving bad advice. I was wondering, what is the best practice as far as getting your motor perfectly tuned for a specific track? Pick a gearing and then select the right timing? Or select the right timing and then get to the correct gearing? Either? I know that I want to keep my motor temp under 160F. Are there any other pitfalls I should look out for?
snopro31 likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nubs
So I recently purchased an R1 17.5 V21. I read in the R1 boards that a good place to start is anywhere between 40 and 45. What I have never done before is spend time on getting that perfect tune because I have always purchased the pre-tuned motors like the Team Scream, Fantom, etc. I have gone on YouTube to see how people tune their motors there and I am a bit concerned that people like Nick Adams are making things sound nice and logical but could potentially be giving bad advice. I was wondering, what is the best practice as far as getting your motor perfectly tuned for a specific track? Pick a gearing and then select the right timing? Or select the right timing and then get to the correct gearing? Either? I know that I want to keep my motor temp under 160F. Are there any other pitfalls I should look out for?
try here

R1 Wurks brushless motors