R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi
That link doesnt work anymore. What was it out of curiosity?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know you got it bad when you are supposed to move into your new house with your wife and kids, but it is the same weekend as offroad regionals two states away... your wife is out of town for work and will be arriving at the airport the day of the move... which is the day before the race. The guys are ready to go down and get there a day early for practice, or just to hang out and goof off... but you cant go yet... you have to be responsible.

I on the otherhand, got the kids stuff together, took them to the inlaws for the night, told the inlaws to pick up my wife at the airport, and told them they were going to help her move everything from one house to the other while i got on the road, on time, and to the event... a day early. Why would i want to pick her up from the airport? Did i have anything of value to move that wasnt present with me at the race? No. So i could trust the inlaws to move everything without a hitch! My words to her on the phone were, "I have faith in you, you got this... right? Uh huh... yeah ok... ok... you too."

>click<

Man i hated that woman...

...but i LOVE R/C.

When i got home four days later, the house was neat and organized... and she had an attitude... as if that was different than any other day.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HotrodHopkins

if your house gets robbed when you and your family are in it, and the first thing you do is run for your work bench.

-1990 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado TBI350 "Heavy Half". 1971 Chevrolet Nova

-My lug nuts require more Torque than your Honda makes.
HotrodHopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #124
Tech Rookie

when you bring a small Tv or big Tv for that matter to a race so you dont miss a nascar race or football game!

and i have seen this done weekends in a row... Bring a tv and X-Box to kill time inbetween races!

when you go to a race and spend 80% wrenching on your car, %10 sleeping, 1% on clensing your self and %9 on eating! Thats when you know your beyond addicted...

You might want to consider rehab
goodHANDLE100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

you have committeed the 1st four digits on the USPS confirmation receipt
from your local post office from selling your RC goods on RcTech or ebay . . . 0305
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #126
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When you buy a $450 Treo just so you can get on the internet and go to rctech.net anywhere...anytime.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #127
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

let's see I get 15 vacation days
5 snowbirds orlando
3 roar carpet nats stockton
3 IIC vegas
4 us indoor champs cleveland
yep 15 days

my first car 1977 chevy wagon $350 great pit space
second car 1979 buick wagon $500 ok pitspace
third car 1992 pontiac firebird $13000 terrible pitspace but got to track faster and it fit the 9 foot popup. great pitspace.
6x6x10 cargo trailer $1600 port-a-pit with air!

first 2 cars carried a $1300 hopped up YZ-10

stole parents car to go to race once. skipped their birthday to race. told them to move it to sunday as saturday I would be at the track.

just bought tamale steering block and hubs, BMI shock towers and Pickle chassis for T2 that I don't have yet. one week to stockton.

bought handspring prism with phone 4 years ago so I could have rollout chart and surf rctech.

have look at other 1:1 and said that it looks like it might need more camber and have said in own car that I needed to change roll center to get better handling.

spent one winter driving 200 miles oneway each weekend to run "local" club race. spent one summer all of 5 weekends intown others were at out of town races. spent 2 of those weekends on a RC tour hitting 2 different tracks for club races in 2 different cities in another state. drove 200 miles just to practice for cleveland. 2001 2002 2003 finally got a local track in 2004

bought camcorder and 2 digital cameras just to take pictures of RC cars.

have RC stuff on stove top for last 6 months or more. have put motors in freezer to get better dyno numbers

I do case buildings and land for sale with intent to setup tracks.

set up 2 RC car websites www.nashrcracer.com and www.rc50.com

came into work on off day to pick up parts delivered to work.

have opened can of paragon just to take a wiff.

probably got a few more just can't think of them right now.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #128
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
let's see I get 15 vacation days
5 snowbirds orlando
3 roar carpet nats stockton
3 IIC vegas
4 us indoor champs cleveland
yep 15 days

my first car 1977 chevy wagon $350 great pit space
second car 1979 buick wagon $500 ok pitspace
third car 1992 pontiac firebird $13000 terrible pitspace but got to track faster and it fit the 9 foot popup. great pitspace.
6x6x10 cargo trailer $1600 port-a-pit with air!

first 2 cars carried a $1300 hopped up YZ-10

stole parents car to go to race once. skipped their birthday to race. told them to move it to sunday as saturday I would be at the track.

just bought tamale steering block and hubs, BMI shock towers and Pickle chassis for T2 that I don't have yet. one week to stockton.

bought handspring prism with phone 4 years ago so I could have rollout chart and surf rctech.

have look at other 1:1 and said that it looks like it might need more camber and have said in own car that I needed to change roll center to get better handling.

spent one winter driving 200 miles oneway each weekend to run "local" club race. spent one summer all of 5 weekends intown others were at out of town races. spent 2 of those weekends on a RC tour hitting 2 different tracks for club races in 2 different cities in another state. drove 200 miles just to practice for cleveland. 2001 2002 2003 finally got a local track in 2004

bought camcorder and 2 digital cameras just to take pictures of RC cars.

have RC stuff on stove top for last 6 months or more. have put motors in freezer to get better dyno numbers

I do case buildings and land for sale with intent to setup tracks.

set up 2 RC car websites www.nashrcracer.com and www.rc50.com

came into work on off day to pick up parts delivered to work.

probably got a few more just can't think of them right now.

what is funny about this post is... that you didnt even put it into perspective. it just says RC WHORE all over it... Im right there with ya man lol
Old 03-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #129
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Your driving on the freeway and suddenly there is a Mazda 6 or a Stratus in front of you!

Things pop up off your mind............

1. Now I know how it feels like to be in an RC car.
2. I wonder if I cold duplicate the manuever I made last weekend at the tracks
3. I hope this car wants to go dicing with me....
4. You tell your wife, that the car infront is a very popular RC Body!!!

You brought home a new kit or new stuffs and your wife looks at you with a grin then you say........ "The owner of the store wants me to try it out and give my opinion!!" Then when the time comes you want to sell it, you say, "he wants it back" Or you brought home a new kit or stuff and you say: "I won in the raffle" (we always have raffle in our big races here)
Works with my wife----- try it!!!

You resched all your scheduled patients to sunday so you can race on a saturday!

You don't mind loosing a patient/client because you keep on rescheduling them just so you could race!

You ask a patient who works in Japan to look and buy for a part for your car and when she returns---- she gets her treatment for free!! Then you tell your wife who works with you that that was a back job!!!!

LAST ONE:
One our LHS operates a Gas station, so when you use your card, its the Gas Stations name that comes out--not a hobby store!!
I bought an f1 kit and when the bill came i told her--- the timing belt of the car needed to be replaced!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #131
Tech Adept

When you get a Visa card (with the billing adderess at work) so the wife can't see the bill.
When you know the reliese date of the new touring car before the hobbyshop.
When you try to figure out how to turn down the duelrate on the screendoor.
When you spend more on R/C magizines than cable.
When you own eight tackle boxes and don't fish.
When you're 50 and have more money in your R/C room than your 401k.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #132
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjak
When you own eight tackle boxes and don't fish.

LOL, that is a great one!

when you deticate a whole room of your house to RC.

when you pay $30 to some one you dont even know so you can watch the NOVAK race live and hear scotty anounce the race! lol

when you stay home all weekend and watch the race on the net!
(you all know who you are )

when you come on RCTech and post all the latest qualifying results from big races as they are updated.

when for what ever reason you look up to toso...

ill let that be the thread killer lol.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #133
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

When you buy a car that isn't a class at your local track but you think "if I bring it and run it in practice other racers will think it's cool and buy them too! Then we can race them!!" I have done this three times at my local track and it worked!

When you run 1/10th pan car every weekend even though there are only 2 others racers, just to keep the class going. I did this and now we have 8-12 every weekend, sometimes 20.

I am not addicted to on-road but R/C in genral. Planes, boats, trucks, crawlers, buggies, helicopters, I love it all!!!!
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #134
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjak
When you're 50 and have more money in your R/C room than your 401k.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #135
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

when you add up all the retail value (regardless if you bought it new, used, or traded it...)of your rc stuff sitting in one room, and think... damn.

definately when you have more toolboxes and tackleboxes, and you dont fish... and the fact that you have more "compartment" boxes than your local craft store.

when your "nook" in your kitchen takes up 3/4 of the room, and the wifes pantry takes up 1/4. the dry goods share a common table with the r/c bodies and batteries

and you know when your wife says "honey.. you have all this stuff.. you should race more often....." --god i love my wife. ;-)
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote