Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you are addicted to onroad R/C cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you know you're addicted to rc when the night before racing it takes for ever to get to sleep because all you want to do is get out there
Old 08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Too Many Cars!!!!

How about when you buy a house and one room is for your cars and has dead bolt lock so your wife cannot see that you went and bought another R/C vehicle. I own 2 TC4's, E-Maxx, Helicopter, Racing boat is a Villain, and do not forget the nitro Tc3, The nitro stadium truck, and of course the Losi Mini truck with the Mamba system. Can they take these away if I claim Bankrupcy so I can buy some more stuff. Is 3 chargers too many. I had a nightmare the other night and woke up screaming because my helicopter crashed into my TC 4 and scratched it. LOL!!!
Godspeed
Old 08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not addicted.... really I'm not....! I'm just passionate about my hobby!

I guess it's better than drinking or smoking my money away...
Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore

I guess it's better than drinking or smoking my money away...
Funny that you mentioned that. I once was in a fist with with my uncle many years ago over me throwing my money away in my so called toys. My response to him was that he was also throwing his money away along with his life. He took it as a insult and it came down to us not talking for some years. He finally came around.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
do i know u? lol.
I meant to quote your signature, please see next post.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

--IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM--

TEAM REDNECK

Your signature should be a quote from GOD himself! Drive on redneck, drive on!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Okay, ......I admit to schedule family events around raceday........ Any of this other stuff and you need a mental institute. I really enjoy the hobby, but my fam is far more significant than R/C. It is a good read though!
You mean to tell me that you dont have an area devoted to your rc stuff?

Your wife has never commented on the hobby?

No one you know has tried to "play push" a shelf queen?

You haven't gone breakneck speed to open up a box of goodies from an online purchase?

You havent booted up quick fast and in a hurry to see any of the messages you get from posting on the boards?

I dont need a mental institute , you need a lie therapist!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

You know how most people with attached garages have a lock so that if someone gets in the Garage they can't get into the house?

My house is the oppisite, I lock the door so you can't get into the garage FROM the house!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
You know how most people with attached garages have a lock so that if someone gets in the Garage they can't get into the house?

My house is the oppisite, I lock the door so you can't get into the garage FROM the house!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gofastrlbrown
How about when you buy a house and one room is for your cars and has dead bolt lock so your wife cannot see that you went and bought another R/C vehicle. I own 2 TC4's, E-Maxx, Helicopter, Racing boat is a Villain, and do not forget the nitro Tc3, The nitro stadium truck, and of course the Losi Mini truck with the Mamba system. Can they take these away if I claim Bankrupcy so I can buy some more stuff. Is 3 chargers too many. I had a nightmare the other night and woke up screaming because my helicopter crashed into my TC 4 and scratched it. LOL!!!
Godspeed
Man have I got it baaaddd!!! I also have a room filled with cars. I'm so bad I buy another car right after I built the previous one. I've got too many cars and not enough time to race them all. If there was an onroad sedan race with 5 qualifiers, I would run a different car for every qualifier. And of course, I am not talking about beginner stuff, its all race quality top line electrics and everything.

How to pay for all that? Forget the separate accounts or any accounts, women can get the info on those easy! They have that ability. What every man needs is the super secret Black Funds. This is that roll of C's hidden deep in the goey parts of your box all smellin full of Paragon that your women don't dare to look for.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Forget the separate accounts or any accounts, women can get the info on those easy! They have that ability. What every man needs is the super secret Black Funds. This is that roll of C's hidden deep in the goey parts of your box all smellin full of Paragon that your women don't dare to look for.

You got it, every married rc racer should have one

Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Default YR4 you got a point but...

One of two things can go wrong. While snooping around like women often do, she may happen upon the box and it "falls" down, spilling out all of your hidden goodies (receipts, extra wad of cash, r/c groupie chicks #'s) or, you have a small lock on the box that prompts her to ask," why is that the only thing in here that looks like it does AND it has a lock on it?". Best bet, keep your extra cash at the job in your desk that only you have the key to. Thats what I do. Seperate account that's mine, keep her ignorant to Paypal, your own computer that is encrypted..shit, if I didnt know any better, you would think we were selling secrets to Al Quaeda
Old 08-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull

You mean to tell me that you dont have an area devoted to your rc stuff?

Your wife has never commented on the hobby?

No one you know has tried to "play push" a shelf queen?

You haven't gone breakneck speed to open up a box of goodies from an online purchase?

You havent booted up quick fast and in a hurry to see any of the messages you get from posting on the boards?

I dont need a mental institute , you need a lie therapist!
I have done some things for R/C but slap the wife over touching R/C stuff huh,...... I don't think so. Like I stated earlier you need serious help. I wouldn't touch my wife especially over R/C cars. My family supports my addiction, but ....... it is all in perspective.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
I have done some things for R/C but slap the wife over touching R/C stuff huh,...... I don't think so. Like I stated earlier you need serious help. I wouldn't touch my wife especially over R/C cars. My family supports my addiction, but ....... it is all in perspective.
Some people are crazier than others.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

LOL^

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.