R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #316
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan
ooops... too late... lol. now she wants me to change the wallpaper of the whole house...

you might be addicted if your kitchen sink is muddy from cleaning tires... lol

Whoops! forgot the title: onroad.

My bad
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #317
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You might be addicted to R/C, when your wife sends you to the store for bread and something else (I think it was butter) and you return with bread and a R/C Driver. It has happened more than once.
glgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #318
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Mongo Send a message via Yahoo to Mongo

Thinking.... This 10 foot by 4.5 foot Cherry table will allow me to lay everything out nice and neatly. Cover it with not one but 2 towels... After building ten motors, clean up and relise that there are white spots in the finnish from the motor spray! lol

Anyone need a 4K pit table? Or know how to get the cloudyness out? lol
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
Thinking.... This 10 foot by 4.5 foot Cherry table will allow me to lay everything out nice and neatly. Cover it with not one but 2 towels... After building ten motors, clean up and relise that there are white spots in the finnish from the motor spray! lol

most likely you need to get it repolished as the clear is damaged
as long as the motor spray has'nt penetrated to the timber it can be as good as new
Old 07-30-2006, 03:35 PM   #320
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

Mongo, you're going to have to use a fine grit sand paper and go over the areas lightly until the cloudiness is gone. Then find the same varnish that was originally used to cover it and go over the whole thing with one or 2 light coats.

And yeah... Thankfully, my table oops was just a cheap deal from like Bob's furniture and live bait mart...
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:37 AM   #321
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeardmore
No.... Silly.... it was a DIFF "RING"
With tungsten carbide diff balls on it by any chance?

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:09 AM   #322
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Grilfriend of 7 yrs said " ENOUGH!!! " after our day club race was rained out and we loaded up to drive 2 hours to make an indoor race in Memphis. This was instead of taking her out to eat and then to a ball game with a large group of our friends. LOL

1st fiancee gave back the ring after she decided that I "would never grow up and stop playing with toys", and "would probably be delivering pizza for the rest of my life!". Ah.......she was half right!!

The next girlfriend came to the track on race nights and hung out and read books while I raced. Then invited my buddies over to her apartment after the races for BS sessions. She also went to the 94' NORRCA offroad nats with me in OK City. She then told me to go get glasses because it would let me drive better! (she was correct) On my birthday during the first year we were dating, she surprised me with a RPM dual ended wrench and RPM Losi shock changing tools, plus, her family pitched in together and gave my the Plano pit box I was wanting!!!! Lets just say she and I have been married for 11 yrs!!!! And she still supports my addiction to RC.

Brant
LMAO! You found a few bad ones before finding the right one there by the sounds of it,but youre very lucky to have one that can buy you r/c stuff,my wife wouldnt have a clue! i'd end up getting some duracells if I asked her for a set of cells

When I realised one of my ex's was sleeping around she just gave me the ring back that I got her,got a refund for it so I could get a pit table... Still got it now

Had one girlfriend who supported my racing and would happy come along,but things just didnt work out there.

But I finally found my "one to be with forever" now and we've been married 2 years and got a 1 y/o son,she can get a little tired of me talking about r/c and my sponsor,but i've just got a dremmel with my birthday money and she was fine about it,all just so I can make my chassis a bit lighter

She hasn't come to race meeting with me yet because she usually works on sundays or looks after our son,but she has said if she isnt working and we can get my parents to look after him she'll come along... But it wont be that long before he gets his hands on an r/c car and comes with us,he's already got a good selection of cars in his toy box

I Definitely think you need an understanding partner for any kind of r/c

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:25 AM   #323
KoE
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KoE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
you watch out the window all day waiting for the postman/ups/fed ex to deliver your rc car parts!!!
thought no one realized that when i was waiting for my corally apparently the entire office knew
Old 07-31-2006, 12:36 PM   #324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo

Mongo,

weren't you the one making fun of southen people on the cleveland thread?

Even I being a southerner wouldn't do that

2 points for me
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #325
Tech Regular

Whenever you go in any shop. You go straight to the DIY section to see if you can find anything that could go in your pit box, no matter how pointless.
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #326
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When you've done a crouching tiger flip over furniture to stop one of your few in number, non-rc buddies from "hot wheels" pushing your car across the floor.

When you are constantly checking temps on your motor, speedo and batteries like you are driving a nitro car.

When family events work AROUND race day.

If you have ever forgotten to charge the remote control batteries and start pulling batteries out of remotes for the TV, cable and dvd controllers.

If you have a closet and/or room devoted strictly to R/C that will get your wife gorilla pimp slapped for trying to tidy up that area.

If you have ever pondered on dumping your significant other because she referred to your hobby as just "playing with toys"

If you have ever come home from work, plugged up a pack and started to boot up your machine before kissing the wife and kids, then.....

The guys in your mailroom know when you are receiving stuff that they no longer place parcels in your mailbox, but deliver it right to your desk for fear you might go ape on them for making you wait longer to receive your goodies

Any of this, you might be addicted to R/C
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:33 PM   #327
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to aoizip

When you try to skip your work's presentation so you can make it to racing. and your engineer dept call your cell to get you back.
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #328
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
When you've done a crouching tiger flip over furniture to stop one of your few in number, non-rc buddies from "hot wheels" pushing your car across the floor.

When family events work AROUND race day.

If you have a closet and/or room devoted strictly to R/C that will get your wife gorilla pimp slapped for trying to tidy up that area.

If you have ever pondered on dumping your significant other because she referred to your hobby as just "playing with toys"

If you have ever come home from work, plugged up a pack and started to boot up your machine before kissing the wife and kids, then.....

The guys in your mailroom know when you are receiving stuff that they no longer place parcels in your mailbox, but deliver it right to your desk for fear you might go ape on them for making you wait longer to receive your goodies

Any of this, you might be addicted to R/C
Okay, ......I admit to schedule family events around raceday........ Any of this other stuff and you need a mental institute. I really enjoy the hobby, but my fam is far more significant than R/C. It is a good read though!

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:32 PM   #329
Tech Champion

You're addicted to R/C when..........you include you R/C (cars,trucks, radios or whatever) in family portraits.

Old 08-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #330
Tech Champion

When on your birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or any gift day you want r/c related items.