Like Tree735Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Old 10-27-2020, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED View Post
Hello Everyone... With the indoor season upon us I wanted to share my setups from this past weekends Halloween Classic in Cleveland, OH. I ran 17.5 TC also Stock Spec TC.... Stock Spec TC we ran the MOTIV USGT 21.5 Closed Timing Motor

Cars worked well all weekend... 17.5 was able to TQ/finish 3rd - Stock I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd

17.5 Set Up: https://setup.teamxray.com/sheet/view?userSheetId=19246
Stock Set Up: https://setup.teamxray.com/sheet/view?userSheetId=19247

If anyone has any questions please let me know...

2* outboard toe? That can't be right...
Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Marc; Rear roll center on Stock was the same was 17.5????? you left out 1.0 or .5 for the rear pin bushing

Thanks Carl from Apex.

RF-0.5 up and out with -.25 RF blocks
RF- 0.5 up and in
= 1.75 inboard toe...
Old 10-28-2020, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
99% sure thatís using the 1* rear hubs
NEED-MORE-SPEED likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
99% sure thatís using the 1* rear hubs
I know it was a "typo", Xray has never done a 2* rear hub.
NEED-MORE-SPEED and Sortafast like this.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
It says right in the comment section that he's running 1 degree in the hubs and 2 degrees in the pins (arms).
Old 10-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hello Everyone... To clear up any misunderstanding regarding the settings on the rear toe, that was my mistake and the setup sheets should now be accurate.

* 17.5 was running 2 degree on the pins (ARMS) and 1 degree hubs for a total of 3 degrees
* 21.5 stock was running 2 degree on the pins (ARMS), 1 degree on the hubs and -.25 split blocks for a total 2.75 rear toe

My apologies for the inaccurate setup sheet but is correct now.
KE4PJO likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Marc; Rear roll center on Stock was the same was 17.5????? you left out 1.0 or .5 for the rear pin bushing

Thanks Carl from Apex.
Correct... Rear roll centers were the same on both cars. Those pin settings is what's working best for me and seams to be working from the multiple tracks I've been to recently
freebird likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Xray did produce 2į uprights but they were aluminum and had 4 camber link positions. I donít believe there are many of them left out there though. It is something Iíve wanted to try on black carpet but havenít been able to make it happen. ARS seems like a good enough tuning option instead.
NutDriver and Sortafast like this.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post
Xray did produce 2į uprights but they were aluminum and had 4 camber link positions. I donít believe there are many of them left out there though. It is something Iíve wanted to try on black carpet but havenít been able to make it happen. ARS seems like a good enough tuning option instead.
If I recall Trinity made 2į rear hubs as well.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post
Xray did produce 2į uprights but they were aluminum and had 4 camber link positions.
Forgot about those...
Old 10-28-2020, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BEMO2019 View Post
If I recall Trinity made 2į rear hubs as well.
they still have one on their website
Old 10-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
they still have one on their website
I thought so as well but was unable to find them. They must have recently gotten removed.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mocrawlin View Post
Well, took some rear droop out and it was better for sure. Body helped quite a bit really. Actually had to turn the dual rate up a little. Went up to 5000 diff fluid and it was pretty good. Ended up TQing in the second round of qualifying and lead the race till the last 2 laps and just have the race away. LoL oh well, it was fun.

so, next week we donít race on road, so, I have 2 weeks to rewire and reposition the esc and reciever like itís meant to be. I was in a hurry and didnít have any wire to put the esc behind motor, so itís in front and I think the weight from esc in the rear, will help a lot. So, I look forward to racing again in a couple weeks! Thanks for the tips guys. The droop adjustments definitely helped.

well, had a club race last night. After putting electronics where they are supposed to be the car was much better. Right off the bat the rear was stuck and pushing the front. And made some changes and got it handling pretty good for the main. Finished 2nd. Now I think I need to work with shock oils to really fine tune it. So far, I am liking it.

anyone have any idea on what the Ď21 will have over the Ď20?
Old 11-05-2020, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mocrawlin View Post
well, had a club race last night. After putting electronics where they are supposed to be the car was much better. Right off the bat the rear was stuck and pushing the front. And made some changes and got it handling pretty good for the main. Finished 2nd. Now I think I need to work with shock oils to really fine tune it. So far, I am liking it.

anyone have any idea on what the Ď21 will have over the Ď20?
They put up a video about it this morning. No real shots of the car, but they said 8mm steering swing arm, black shocks, new top deck (didn't say split) new motor mount and new chassis plate w/o short arm holes. Doesn't sound like there's anything that would get me to upgrade since I pretty much have all option parts now for all my cars. I can live without black shocks (doubt black shocks would be in the upgrade kit). The LCG conversion seems better, but I doubt either would be faster for a club racer. Oh and finally a better battery mount, but again already got that.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ActiveShooter View Post
They put up a video about it this morning. No real shots of the car, but they said 8mm steering swing arm, black shocks, new top deck (didn't say split) new motor mount and new chassis plate w/o short arm holes. Doesn't sound like there's anything that would get me to upgrade since I pretty much have all option parts now for all my cars. I can live without black shocks (doubt black shocks would be in the upgrade kit). The LCG conversion seems better, but I doubt either would be faster for a club racer. Oh and finally a better battery mount, but again already got that.
Perhaps the conversion kit or all new kit will be better for a club racer. With the updated RF suspension blocks, revised motor mount, top deck and chassis plate. The Factory guys who had part in testing are claiming more steering, more traction and most of all, an easier driving platform over the 20.
NutDriver and Sortafast like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.