Like Tree735Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Old 02-25-2020, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Pretty sure a bumper brace would not have helped that crash head on, wide open into a 2x4 wall.

EA
Track theory is "Go that way really, really fast. If something gets in your way.....TURN"
Lonestar, DBM and ryan391 like this.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

I don't like the look of all those holes on top of each other either.

I'm currently building my '20 kit using the RC Cox 'long arm' chassis that doesn't have the extra holes. Arrowmax also make a similar chassis.

I'd bet money on them removing those holes for the '21 kit. Optimised chassis plate
Old 02-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the aluminum plate chassis have the same 'extra' holes?
Old 02-25-2020, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Does the aluminum plate chassis have the same 'extra' holes?
Yes, less of an issue on aluminium, but still increases the chance of it bending
Ggrant likes this.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
that's what we can call a design flaw...
That is What We call a Driving Flaw..
. SMH....
Old 02-26-2020, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

^^^^^This
Old 02-27-2020, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Default Batts

Anyone running a shorty in the t4 with the Xray weights and shorty holders.? Seems having the wt. Lwr on chassis and battery able to position around a bit could be an advantage. Thanx.
sagejyoung likes this.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Helło lol
Old 03-10-2020, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can understand that this is a racing car and not a car made for demolition derbies, but we're not all racing in the amain all the time. I absolutely loved the first outing with my car right up to the point that another racer's car ended up stationary on the main straight while my 4.5t powered car came flying down the same straight while finishing my last lap of the race. His car had barely any damage while mine has a broken chassis and broken top deck. And this is with the xray front bumper brace installed.

I've been running xray cars for a long time now. T2,T3 and T4. I've had some bad crashes before and the worst I've had happen was a broken top deck along with other bits. Never a broken chassis. I guess I'm just not good enough to drive the new T4 then. May have to look at a different car.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rampokker View Post
I can understand that this is a racing car and not a car made for demolition derbies, but we're not all racing in the amain all the time. I absolutely loved the first outing with my car right up to the point that another racer's car ended up stationary on the main straight while my 4.5t powered car came flying down the same straight while finishing my last lap of the race. His car had barely any damage while mine has a broken chassis and broken top deck. And this is with the xray front bumper brace installed.

I've been running xray cars for a long time now. T2,T3 and T4. I've had some bad crashes before and the worst I've had happen was a broken top deck along with other bits. Never a broken chassis. I guess I'm just not good enough to drive the new T4 then. May have to look at a different car.
To be honest, you're lucky that is all you broke. I had an electronic failure, and was collected by a guy running a 4.5t on the straight. Broke top deck, drive shafts, hubs, and cracked my chassis. It ruined my motor and ESC as well. Being hit or hitting something with a mod car will break stuff. Simple fact. It's not a matter of being a 'good' driver. Mod just breaks stuff easier than slower classes.
Lonestar and SubSailor like this.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had worse crashes with my '18 T4 (which was definitely my fault) and never damaged the chassis.The car I hit had its rear end facing my car. It rolled forward when I hit it. So its not like hitting a wall or something totally solid like that. 'm just not overly impressed at the moment.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you need a good ole FK05. Abso-freaking-lutely un-breakable. Or possibly a T2 Raycer, great car too, with the plastic chassis

But I agree - if too many racers break their chassis like that, be it for good (ahem) or bad reasons, and if the top guys don't use the shorter arms pretty much at all any more, these holes will disappear on the '21 MY

Old 03-10-2020, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Try that crash with an S-Car or an A-car; and youíll have an expensive paperweight on your hands since itíll be cheaper a new car than repairing..

Even if the car was facing rear-end; you impacted a stand-still object on the straight.. you can have the skills of Hagberg; a dead car on the straight with mod speed is a recipe for disaster..
Old 03-10-2020, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Dead cars on straights, big crashes on the driving lines. Sounds like you need a better race announcer. I personally call out my crashes on the driver stand so other drivers are aware of a potential sitting car in their line. Nobody wants to hit another car if they can avoid it. I also call out big crashes while turn marshaling. How does that saying go? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

But, you are always welcome to join the dark side and go AX!
Old 03-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Ran 1st Pack at the track and Car felt amazing!
Med grip azzphalt,kinda cool out. With Good broken in Tires I needed a Lil more Rear Grip tho..
Car is gonna be Krazy Fun...My 1st tc in 20 Yrs.
Chassis...Does it need those Extra hole? NO.
Do they hurt Anything? No
Will the Next Gen Have these as someone suggested? Prolly Not...Hold This Car in Your hand and Twist it..I am pretty Sure I could break this car with My Hands, Maybe Pan cars I can think of this would be the case as Well.So somthing I can break by Hand is gonna Smash when driven into any Object at Speed....
. Sorry For Your Wreck.Alum Chassis Next ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.