Like Tree735Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Old 01-17-2020, 04:55 AM
  #676  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,714
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Panaracer.
Thanks for the tip-in.
mooby64 is offline  
Old 01-20-2020, 07:35 AM
  #677  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
TeamGPT88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Sway bars

Will any of the older T4 sway bars work on the 20 model?
TeamGPT88 is offline  
Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 AM
  #678  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
DirkW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,065
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The rear ones are the same as before, fronts are new.
Lonestar likes this.
DirkW is offline  
Old 01-20-2020, 10:49 AM
  #679  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
TeamGPT88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
The rear ones are the same as before, fronts are new.
Thanks
TeamGPT88 is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 12:34 AM
  #680  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,671
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Keep in mind the bulkheads are closer too, hence the stiffer 1.4F/1.3R kit setup than the past 1.3F/1.2R
Lonestar is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:48 AM
  #681  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,913
Default

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Keep in mind the bulkheads are closer too, hence the stiffer 1.4F/1.3R kit setup than the past 1.3F/1.2R
It's been 1.4/1.3 for a few years now. If you want the same effect (due to the longer arms, not the bulkheads) you need to go up to 1.5/1.4
XSRCdesign likes this.
Skiddins is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 05:01 AM
  #682  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
It's been 1.4/1.3 for a few years now. If you want the same effect (due to the longer arms, not the bulkheads) you need to go up to 1.5/1.4
Do sway bars work differently than shocks, in regards to pivot points? With longer arms, the length being added inboard and not at the wheel, and the same shock mounting position, the wheel rate goes up. This is because the wheel has less leverage on the inner pivot point because the shock has moved out relatively speaking. I would think it would be the same with a sway bar.
trilerian is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 07:22 AM
  #683  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,163
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Do sway bars work differently than shocks, in regards to pivot points? With longer arms, the length being added inboard and not at the wheel, and the same shock mounting position, the wheel rate goes up. This is because the wheel has less leverage on the inner pivot point because the shock has moved out relatively speaking. I would think it would be the same with a sway bar.
You are correct, longer arms call for softer springs and bars to get the same wheel rate.

I will say that the wheel rate change with the new longer arms is pretty small though, so the change in rate of spring and bar is probably more like a half or a third of a mm bar.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 01-26-2020, 09:35 AM
  #684  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Jsaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 519
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pinion

Hey Racers,
First Xray, having fun building the T4 20, but problem with pinion adjustments. I will run this car in USVTA and we use smaller spurs and large pinions. Having issues getting to the grub screw of the pinion when it is on the mounted motor. Ideas or tricks greatly appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
Jsaves is offline  
Old 01-26-2020, 09:40 AM
  #685  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
DirkW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,065
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes, that can be tricky sometimes. Wasn't easy with the previous models, but it seems it's even harder with the '20 to get an angle where you can still get to the screw, If all else fails, remove the top deck...
Jsaves likes this.
DirkW is offline  
Old 01-26-2020, 12:43 PM
  #686  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
XSRCdesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Spencer Ohio
Posts: 202
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jsaves View Post
Hey Racers,
First Xray, having fun building the T4 20, but problem with pinion adjustments. I will run this car in USVTA and we use smaller spurs and large pinions. Having issues getting to the grub screw of the pinion when it is on the mounted motor. Ideas or tricks greatly appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
I seem to have the best luck with the set screw in the 10-11 o’clock position. I usually can sneak my driver in that way. (Set screw out)
Jsaves likes this.

Last edited by XSRCdesign; 01-26-2020 at 06:35 PM.
XSRCdesign is offline  
Old 01-26-2020, 05:53 PM
  #687  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jsaves View Post
Hey Racers,
First Xray, having fun building the T4 20, but problem with pinion adjustments. I will run this car in USVTA and we use smaller spurs and large pinions. Having issues getting to the grub screw of the pinion when it is on the mounted motor. Ideas or tricks greatly appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
I have been using a 1/16 ball end hex driver for years. Arrowmax makes one.
Jsaves likes this.
trilerian is offline  
Old 01-27-2020, 07:40 AM
  #688  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,714
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jsaves View Post
Hey Racers,
First Xray, having fun building the T4 20, but problem with pinion adjustments. I will run this car in USVTA and we use smaller spurs and large pinions. Having issues getting to the grub screw of the pinion when it is on the mounted motor. Ideas or tricks greatly appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
Loosen the motor screws so you can tilt the motor. This way you can get at the pinion set screw.
Jsaves, sagejyoung and NutDriver like this.
mooby64 is offline  
Old 02-02-2020, 02:08 PM
  #689  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Jsaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 519
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ride height

Hey Racers,
I have a T4 20 in USVTA and with those tires I cannot get the ride height below 6mm in the rear. The shock collars are all the way up too.
Ideas?
Thanks and God Bless
Jsaves is offline  
Old 02-02-2020, 05:05 PM
  #690  
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,029
Default

Originally Posted by Jsaves View Post
Hey Racers,
I have a T4 20 in USVTA and with those tires I cannot get the ride height below 6mm in the rear. The shock collars are all the way up too.
Ideas?
Thanks and God Bless
Our guys are running the lower shock mounting position and are able to get the proper ride height.
Jsaves and Sortafast like this.
Chris Adams is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.