Like Tree735Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Old 12-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
Started my build tonight, some interesting things missing since the 19. No more ARS bag, not that I use it but it was a free pair of knuckles and other parts. Ears for floating steering rack no longer on servo mount, again I don't use it so no issue there.

I really like that they broke the bottom edge of the chassis more, should make for less buildup on the bottom. A 64p spur, FINALLY! graphite arms in the kit, a nice touch there too!
Graphite arms have been in the kit since at least the '17 version (for standard suspension, not ARS).
Old 12-13-2019, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Graphite arms have been in the kit since at least the '17 version (for standard suspension, not ARS).
I had to go look at my '19 I could have sworn it came with hard arms but you're absolutely right, graphite!
Old 12-13-2019, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

When you have your car sitting flat with out wheels on. What is the measurement from surface to the center top hole in front shock tower.
thanks
Old 12-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

It appears as though my kit was supplied with 2 sets of offset front body posts, and no standard ones
Old 12-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
It appears as though my kit was supplied with 2 sets of offset front body posts, and no standard ones
Well that's a bummer. But, the good news is, you can use the '19's.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Not sure if anybody else has experienced this issue, but I've tapped the wall a couple of times today and the front belt comes off, I've have the belt a little tighter then normal.

any suggestions would be helpful, did have this issue with my 2018/2019 T4.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by anythinggas View Post
Not sure if anybody else has experienced this issue, but I've tapped the wall a couple of times today and the front belt comes off, I've have the belt a little tighter then normal.

any suggestions would be helpful, did have this issue with my 2018/2019 T4.
Too tight can be a problem. I rolled a front belt but it wasn't from a "tap", it was a pretty hard hit. I've since loosened the belt and haven't had a problem...
Old 12-16-2019, 03:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

A friend of mine crashed during last weekend's race and bent his chassis. It's an easy fix with couple hammer strikes but shoud be better than this right? After all, not all of us are pros and many do crash a lot.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cansoykal View Post
A friend of mine crashed during last weekend's race and bent his chassis. It's an easy fix with couple hammer strikes but shoud be better than this right? After all, not all of us are pros and many do crash a lot.

The top plate of the bumper does not touch the bulkheads on the car as it did on previous years. XRAY has an option part to add, or there are half a dozen or so companies making parts to solve the issue.

Old 12-16-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Lucky it wasn't carbon
Old 12-16-2019, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cansoykal View Post
Those who would claim that they aren't pros....they have options. They can continue to drive over their heads and 'crash a lot' or .....wait for it.....they can slow down and stay in control.

At the end of the day, if one is crashing a lot, the net result is going 'slower' anyway. Staying in control means the car isn't broken. Remember....it's your choice, not Xray's fault.
Lonestar and gigaplex like this.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sps3172 View Post
Those who would claim that they aren't pros....they have options. They can continue to drive over their heads and 'crash a lot' or .....wait for it.....they can slow down and stay in control.

At the end of the day, if one is crashing a lot, the net result is going 'slower' anyway. Staying in control means the car isn't broken. Remember....it's your choice, not Xray's fault.

You will never be fast if you don't push your boundaries. I can understand if they're driving out of control but most people on these boards aren't bashers. Everyone has hit something hard whether they're a pro or not.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sps3172 View Post

Actually I think Xray was asleep at the wheel to not include a bumper brace that braces against the front bulkhead. It isn't that difficult on US tracks to go full speed, head on into a barrier. I am a 95%+ consistency driver and I still do it on occasion. You hit a curb or glance a barrier just enough to lift the inside tire, and all of a sudden you can't turn, and... Anyway, I am not against the need for the manufactures to sell hop ups. They took out the ARS, that if fine. But the bumper brace, really? And yes, it drives me nuts that the cars I drive don't come with one either. What is even worse though, when you get the car and all those braces are out of stock so you can't get one of those.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

It's a double edge sword. With the brace, the car will be upset by taps, more. Quit running lightweight bodies as well. The heavy bodies absorb more force.

Stuff happens. There's nothing wrong with the chassis plate.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
It's a double edge sword. With the brace, the car will be upset by taps, more. Quit running lightweight bodies as well. The heavy bodies absorb more force.

Stuff happens. There's nothing wrong with the chassis plate.
Don't follow your reasoning. While you are at it tell him not to go fast at all in case he crashes. There's no excuse at all for not designing a proper upper brace than to sell you one at a premium price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.