Like Tree735Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Old 12-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I look forward to shorter and smaller motors as well. A while back Trion had "shorty" motors. More recently Orion and Smc both have (or had) motors with a smaller diameter but that's just a timid beginning. Even servos are oversized these days, you have low-profile servos with 16kg of torque and under 0,08sec for 60 degrees, that has to be overkill. IIRC the TOP Photon allowed the mounting of a 1/12th-sized servo, maybe we should look into that again. The future is going to be interesting for sure.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
That's dangerously close to mine. How come I'm not as fast as you...LMAO.
I'm interested in the PSS up front, was it that bumpy?
it wasn’t bumpy at Champs at all really. I had PSS on at my home track from testing so I just left it. From my testing at home I felt like the PSS up front actually pushed a little, but it was faster and more consistent for me at that time. That was at 8.5mm shaft length. I went to 8.7mm to make it a little more reactive and have left it there since.
corallyman likes this.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tygertyger View Post
I look forward to shorter and smaller motors as well. A while back Trion had "shorty" motors. More recently Orion and Smc both have (or had) motors with a smaller diameter but that's just a timid beginning. Even servos are oversized these days, you have low-profile servos with 16kg of torque and under 0,08sec for 60 degrees, that has to be overkill. IIRC the TOP Photon allowed the mounting of a 1/12th-sized servo, maybe we should look into that again. The future is going to be interesting for sure.

1/12th servos slow down a bit if you hold the car down firmly. But they're getting closer, at least the KO Rsx12 is. The SMC motor is neat though. It has offset bolt holes to mount it a hair lower.

I'm going to get the slim battery so position doesn't matter. Aren't most of ya'll, heavy on the radio side with no weight added to the car?
Old 12-06-2019, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Optimised

I'll call it now - the T4'21 will be rear motor...
Nah, think the pulley design, and/or the motor mount, might change though to move the battery in.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Based on what people are saying here, I think the complaint is that the belts are on opposite sides of the car than the AX, and the compromise is that batteries are pushed out further toward the right edge and make the car difficult to balance with the electronics side while still coming in near weight.
Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
What's wrong with the belt layout? What did I miss?
The belts haven't moved at all, but the design changes to the centre layshaft mean it sticks out further each side.
On the motor side this makes no difference, but on the battery side it means that the lipo has had to move further out, by a few mm, which means the battery side is heavier than it used to be.
My previous Xray cars always had a slightly heavier electrics side.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The belts haven't moved at all, but the design changes to the centre layshaft mean it sticks out further each side.
On the motor side this makes no difference, but on the battery side it means that the lipo has had to move further out, by a few mm, which means the battery side is heavier than it used to be.
I understand this, I was being a little bit sarcastic. I just didn't see this as a big deal. I just added a little weight to the left side and went on.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
That's what these are for - and as you can see they are 2 and 3 mm thick.
HOLY SMOKES!! Somebody in the US needs to manufacture these. I was gonna order them but then after finding out there's only one way to ship (DHL Express)=49 bucks. No Way! I'll suffer with individual spacers.
KE4PJO likes this.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
It's just opposite of the AX. Which isn't a big deal, but seeing as these are really the only two cars most people care about, comparisons are inevitable.

I've built a lot of cars over the years, including every Xray since the T3 days and nearly every AX since the A700 days. This build is easily the best of the bunch. The new arms didn't even really need to be reamed. Impressive piece of kit for sure. The first one was on our track last night and reports are that it doesn't feel anything like the T4'19 did. Sounds like it's much improved. Now we just have to figure out some setups that are agreeable with how we like to drive.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby View Post
HOLY SMOKES!! Somebody in the US needs to manufacture these. I was gonna order them but then after finding out there's only one way to ship (DHL Express)=49 bucks. No Way! I'll suffer with individual spacers.
I can make some motor spacers if there is any interest. Probably need to order some 3mm carbon, but definitely have 2mm available.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Robbie,

Just wondering if you could answer a couple Q’s on your set-up.

The manual mentions that we shouldn’t use the inside position on the rear blocks, but it appears that you’ve used the inside position to remove most of the toe in?

Also, on the front pivots, would that be considered anti-dive? Arm sweep?

Thanks,

MM
Old 12-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 12-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by belewis01 View Post
I can make some motor spacers if there is any interest. Probably need to order some 3mm carbon, but definitely have 2mm available.
I would be interested Bruce also a front bumper brace.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by team green View Post
Working on the drawing now. I can do the brace too, but will need to measure the car 1st. - We can talk.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by belewis01 View Post
Working on the drawing now. I can do the brace too, but will need to measure the car 1st. - We can talk.
👍
Old 12-06-2019, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team green View Post
Have you driven the new car yet? How does it compare to the 18/19? USGT?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.