Like Tree741Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The build continues and is almost over

Couple of key informations:
- the battery mounting system holes are the same, so if you have an after market system installed on a previous car you can reuse it
- it looks like body mounting positions are the same too but still tbc
- the rear anti-roll bars are the same reference as before, not the front, and the design is not compatible
- the pillow balls let's go into the plastic shock top and bottom ends unfortunately are not threaded all the way through anymore. Which combined with the grub screws that are too long and 10mm instead of 8 creates issues.

Overall, the car looks fantastic!

Skiddins likes this.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Cheers Robby, makes sense. Any comments on setup starting point? Thank you!

What pinion are you planning on running with that Spur?

Why does XRay include crap they know we are going to have to upgrade. Why not just put a 96 tooth Spur in the Kit. It is right in the middle. Would not have cost anymore, or any less.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

My build was great. Had the minor issues listed aleady. A-Arm grub for the shock mount was too long, button head screws for the shock mounting to shock tower were also too long. Also, I recommend attaching the middle pully/spur combo on before the diff and spool are added as they fall out when putting it in, lol. First run on the car and I was able to turn the first sub 11 second laps on the layout. Car has a lot of turn in and carries good corner speed, just a little on edge for me with med/high traction on black carpet but a great starting point.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan391
What pinion are you planning on running with that Spur?

Why does XRay include crap they know we are going to have to upgrade. Why not just put a 96 tooth Spur in the Kit. It is right in the middle. Would not have cost anymore, or any less.
96 sounds like a stock class sized spur. Not everyone runs a 96.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Honestly, at this level of kit from Xray or any other manufacturer, why include a spur gear at all since that is ultimately decided by class, motor size, spec rules, etc. I really think it would be better to not include any oils for the shocks or diff as those are track and traction dependent. I have dozens of tubes and bottle of unused “included in the box” oils.

if your not going to include tiress and a body (like they were in the old days) because it’s too subjective, Spurs and oils are as well, let go ahead and cut those out
Old 12-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Honestly, at this level of kit from Xray or any other manufacturer, why include a spur gear at all since that is ultimately decided by class, motor size, spec rules, etc. I really think it would be better to not include any oils for the shocks or diff as those are track and traction dependent. I have dozens of tubes and bottle of unused “included in the box” oils.

if your not going to include tiress and a body (like they were in the old days) because it’s too subjective, Spurs and oils are as well, let go ahead and cut those out

For sure. Skip these and give us some anti roll bar options in the kit
Lonestar, glennhl, ryan391 and 1 others like this.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor

When I build a new car, I use their suggested kit setup. If the oils for the kit setup weren't provided, I'd be pretty annoyed. While we're at it, let's remove the kit springs.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
When I build a new car, I use their suggested kit setup. If the oils for the kit setup weren't provided, I'd be pretty annoyed. While we're at it, let's remove the kit springs.
And the kit wheel nuts, and the kit body pins as well.

No matter what you do someone is going to have a cry about something.
Slo_E4 likes this.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

How did the new T4'20 do in Cleveland?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lonestar
The build continues and is almost over

Couple of key informations:
- the battery mounting system holes are the same, so if you have an after market system installed on a previous car you can reuse it
- it looks like body mounting positions are the same too but still tbc
- the rear anti-roll bars are the same reference as before, not the front, and the design is not compatible
- the pillow balls let's go into the plastic shock top and bottom ends unfortunately are not threaded all the way through anymore. Which combined with the grub screws that are too long and 10mm instead of 8 creates issues.

Overall, the car looks fantastic!

You forgot to mention that the lipo's now sit further out than they used to!
They have to clear the new pulley assembly
Old 12-02-2019, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thought I'd wait until I had driven the new car before I commented on it. So here's my opinion. I didn't realize many of the issues that I've read about except for one. The top deck issue was the only bothersome thing. I worked around that by trimming the it about 0.5 mm, I did both sides to try to even the flex as best I could. But after putting it on the track, this car is great. My lap times improved without pushing the car at all, easily 1.5-2.0 tenths per lap (3 1/2 seconds over the 6 minute run). My only "complaint" would be the motor mount, I'd like to see it extended maybe a mm or so.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You forgot to mention that the lipo's now sit further out than they used to!
They have to clear the new pulley assembly
doesn’t matter. yours can only be a shelf queen.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The new 7075it Brass receiver weight and battery retainer are pretty awesome! Several people got them in Cleveland and installed them!!

EA
Old 12-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone looking for t4 2020 amainhobbies.com have them now plus you can get 10% discount only today code cyber1019
with free shipping enjoy
corallyman likes this.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

All standard parts in stock today too!

EA
NutDriver and XSRCdesign like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.