Like Tree735Likes

XRAY T4'20 SPEC

Old 10-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good chat everybody, thanks for the info. Back to where we’ve all been hanging out the last 5 years.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

There are a bunch of other cars coming out...and yet no one cares about those spy shots.

I think this new car might be of some interest for some folks and the release of early pictures probably hurts more than it helps honestly. I am still excited to see what Xray is going to do with the grand unveil because no one does that better than them. High quality pictures, videos, animations it is almost like they care enough about their products to take pride in what they are doing because they value it. People can hate all day but in the end they build and market top quality products and support races all around the world. I cannot see too many others doing this at this level. I think the industry could really learn a thing or two from these guys. Ruining an announcement can happen and obviously has happened here but in the end I think the market will decide the response. I am still excited to see what they have done on their terms and not from a terrible picture from a flip phone.

Out!
Skiddins likes this.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post

this value is the angle that the inside wheel reaches on the setup station. I make sure to adjust the left and right steering links evenly so they are always the same length, then make sure the toe is even on each side by adjusting the steering link that connects the servo to the rack. From there I check that each wheel reaches the same value on the inside wheel when steering left and right. If they are uneven, I will adjust with the EPA in the transmitter. Ideally the EPAwould never differ by more than 15%. I do this with my dual rate set to around 90% so I can increase or decrease by a few percent while on the stand; knowing that this adjustment will not be entirely even, but could help me determine if more or less throw is required when I check/set all of this for the next run.

hope this helps!
great info Robbie, question when installing the servo horn are u trying to get as close the center as possible?if so do you use sub trim to compensate for it?
Old 10-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I actually appreciated seeing the sneak peak of the full car. But with all the other pics floating around of all the changes, honestly it was kind of what I expected it to be. Already got a good idea of what the X1 '20 will look like too with the wheelbase adjustment and wing mount.

Anyways, longtime Xray customer here...quality is what wins me over, not marketing. Nice to see X-ray using DMG Mori CNC machines ($$$$$)
Lonestar, Drew Ellis and silden like this.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedychris22 View Post

great info Robbie, question when installing the servo horn are u trying to get as close the center as possible?if so do you use sub trim to compensate for it?
Yes sir, I try to mount the horn so the sub trim is close, but I do use the sub trim to get the horn in the position that I want.
Speedychris22 likes this.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, this got heavy.....I have my opinions but would like this to get back on topic, so to that end.

What do we know about this car that actually sets it apart, for all the hype I feel like I am missing something?
Old 10-22-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
There are a bunch of other cars coming out...and yet no one cares about those spy shots.

I think this new car might be of some interest for some folks and the release of early pictures probably hurts more than it helps honestly. I am still excited to see what Xray is going to do with the grand unveil because no one does that better than them. High quality pictures, videos, animations it is almost like they care enough about their products to take pride in what they are doing because they value it. People can hate all day but in the end they build and market top quality products and support races all around the world. I cannot see too many others doing this at this level. I think the industry could really learn a thing or two from these guys. Ruining an announcement can happen and obviously has happened here but in the end I think the market will decide the response. I am still excited to see what they have done on their terms and not from a terrible picture from a flip phone.

Out!

The reason the other car companies dont have spy shots is because they dont try to build hype around their release. XRAY started the marketing of this car over a month and a half ago and have yet to release any official details or a single picture of the car.

Building hype is the utilization of peoples curiosity...of course when you do that people are going to try to get a look at the car and do whatever they can.

Other companies dont do all the teasers and soft release announcements, so there isnt the samr hype.

Kind of self-inflicted. I understand if there are production issues or something, but the longer you hype it for the more risk there is of a spy shot.

Just look at real cars. Same thing. People were posting pics of the "prototype" Corvette C8 months before its release.

Regardless, Ive seen the new car and based on its performance at the last few races it looks like its worth the wait. Looking forward to try it out.

F1fletch likes this.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I still like it to be orange.
DirkW likes this.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New pulley

Looks like the rollerbearings now will be inside the pulley instead. The axle will be bolted to the motorpod probably.
Pictures are screenshots from their own vids.

​​​​​
Brian10811 likes this.

Last edited by Marell01; 10-23-2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What purpose do the new long arm have? Are they designed for low or high grip?
Old 10-23-2019, 06:29 AM
Gko
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Psycho_ View Post
Does anyone knows why in T4 '20 there will be a front-right-arm and a front-left-arm (also rear-right and rear-left)?? The arms are no longer symmetrical??
Old 10-23-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Psycho_ View Post
more traction with the longer arms. The car is easier to drive.

Last edited by R Dodge; 10-23-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

F1fletch likes this.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems that Xray is somehow still attached to symmetry... Not the case of many other brands...

By the way, you really are an artist.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:27 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The other brands with Awesomatix style have the pulley/belt/spur arrangement different to work with their existing front spool and rear diff pulley setup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.