R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500
... xray seems to clean up at the carpet foam races here in the usa but tamiya cleans up at the asphalt -rubber all over the world.
I corrected the sentence now it is true : Lemieux seems to clean up at the carpet foam races here in the usa but Marc Reinhard cleans up at the asphalt -rubber all over the world.

Those cars are equal it is all about the driver...
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to duckbutter

Thanks guys. Everyone runs the Xray at my track. I was leaning towards the Xray and I just happened to get the new RC driver mag and i read about the 415 msx. Both cars look nice but I like the silver finish on the Xray better. My FT TC4 is nice Im going to keep it to run in the stock class. I dont like the entry turning on it i just cant seem to turn tight could be im takeing the wrong line but the T2 at the socal track just seems to handle great. This hobbie is addicting I want all the new cars dame it. It better then beening addicted to drugs i guess but drugs would be cheaper.
duckbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have found the T2 to handle great on ashphalt, I've seen a 415 run at our track before and the driver had a really hard time setting it up when it took me two changes to the car from the standard setup and it was perfect. Just my experience, Drew.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:36 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default what car

I'am in same boat what do i get!!!
My brother has T2 its a weapon on foam but on rubber is junk, struging with it. The 415msx looks so much better & seams to work on rubbers so well;
but parts are the problem if you can't get them easy for ethier car look at the hot bodies is doing well to, its the same car but different colour.
racing on rubber 415
racing on foam t2
NOOB-SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tell your brother to go to www.teamxray.com

The car on rubber is far from 'junk'... post specific questions to adress the handling issues that he is struggling with and one of the many team drivers or racers for that specific type of track will be able to steer him in the proper direction.

There is also a searchable setup database on the forum.

That is another huge benefit of Xray...a large dedicated user base and helpful forum to help answer any questions you may have
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just recently parted from my 415MSX ... loved the car indoors, however, I wanted a change. I got the RDX and after one race night, I am impressed.

A couple weeks ago, I had a chance to try the T2 - and although the car was smooth to drive, my MSX seemed to have more "punch" ... and no, I don't mean due to motor's or electronics.

I am sure that Chris will post something on here to praise the T2 with reference points online as to why the T2 is the car we all need to bow-down to ...

On a serious note, either of these cars are great options - get the one that your local shops or tracks support ... you are going to break, or wear-out parts - having them available should be one of the main decision points on this purchase. Both cars are very good - with excellent winning potential.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing

Ignore peoples opinions and look at the parts your LHS carries. Yes, you can mail order but what happens when your break the last spare you have on a practice night the day before a race? I would love to try an Xray someday - but looking at the parts wall of my LHS for Xray, I'm affraid to. I dont have money like some to buy 2 T2's just so I have one for parts.

Some hobby shops have plenty of Xray parts for some reason or another - so if you live by one of those and they have Tamiya parts - Flip a coin!
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500
seems to me the tamiya runs better on asphalt and the xray on carpet.
xray seems to clean up at the carpet foam races here in the usa but tamiya cleans up at the asphalt -rubber all over the world. May just be a team thing but when xray goes to the big rubber asphalt races they are at the bottom of the b mains Tamiya is usally at the top with HB. I am a BIG tamiya fan and have no slop in my cars but i replace the arms and hinge pins every so often. Tamiya car can take a good hit and i have never broke anything.
I always buy spares from speedtech,alyays in stock.
True, the Tamiya 415 series cars has been doing very well on asphalt the last couple of years. Where you get the "bottom of B Main" statement from confuses me however. Sure, at the 2004 Worlds there were no XRay's in the A final, but there were 6 in the B. In fact with 6 cars XRay had the most cars in the top 20. At last year's Euros XRay had two cars in the A which again hardly is "bottom of the B". Looking at the Reedy races last year XRay did not do badly either. In the US for instance Craig Drescher won, but Jilles was a very very close second.

As far as the T2 goes your statement is even more inaccurate as the car has been run at an international asphalt event exactly once sofar. Jilles ended up at the top of the B final being the only team driver there with a new car and apparantly only two others in the whole event driving it too. Time will tell what the T2 is truly capable of on asphalt.

Getting back on topic, both are great cars. As are a great number of other cars such as the Corally RDX, Schumacher Mi2 (current European Champ with Teemu Leino) and off course the Hot Bodies car. While performance at big events does say something about a car it is ultimately the performance at your track in your hands that counts the most...
Old 03-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Amen
Old 03-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDO
Oh you mean the TTIC race where only one Xray factorydriver without factory backup was ................. Tamiya and HB had their complete worksteam with racers and engineers on hand, while Jilles G. had to do it al by himself. Besides the 415 is around for 2 years now and the t2 for 2 months.......... If I were you rethink what you just said. I am no addict to Tamiya or Xray, but keep the facts as they are.
you can't have it both ways buddy, with you logic the T2 is no better then any other car because they had their entire team at Snowbirds, Cleveland and the Noval race. Second where was Hara support at the Roar Nats or Reinhard support at Vegas? also what happen at the worlds in Fla. when X-ray didn't even make the A-main. until X-ray wins the big one just be known as the best carpet car on the planet.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
I just recently parted from my 415MSX ... loved the car indoors, however, I wanted a change. I got the RDX and after one race night, I am impressed.

A couple weeks ago, I had a chance to try the T2 - and although the car was smooth to drive, my MSX seemed to have more "punch" ... and no, I don't mean due to motor's or electronics.

I am sure that Chris will post something on here to praise the T2 with reference points online as to why the T2 is the car we all need to bow-down to ...

On a serious note, either of these cars are great options - get the one that your local shops or tracks support ... you are going to break, or wear-out parts - having them available should be one of the main decision points on this purchase. Both cars are very good - with excellent winning potential.
There are many competitive cars out there....and that's good for the market and the racer...

We all have our preferences. Typically when I make a post like you are referring to it is to adress a misconception or a perceived problem area regarding the product.

I tried to stay out of this thread as the 'which is better' family of threads typically always ends up degenerating into something counter productive...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to duckbutter

From what I read the T2 is made to run on asphalt and carpet due to the new multi flex design. I like the fact you can adjust the flex buy adding and removing screws to the top deck to make the chassie loose or stiff. That right there is a plus for the T2 over the 415 msx and the fact that there is so much help for set up.
One thing Im not sure about is what benifit having a gear reduction of 2:19:1 on the 415msx compared to the T2 which is lower i think. Also the spur gear is a 48 pitch on the T2 and the 415msx is 64 pitch. Dose any of that make a big difference.
duckbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #28
Suspended

the cyclone is a very good car.....
redneck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbutter
From what I read the T2 is made to run on asphalt and carpet due to the new multi flex design. I like the fact you can adjust the flex buy adding and removing screws to the top deck to make the chassie loose or stiff. That right there is a plus for the T2 over the 415 msx and the fact that there is so much help for set up.
One thing Im not sure about is what benifit having a gear reduction of 2:19:1 on the 415msx compared to the T2 which is lower i think. Also the spur gear is a 48 pitch on the T2 and the 415msx is 64 pitch. Dose any of that make a big difference.
high % of the X-ray driver were using solid top plate and maybe 25% used aftermarket bottom plates
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I can say I have seen team Xray drivers run on carpet and they are all running custom 3mm bottom chassis and solid top deck. By Team Pickle or by Xray, take your pick.

But there is an optional 4mm chassis for the 415. From what I have seen this car with this chassis is pretty darn impressive al well.

Flip a coin, both cars are top notch and both cars can win. Personally I like the Tamiya blue.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote