Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By massenb203
  • 1 Post By belewis01
  • 1 Post By LzREngineering

Roll center

Old 05-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Roll center

I know Iíve seen a post explaining in detail every thing you would need to know about roll center but now I canít find it. I just changed the body on my slash 2wd I run on asphalt, went from a jconcept 72 Chevy scalpel speed body to a rc8 1/8 buggy body and now it just pushes through corners. Iím thinking with the lower hung, narrower, lighter, and shorter body That I am not getting the roll I was before. I disconnected my sway bar made the tiniest bit of difference. So I was thinking I should probably lower my camber links down a hole on the shock towers and that should help if Iím understanding roll center right. If anyone knows the thread Iím talking about a link would be greatly appreciated, or any thing else you think might help.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyRigs View Post
I know Iíve seen a post explaining in detail every thing you would need to know about roll center but now I canít find it. I just changed the body on my slash 2wd I run on asphalt, went from a jconcept 72 Chevy scalpel speed body to a rc8 1/8 buggy body and now it just pushes through corners. Iím thinking with the lower hung, narrower, lighter, and shorter body That I am not getting the roll I was before. I disconnected my sway bar made the tiniest bit of difference. So I was thinking I should probably lower my camber links down a hole on the shock towers and that should help if Iím understanding roll center right. If anyone knows the thread Iím talking about a link would be greatly appreciated, or any thing else you think might help.
Contact Bob on RC Crewchief.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

RC Crew Chief Software
EDWARD2003 likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyRigs View Post
I know I’ve seen a post explaining in detail every thing you would need to know about roll center but now I can’t find it. I just changed the body on my slash 2wd I run on asphalt, went from a jconcept 72 Chevy scalpel speed body to a rc8 1/8 buggy body and now it just pushes through corners. I’m thinking with the lower hung, narrower, lighter, and shorter body That I am not getting the roll I was before. I disconnected my sway bar made the tiniest bit of difference. So I was thinking I should probably lower my camber links down a hole on the shock towers and that should help if I’m understanding roll center right. If anyone knows the thread I’m talking about a link would be greatly appreciated, or any thing else you think might help.
Lowering the inner mount should make a small change to roll center. If you can raise the lower arm mount, that would lower the roll center more drastically. This is assuming you have your ride height low enough that the arms angle up from the chassis to the wheel.

Last edited by 0010; 05-30-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Clarifying
Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's probably aero effect - you went from a full fendered truck body to an open wheel buggy body and lost significant down force on the nose of the car. Try a front wing or softer front springs.
1spunspur likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

If you want to lower the roll centre (which may help) you need to raise the inner camber link point (small change) or lower the inner wishbone pivot (big change). Also you can lower the outer camber link (small change) and on some cars raise the outer wishbone pivot (big change)
0010 likes this.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LzREngineering View Post
If you want to lower the roll centre (which may help) you need to raise the inner camber link point (small change) or lower the inner wishbone pivot (big change). Also you can lower the outer camber link (small change) and on some cars raise the outer wishbone pivot (big change)
Listen to LzR, I was backwards when I posted. He is correct!