Like Tree3Likes

Mini Z question

Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 10:59 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Shnoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mini Z question

Hey!

Ive seen mini z cars for sale for $50 made by kyosho.

Ive seen mini z cars for sale for $175 made by kyosho.

Im so lost, they look very similar in body, size, and chassis. Controllers are different though. Is there really a quality difference? Theyíre both made by kyosho...

(Would post links but the stupid gay mods would take it down, no offense mods)

-Shnoo
Shnoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:17 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
JoeyE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Maybe the $50 set is AM and the the $175 set is 2.4. Either way they are both made in China for Kyosho. Other than that I do not know. Maybe a tax hike for the $175 set? Who knows. I would email the seller.
JoeyE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 AM
  #3  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 9,221
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Don’t buy the cheap MiniZ. Nobody really sure, other then money, why Kyosho has it.

I use a RTR for my MiniZ racing. It was basically box stock till about 2 months ago. Only couple minor upgrades.

Might be hard to see which car. Mines the white Porsche. It’s a MR03 rear motor

Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:40 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Shnoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hmm ok. and are there any mini z tracks in Washington state? Looks really fun, but wanna make sure thereíll actually be somewhere to use it...
Shnoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:13 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,255
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shnoo View Post
Hey!

Ive seen mini z cars for sale for $50 made by kyosho.

Ive seen mini z cars for sale for $175 made by kyosho.

Im so lost, they look very similar in body, size, and chassis. Controllers are different though. Is there really a quality difference? Theyíre both made by kyosho...

(Would post links but the stupid gay mods would take it down, no offense mods)

-Shnoo
The $50 "cars" are just the bodies, the auto-scale collection. They do not come with a radio or electronics or even a usable chassis.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:14 AM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 9,221
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shnoo View Post
Hmm ok. and are there any mini z tracks in Washington state? Looks really fun, but wanna make sure thereíll actually be somewhere to use it...
Canít help with racing in that state. Probably need to do some Facebook searching. Many of us have small, home tracks. Mine is 12x8. But do plan to get bigger


Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:29 AM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Shnoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
The $50 "cars" are just the bodies, the auto-scale collection. They do not come with a radio or electronics or even a usable chassis.
Sorry Iíll disagree because the ads all show and list the chassis, motor, radio, and accessories and say rtr in the description.
Shnoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:31 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,255
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shnoo View Post


Sorry Iíll disagree because the ads all show and list the chassis, motor, radio, and accessories and say rtr in the description.
I was looking at Kyosho america, are the ads from a 3rd party or Kyosho direct?
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:45 AM
  #9  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 9,221
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I was looking at Kyosho america, are the ads from a 3rd party or Kyosho direct?
If I can find it. Iíll link to it. Itís a MiniZ without any options. Been a number on couple Facebook groups that have had nothing but problems. Itís basically a disposable MiniZ.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:49 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 9,221
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default


Here you go Ebbtide

EbbTide likes this.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:53 AM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,255
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

If I can find it. Iíll link to it. Itís a MiniZ without any options. Been a number on couple Facebook groups that have had nothing but problems. Itís basically a disposable MiniZ.
That's strange, I know the bodies for those are good for any mini z but everything else I'd be skeptical about.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:03 PM
  #12  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 9,221
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
That's strange, I know the bodies for those are good for any mini z but everything else I'd be skeptical about.
I wasnít even sure the bodies would work on a standard mr03. These came out sometime last year I think. Actually think it was right after the new ownership group took over.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:05 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,255
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I wasnít even sure the bodies would work on a standard mr03. These came out sometime last year I think. Actually think it was right after the new ownership group took over.
The bodies will fit any RM mr03 which is nice because those bodies are a little cheaper than a regular ASC model. I use the Toyota 86 version on my RM mr03. Downside is the body styles dont do a whole lot for handling lol
Billy Kelly likes this.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:34 PM
  #14  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Shnoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yeah thatís exactly the one I was looking at... so itís just a trash version that came out when new management came in? I guess that makes sense.
Shnoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:37 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,255
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shnoo View Post
Yeah thatís exactly the one I was looking at... so itís just a trash version that came out when new management came in? I guess that makes sense.
Yeah even the chassis inside is basically a toy grade version of a mini z. It doesn't look like much can be done to it other than drive it.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service