Search
Like Tree3Likes

Silver Can Motor Tips/Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 540sealed can motors

what does this mean in a previous post

Then to get the extra 1,500 -3,000 RPM I d g dl de 3 [ e 230-es s 3pkr e- s 45 45=- x / n 29 56 0 t v h j= jn y-5 5- h.

is this a code....... and do you put brasso on the bushes or comm???

where can you get a comm cleaning stick to fit through the slot in a 540 selaed can ???
Old 12-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by top-timm
what does this mean in a previous post
"Then to get the extra 1,500 -3,000 RPM I d g dl de 3 [ e 230-es s 3pkr e- s 45 45=- x / n 29 56 0 t v h j= jn y-5 5- h."
is this a code.......
Ya gotta know Brandon!
Sometimes his keyboard has keys that don't work, it means "I ank th om a ew egre s to o re lly fa t.
Nut's now my keyboard is acting up too!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

I work on pc's, try cleaning the keyboard; use a fine brush to sweep between the numbers,keys. Maybe there is some kind of crap inside
Old 12-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Some of the tips on the post here can work well,but rember that sometimes it is the motor too.I was playing around with 4 motors,all silver end bells,and one of them had more speed and ''better all round performace'' than the other 3.So it can be the luck of the draw,the other motors I don't even bother using as they don't have the leggs down the straight.
Any way...saying all of this the best performace I find is.......going down to the track and practice !!!!
See ya timmey
Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bowl806
I work on pc's, try cleaning the keyboard; use a fine brush to sweep between the numbers,keys. Maybe there is some kind of crap inside
Don't pay any attention to those two nuts. I used to race with them almost every week and can attest to the fact fact they are both crazy. Lots of fun to be around and to race with, but nuts. SirSwift alot, aka Brandon or more popularly called "Mouth", is a good motor man so will tell you there's good info in his post. You just have to sort it out. Knows how to cheat, but doesn't.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Best way to ruin a motor is to water dip at a higher voltage.
It depends on how you dip it. I tend to go the quick route and water dip with 2 - 6 cell packs in series and I am done after 30 sec. I don't run it underwater the full 30 usually it is usually a quick dunk at a time with a check. I have done this with silver can and black can motors. Just don't get too greedy about it, the point is breaking in the brushes.

I used to go through a 5 hour session that included a water dip at the end at a lower voltage. The quick vs the long way seemed to not really change anything. IMO I think the long way tends to burn up the com more. With these motors, it really does not matter. I just don't like lengthy time requirements and choose short-cuts when needed, like with motor break-ins.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806
Old 01-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

FIRST Grandpas right I am CRAZY, I don't cheat, My motors are pretty fast but as you see in my post on this page that is what I have found to be successful for me. I only apply brasso to the comm after my motor break in is complete its just to clean between runs I also find that running the motor as slow as you can get it to run on a dyno or charger and then apply the brasso and keep it wet with brasso for 1 minute will make that puppy shine. Then rinse it out with water really good hit it with a compressor if you have it then some motor spray apply some tribo to the bushings and comm I then put my Much More motor cooler on the motor and let that baby freeze for 30 minutes then right before my race i put it in my mini cooper and then I go whuppin some ass. Most of my motors range from 19,000-22,800 All you have to do is find out those extra little secrets.

SECONDLY Now lets address this weight issue with epoxy and inside the motor. My opinion is that it is legal because you are not opening the can your not cranking the comm your are simply adding weight to try and balance the comm. But if it states that it is not legal then I wouldn't do it. Here is another way to look at it If I have a way to advance the timing of the motor with out opening the can, without cranking the comm is that legal for me to do it?

Thirdly for some reason when I try and post my most valuable secrets about these damn motors my computer automatically scrambles the words as part of an anti motor secret program that is in my computer sorry.

FOURTHLY Remember what kind of track you are racing on if its a big track then yes you want a crap load of rpm but if its small stick with a motor that has around 19 - 20,000 rpm because you will have more torque with a motor that has less rpm

FITHLY Grandpa didn't just race with us on a few occasions he handed our asses to ourselves. RaceBucks is just about nicest damn man I have ever met and he is pretty smart when it comes to gearing a sedan.

Lastly no matter what you do to these motors it all hinges on what kind of motor you started with its kinda like the lotto.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh yeah your answer to a comm cleaning tool here is what I have done.
Go down and buy your self one of those green comm sticks that were made along time ago and cut off a small piece at the end about 1/4 inch long then i got a dental cleaning pick and stuck it to the end of the tool and ran the motor with a slave motor backwards and it cleans the comm pretty damn good just be carefull that the tool dosen't go all the way through becuase you will sratch the comm. I do a good cleaning like that about every 5 runs and brasso after every run. If you can't find a comm stick use an eraser it works just as good.

Balls

I just felt like yelling balls so I did
Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Well put Brandon....
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Adding a fan or heat sink on the endbell will redure the temp of the motor.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

'Scuse me, did I hear a call for someone with a big pair of ba......oh wait, my bad. Just Brandon hollering again.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
'Scuse me, did I hear a call for someone with a big pair of ba......oh wait, my bad. Just Brandon hollering again.
What do you mean again??? He's always hollering. Why do you think I've got this persistent ringing in my ears???
Just kidding as he's one of my favorites to race with. That is after he learned some good manners
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Manners what in the hell are those is it some new tool for setting up your mini cooper, were do I get one of them. By the way I did the math and if you combine Grandpas and Doc's ages together its more than a fith grader can count to. More than my age multiplyed six times and I am only 31.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

You win.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.