R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #1576
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr RCTech View Post
Next, use a fiber glass comm stick to polish commutator like new.
You can use a comm stick from Niftech or HPI.

Can't find anyone selling the fiberglass comm sticks anymore.
I'll keep looking and will post when I find them.
Actually have found them either at Walmart or AutoZone type store. Usually in either paint or automotive tools. They come in a black "sharpie" size container with a screw on top. You take them apart and they are the same as the hobbyones. Just put some shrink tubing around the fibers to keep them from splintering. Were in the $4 to $5 range.
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #1577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Isn't it great that after all these years, and even with the proliferation of brushless systems, that people are still fascinated by these sealed endbell silver can motors?

Makes a boy smile!

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #1578
Tech Master

http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US...rs_540rhsh.pdf .so according to this ...not all 540's are created equal??..........Are all Mabuchi 540 versions legal?......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #1579
Tech Rookie

del
Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #1580
Tech Elite

Heard thru the grapevine today that Tamiya may be bringing in a 25 turn motor. Have no idea how true this is. Was wondering if anyone out there has heard anything to confirm or deny this.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #1581
Tech Initiate

Hey Granpa. is this the motor you heard about? http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53779
davenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #1582
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenz View Post
Hey Granpa. is this the motor you heard about? http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53779
No. My understanding is that it was a motor like the present Johnson 540.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #1583
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Tekin Dyno 900

I know this isn't the for sale/trade forum but would just like to add that if anyone needs a good dyno just let me know, I have a few Tekin Dyno 900 for sale. I don't know why they call it a "slave" motor but yeah, it has a load motor to determine rpm etc for a more discrete evaluation. I thought the best dyno was the Robitronic unit, then the Competition Electronics Dyno and then everything came after that. The Tekin unit works fine and in good cosmetic trim for its age. Pictures to be loaded upon request and asking $150 shipped. I figure only the discerning silver canners would want this because it can provide in depth knowledge of motor performance based on amp draw, voltage, rpm etc. When I was a kid at the dirt oval track and saw people have this, it was like they were the fast people there. Now you can be one two...
N2Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #1584
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tekin dynos are terrible........and your asking price is nuts. You can buy a Robi or Fantom for that, both are far better units. A Turbodyno is the best unit, but the Fantom is the norm for checking Silvercans.

A tekin dyno, if you are LUCKY will get you $20.......they are pretty much worthless. I had someone GIVE me one in the box with everything, thing was mint. I gave it to a friend who sold his long ago.....

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #1585
Tech Regular

Not true. If you can get one for $20 in a nice condition one...I'd be interested in buying it from you. Otherwise don't come in here and put my price down, where's your manner young guy. I have all the major different dynos and accelerometer and when Tekin first came out with them, I'm willing to bet that was before your time. If you can't afford my price, you can try lowballing me for it, but don't shoot me down just because you can't afford it. I'm moving on.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1586
Tech Elite

young guy? before my time? You think I want your dyno? Where do you get this crap...

First, I have one of every dyno ever made, except a max mod. Lavco(Both versions), Quillen, Turbodyno (I still have 5), Fantom (2), CS (2), Robitronic (5, I used to be the importer of them), Tekin (I got two of the pieces of crap some where)....among many other worthless ones in my garage.....

Do a SEARCH on here, you will see that the Tekins don't sell for much...

Here is one on fleabay, sold for

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-C-TEKIN-90...item2a175c7845

Another some sucker bought for $75....HALF your price...box and everything...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKIN-DIGITA...item256beb318a

On here, 2008 $35...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...batteries.html

here is a funny one.....even when these were still used, he could not give it away....so he THREW it away!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ekin-dyno.html

$40 in 2010....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...oset-sell.html

Go over to Hobbytalk......they show up there ALL the time too. Ebay, all the damn time.

The things are JUNK. I would not buy it from you for $20 if you offered it to me, not to mention you are SELLING stuff in the tech forums, which is 100% against the rules.

Now, if you want to argue who has better motor equipment, lets do it........wanna bet I win?

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #1587
Tech Regular

EddieO, I will let the people who come into this thread think about what you and I have said and let them be the judge of it. I am merely suggesting that if anyone who races with the silver can can get a Tekin Dyno from me; for what I am asking or they can counter offer. At least they have something to analyze their silver cans with. If you are policing prices and who's got the right to sell then let's get a moderator involve. I know people sell outside of the buy/sell/trade forum all the time, so it's time for you to go deal with people like that also. I'm sure they won't be as nice to you as I have. As far as equipment goes, I never said I have the best equipment. I do have the ones that I mention...so what is your point? Please don't start picking a fight...if you want something from me just ask.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #1588
Tech Regular

Oh and one more thing. I see that you have been in RCTech.net for a long while and that you are also an Alpha Elite. What does that mean to me...yes, absolutely nothing. Nada thing. With your rudeness and your unprofessional attitude, no wander why people stir clear of YOU. And yes, don't start cussing and bad mouthing in here. Didn't your parents teach you any manners. One very last note, when Tekin came out with the Dyno 900 it was selling around the $200-$250 dollar range. Things get old and used, just like everything in this hobby. A $500 dollar car today will be just a few dollars tomorrow. So don't throw low prices at me, I could care less what you are trying to show. Now before you make a fool out of yourself, I suggest you PM me if you want to take this outside. I wouldn't want people to see your true colors.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #1589
Tech Elite

Now this is just getting laughable. You gotta post twice just to hear yourself talk.

I wasn't policing anything, I saw a post for a piece of crap dyno get made with a crazy price, so I commented.

You then went into this tirade about my age, how you own all these dynos, so I should bow down to your knowledge, along with implying I was trying to lowball you on something I supposedly can't afford.

I simply responded to your comments.....you of course, then tried to play it off like I was the one that brought up what I own, my age, experience, etc......sorry, that was you bud.

To further, I posted multiple FACTS about how much these are worth. There has been one for sale in the ads for like a week now....I bet he would take $150 for the lot of stuff.........still unsold.

So now, you seem intimidated about my tenure on here.......my post count, or the fact I am alpha elite....none of which I brought up, but you did, strange.

And yes, my parents taught me manners.........they, also taught me how to call out someone trying to sell a piece of junk for way more than its worth.

And yes, the Tekin dynos sold for $250 or so......A robi sold for $900......lucky if you can get $150 for them, and they can actually be used with brushless.......Turbodyno, $1000 is what they sold the last batch of them for in 2005....lucky if you get $300 for one, which again can still be used with brushless. Fantom, $500+......lucky if you get $100...and still brushless compatible. All better dynos, two of which could easily be had at your asking price for an inferior unit.

Many of the motor checkers can do what mostly what your tekin does, such as the Much More, Orion, APS, Trinity, etc.........all can be found for $25-$75 pretty easy.

A funny note.....when Tekin was bought by Jim Campbell, they could of released the dyno again......they never did. They were asked, and the response was, it's Junk.

Google what Big Jim Greenemeyer. thought of the unit.

No need for PM....all anyone is seeing is a guy named after a 1 hit wonder 90s hip-hop band trying to sell outdated equipment for way above what its worth, and me calling him out on it.

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1590
Tech Regular

Default EddieO is low on cash, rather trade.

Man, I hate to do this but you posted another thread stating that you were low on cash and that you would rather trade things for new graphics. Man, get a life...here is the link.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...-graphics.html