R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/18th Touring Nationals, any interest?

Okay, There's a 1/18th truck Nationals already, but there's no major event for 1/18th on-roaders. How many of you have 'em, and would you be interested in having a National Championship style race? I know there's no real sanctioning body for these things, so a set of rules would have to be formulated, but I don't think that's too big a deal.

Why should the dirt guys have all the fun?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Okay, There's a 1/18th truck Nationals already, but there's no major event for 1/18th on-roaders. How many of you have 'em, and would you be interested in having a National Championship style race? I know there's no real sanctioning body for these things, so a set of rules would have to be formulated, but I don't think that's too big a deal.

Why should the dirt guys have all the fun?
Absolutely, there's a solid bunch of us in my area that race our M18's religiously(& with GREAT intensity, ), & I think most of us would love to have a big event for us to go to......

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe

Not true..the East Coast 1/18th Scale Championships ended up being mostly a 1/18th scale onroad event.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We are actually in the planning stages for a mini scale national event. It would include 1/28-1/24th scale (mini z's) stock and modified and 1/18th scale stock and modified on an RCP surface about 40x25 ft track ( over 10 sets of RCP tracK). The cars hook up real well, it is a mix of traction somewehre in between asphalt and carpet (a foam mat surface). We already have XRAY on board and are working on securing more sponsors. The tempatative date would be sometime during the summer in Houston, Tx. (INDOORS and A/C'd of course)
Old 03-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Definitely! I'd like to see some more big races for the 18th scale onroad guys. I missed the east coast championships this time, but I won't be making that mistake twice. Keep us posted.

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Sabastian

There is a big crowd in Indy that would be interested in something like this... Keep up posted.
Sabastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We are actually in the planning stages for a mini scale national event. It would include 1/28-1/24th scale (mini z's) stock and modified and 1/18th scale stock and modified on an RCP surface about 40x25 ft track ( over 10 sets of RCP tracK). The cars hook up real well, it is a mix of traction somewehre in between asphalt and carpet (a foam mat surface). We already have XRAY on board and are working on securing more sponsors. The tempatative date would be sometime during the summer in Houston, Tx. (INDOORS and A/C'd of course)
Definitely keep us posted. If no one else was going to do it, I had thought about trying to organize one myself, but I'd much rather attend than officiate.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
Tech Elite

No problem, I will probably get together with our club owner sometime this week to discuss some more details.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
Tech Elite

http://p206.ezboard.com/fteamhouston...picID=31.topic

This is a link to our club, we have the capabilities of filling up that room completely (enough track to do so), Total dimensions of 60x30, with pit space in the back (about 80x40 warehouse). Or setting up the track in the back with pit setup in the A/C (the better option). We are getting together this friday to set the major guidelines of the race (dates, classes, etc).

So far the Initial brainstorm is:

1/24th scale stock- any fet mods, handout motor
-any chassis or brand.
-rubber tires only
-max of 4- 1.2v nimh/nicad batteries
-more specs coming soon... Based primarily on PN world Cup rules, except open chassis, body and fets

1/24th modified- Same as above, with the exception of an open mod motor- run as fast as you can handle it

1/18th Stock 5cell nimh/nicd 1.2 v batteries
min wheelbase 140 mm
max wheelbase 150 mm
foam tires
any chassis mod/ brand
Orion core stock/Xray stock 180 motor
Any non-gtp style body

1/18th Modified - same as stock, but open motor and body

Possible classes:
1/18th brushless
1/18th truck

These classes will be run depending on demand...

We are definetely open for suggestions- we want to make an event that makes YOU the rctecher/ minizracer/ one18ther and all others come out...
Old 03-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

at our local track, we also do 1/18th 6 cell stock, and if mod is open, wouldnt that include brushless?

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Brushless can be definetely thrown into mod, as long as no li-po batts... In the case that people want to run li-pos, that would be that alternate brushless class. As far as cells, we'd like to do 5 cells only. Limiting the voltage makes the cars a bit easier to drive for the beginers and makes it a true "stock" class. As far as modified, a 14 turn is pretty killer on RCP with 5 cells. I run modified touring 10th scale as my primary class and a 14 is comparable to running a 10 turn (due to the size of the lanes and track).
Old 03-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Ok this could be fun! As Cristian said we have been talking about for awhile. Allready have a major sponsorship and working on more.We,re thinking early summer time frame. Spread the word and lets see how this develops. As far as our track and timing systems and indoor place to race thats all covered.Ck our new but under construction web site.Not much on it yet but there is a pic of the place we run at. I,ll be working on it hopefully soon
http://www.mobilityplustx.com/rcracing.htm
Rebal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Check out the International Mini Scale Championships thread... Things are rolling...
Old 08-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

what about 1/18th scale nitro?
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #15
Tech Adept

We are an indoor club so nitro would not be a good idea. You,ll see what I mean at www.hircr.com
Rebal is offline   Reply With Quote