Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car >

Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car

Like Tree232Likes

Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-16-2019, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hanulec
placeholder

Print Wikipost

Old 06-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

I'm just glad to see the motor wiring issue resolved. Std FWD designs have a ridiculous amount of wire very high up on the chassis. The AMX design is much cleaner and much lower CG.
Oleg Babich and Bgilli26 like this.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Not a skeptic. I like it. FWD is "easy" to drive because they pull themselves forward and use all the front grip for that or braking giving them often understeer characteristics or feel. Add a bit of wing and they become super predictable.

Personally i like RWD. it is fun and challenging and you have to be super smooth. Never tried a FWD tho. So no comment on that.

The more power you get the more weight or load you want over the driving wheels. Reduce the power and you might find a desire for more rearward bias as you can only get more speed by tuning for mid corner.

Last edited by MatsNorway; 06-22-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:39 AM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quinny45 View Post
I am not 100% agree with you... yes Awesomatix fwd can have the same '' caracteristics '' but if you dont have the motor in front of the axle and you dont have 70/30 or 65/35 in weight distribution you have a major advantage in corner speed like you see in the video ! for me when you have a fwd rc car and you dont have the motor at the front you have a cheater car because of the corner speed advantage ! the awesomatix prototype dominate the german FWD league in europe and alot of people don't like that.. if awesomatix want build a FF FWD chassi they just to do the job correctly and do like each other do before and see if they will be the fastest again !!
Hello just let you know
Awesomatix isn't the first Front wheel drive with the motor behind the front axle.. there was a car front wheel TC came out with the motor behind the front axle and later they redesign the car with the motor in the front of the front axle ..
I think is was the 3Racing or Sakura..... I am front wheel fan
hanulec likes this.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

My points why there have to be some rules put in place for this class and why the motor position should be locked in front of the front axle.

1. Realism.Full scale TCR should be the "role model" for FWD with realistic bodies for a very welcome change in RC racing.
2. By allowing this AWE chassie layout it is possible to make extreme bodies with low front hood like the latest extremely ugly 4WD TC bodies.
3. All full scale TCR cars have the motor front of the driving wheels. 1/10 FWD chassis should look and be something different than 4wd TC. So far this has been the case. This AWE layout is not at all a nice looking chassis in my opinion. It looks too much like a 4WD TC and we are bored with those 4wd layouts by now.
4. We already have the 4WD TC mod/prostock with not many limitations for those who want to build extreme chassies and bodies. FWD should be something different.
5. Now we have many FWD cars available on the market with motor in the front. If there are no limiting rules for a FWD racing class a development war will start. AWE layout is just the beginning. It is possible to make quite complicated layouts/transmissions. The motor position should be locked for example minimum xx mm in front of diff center/ wheel axle. It is the customers that will pay for this development war if free layouts.
6. A FWD motor in the front will make the cars easier to drive, more realistic handling, drive over curbs better. The main point these FWD cars are so much nicer handling compared to 4WD is the front wheel drive but still this point is relevant when talking about handling on the track. Of course skilled drivers will always want more steering more aggressive corner entry and corner speed but in this class the priority should be that as many as possible with average skill can drive well thanks to the car rules.
7 There should not be a big amount of ballast then the weight limit should be lowered.
mjordan44847 likes this.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:29 PM
OVA
Tech Champion

Here ya go
Sorry not the Sakura or 3Racing
The first generation TOP Racing Sebre FD is the bottom pic and the top pic FD2 later..
wtcc likes this.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Looks good
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

agreed basically do a mid motor car no rear belt but move the motor mount a little more forward and a shorty pack on the right
Nicadrauspro4 and yxiaocheng like this.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

https://www.t2shop.de/epages/61746328.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61746328/Products/40-A800FX-C

There you have it! Available at the beginning of June....
Old 06-27-2019, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

More pictures, manual, editable setup sheet:
Awesomatix A800FX Setup Sheets
Old 06-27-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my .2 cents, for those bashing the new A800FX, before you make conclusions about how the car “ will not be easier to drive, drive over curbs better, and be nicer to drive” I suggest waiting and watching how not only the “skilled” drivers do, but also those with “average” skill perform with this new chassis. As previously stated the weight balance will be the same, Scotty Ernst said there will be a fwd body standard that will be enforced so the “realistic fwd bodies” will not change, and from a mechanical standpoint, with the same weight distribution just lower to the COG the car will perform much better than the previous fwd cars. I do not know Mr Babich personally, but when the A700 came out everyone bashed it and doubted it just like this, but seeing the innovation, and meticulous design he has put into everything since the A700 came out, then the A800, and now everyone is copying their design and mid motor platform. The rc hobby/sport would have died off long ago without innovation, my only suggestion is before you start doubting this chassis, wait and watch how much faster the “average” racers at you’re track get with the new car.
dtr and yxiaocheng like this.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

So many problems solved with this design. No more front bumper/body fitment issues, no more tall floppy rear body posts, no more wiring issues, no more crash damage to motors and drivetrain etc.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Better for all racers!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Interesting take on the steering rack design.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:47 AM
OVA
Tech Champion

Can’t wait
Old 06-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If only Gil Losi Jr had just ditched that rear belt....

Old 06-29-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Aluminum or Carbon

Not sure what I should get ? I'll most likely use it on carpet most of the time , any thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service