Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car >

Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car

Like Tree318Likes

Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-16-2019, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Awesomatix A800FX Front Wheel Drive Touring Car
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hanulec
placeholder

Print Wikipost

Old 09-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hanulec
A800FX 1-2-3 here at Apex RC after 3 rounds of qualifying

Round 1 - Brent Klingforth sets tq
Round 2 - Mike Hanulec resets tq
Round 3- Justin Lyons resets tq
Nice - how about posting the set-ups
Old 09-22-2019, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
I want to hear more about that car.... And the story you're referencing.
i think what rob was getting at, is that before the A800FX there was the JRXS, which predates it in layout, and might be good alternative for conversion to FWD...
Old 09-22-2019, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro_Racer
They will come.. and we have some up already. Speed secrets from my first fwd race on black carpet-

1. Glue your front tires to the flat edge (no, your current non glue setup sucks, stop trying to fool yourself)
2. +6 rear wheelbase is a key stability enabler
3. Reglue your front tires every 2-3 runs (don't be lazy)

Other than that, I tried different stuff in my diff and raising / lowering the diff. Oh, and throwing massive pinion gears at the car (88/50+)
Old 09-23-2019, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

How is the left/right weight balance in the car?
Just wondering as it doesn't seem to add up (balanced )

R = Shorty approx. 200-215gr
L = all electronics should add up to quite a bit more.

Thanks,
Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
How is the left/right weight balance in the car?
Just wondering as it doesn't seem to add up (balanced )

R = Shorty approx. 200-215gr
L = all electronics should add up to quite a bit more.

Thanks,
I mounted my esc under the top deck up against the battery with a 195g 4600 pack and it was perfect .
Old 09-23-2019, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Micro_Racer
all 3 of your setups were way different . All the cars run similar lap times and at the end of the day the easier to drive setup (mine ) prevailed . Compared to theirs (mike & Brent ) mine don’t turn 1/2 as much so I feel my setup was great for a flowing track with sweeping turns like we do here at apex .... our next real race is at the gate in October ... and I’ll have to do some things to make my car turn a tighter radius .
Biggest things I’ve found with this car is heavy is better .
I tried 1215g and I tried 1280g and the car was just as fast with 1280g but easier to drive hard (more forgiving ) .
Mall of us were .2-.3 tenths faster than vta (at the top level of competition) but we were geared about 5teeth higher
robk likes this.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default ETS decision

Is it just me who is confused about the reasons ETS gives for now allowing the A800FX to their races? Didn't they say that the AMX-layout was against the spirit of FWD? Now they allow the A800FX to take part because according to their tests it is not faster than all the others. So spirit doesn't matter any more - it's now about having a "level field". Sounds to me as if they were afraid of a superior A800FX in the first place.

Andy
Old 09-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

There can be many speculations about this, and the only who can answer this would be the ETS-Organisation by themself.
I appreciate they reconsidered the past decision more clearly, and made a new decision about the rules for the FWD class.
OVA and oldrcr like this.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:24 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndreasHerold
Is it just me who is confused about the reasons ETS gives for now allowing the A800FX to their races? Didn't they say that the AMX-layout was against the spirit of FWD? Now they allow the A800FX to take part because according to their tests it is not faster than all the others. So spirit doesn't matter any more - it's now about having a "level field". Sounds to me as if they were afraid of a superior A800FX in the first place.

Andy
Old 09-24-2019, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Andy
I was thinking that talking about "spirit of the class" was B** from the start. All arguments I saw against A800FX were based on something like "why'd they do that, if it isn't advantage?". Maybe they just thought that Awesomatix will be automatically superior just because of different layout, affraid that it would push other manufacturers out of class... Now they themselves found that layout doesn't matter that much.

What I don't understand is, why they forbid DIY cars. Especially when they were talking about "fun and affordable class" - what's more affordable than throwing away belt from existing 4wd and run class just for fun? Fwd is only onroad class with space for customised chassis, which makes it appealing for some people.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Andy
no you are not. Mid motor FWD was first disallowed the ETS folded and gave in... while outlawing homemade chassis ...no thanks.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
They will come.. and we have some up already. Speed secrets from my first fwd race on black carpet-

1. Glue your front tires to the flat edge (no, your current non glue setup sucks, stop trying to fool yourself)
2. +6 rear wheelbase is a key stability enabler
3. Reglue your front tires every 2-3 runs (don't be lazy)

Other than that, I tried different stuff in my diff and raising / lowering the diff. Oh, and throwing massive pinion gears at the car (88/50+)
Where are these said setups at? I looked at PetitRC and nothing. And when you say +6 rear wheelbase are you stating +6 degree caster? Im new to awesomeatix.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Red5Ltr
Where are these said setups at? I looked at PetitRC and nothing. And when you say +6 rear wheelbase are you stating +6 degree caster? Im new to awesomeatix.
I need to make one , just haven’t been near my car since the race but yes 6* caster (long )
Old 09-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio

I need to make one , just haven’t been near my car since the race but yes 6* caster (long )
Ill keep an eye oitnfor it. I guess Ill glue the fronts too. I race at the Gate and I have had zero traction roll.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Red5Ltr
Ill keep an eye oitnfor it. I guess Ill glue the fronts too. I race at the Gate and I have had zero traction roll.
o wow grip must be totally different there .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.