Like Tree272Likes

Tamiya M-08

Old 04-18-2022, 01:28 AM
  #601  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: London
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by StockRc View Post
Curious on others thoughts for the 08 vs the 07. I think I like the 07 better but might not have the 08 dialed. And what tires are you running. Thanks
I think they both have their place. I would choose the 07 on a tight twisty track, and the 08 on a wider/faster more flowing track.
BuggyFan21 is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 01:18 PM
  #602  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (83)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,836
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

M08 drives like a real car. M07 drives like a car in a video game.

On carpet theyíre pretty equal. The winner is determined by the driver. On Asphalt the M07 has an edge for drivability.. yet again a few on this thread have won with the M08.

I raced mine over the weekend at TCS. There was only 4 of us. Top 2 where my good friend M07 and I M08. Bottom 2 weíre 2 older gents M07

My friend has won TCS many times, so he is a force to be reckoned with. We had a good race but he came out on top.

Speed wise:
1. Back straight we were on par
2. Corner speed from back straight into horse shoe, M08
3. Speed into corners M07
4. Speed mid corners M07
5. Speed out of corners M08

My weakness as a driver is my trigger finger.. It
needs higher resolution.. I continue to work on squeezing the throttle more gently, to keep car on tighter line. Iíve improved a lot but need more wheel time still.
bd007 likes this.

Last edited by Raman; 04-18-2022 at 04:24 PM.
Raman is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 05:30 PM
  #603  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,289
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post

Speed wise:
1. Back straight we were on par
2. Corner speed from back straight into horse shoe, M08
3. Speed into corners M07
4. Speed mid corners M07
5. Speed out of corners M08
Describe the difference between FWD and RWD cars in five sentances.
Nerobro is offline  
Old 05-05-2022, 06:29 PM
  #604  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 3
Default Just Received My M-08R Today. First M chassis. Electrics set up recommendations?

My local track doesnít have a class for these; So, I can mostly set it up however I want and just run it during practice sessions. Interested in what electrics people are putting in M-chassis.
elpaco313 is offline  
Old 05-06-2022, 03:39 AM
  #605  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 1,035
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Savox 1251 (have to run low profile servo), hobbywing XR10 pro stock, reedy ASC297 21.5 motor so I'm set up for TCS. I mounted the receiver and speed control on their sides with shoe goo because space is a bit limited.
anthonyscardina is offline  
Old 05-06-2022, 06:59 AM
  #606  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
Savox 1251 (have to run low profile servo), hobbywing XR10 pro stock, reedy ASC297 21.5 motor so I'm set up for TCS. I mounted the receiver and speed control on their sides with shoe goo because space is a bit limited.
Thanks for this. My immediate impulse was to go 17.5 motor, but realistically I should learn how to drive it first.
elpaco313 is offline  
Old 05-06-2022, 09:14 AM
  #607  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 1,035
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elpaco313 View Post
Thanks for this. My immediate impulse was to go 17.5 motor, but realistically I should learn how to drive it first.
How large is your local track? Asphalt or carpet? I just ran mine on a 44x100 carpet track and they're a touch slow down the straightaway but reasonably fun elsewhere. Anything below 80ft a 21.5 is probably more than fine. I can't see being able to lay down 17.5 power on asphalt, at least not unless traction is really good, mine was a handful on a prepped parking lot with the 21.5
anthonyscardina is offline  
Old 05-09-2022, 07:21 AM
  #608  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 3
Default

Carpet. I think it is closer to 80'. So 21.5 should be good.
elpaco313 is offline  
Old 05-09-2022, 08:08 AM
  #609  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (74)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,052
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Don't forget the 24T pinion too.
Dan is offline  
Old 05-12-2022, 06:29 PM
  #610  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 206
Default

Is there any benefit with using the aluminium front and rear suspension mounts? Besides adjustability. Seems like they would get heavily scuffed for asphalt racing.

Also I don't see droop on the setup sheets, do people just use max droop on these?
herrokero is offline  
Old 05-13-2022, 05:07 PM
  #611  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (83)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,836
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by herrokero View Post
Is there any benefit with using the aluminium front and rear suspension mounts? Besides adjustability. Seems like they would get heavily scuffed for asphalt racing.

Also I don't see droop on the setup sheets, do people just use max droop on these?
No real benefit, just blue bling. I use them for carpet but for asphalt,Iíd hate to see them get scuffed.

Droop is very important. Front I have around 1 mm over ride height. Rear is around 2 mm. For asphalt you may want even more droop on rear
herrokero likes this.
Raman is offline  
Old 05-17-2022, 08:11 AM
  #612  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3
Default

Need your advice guys - I got the new M08R chassis with stock setup and the car is spinning out under braking. Any idea of how this can be resolved please?
No such issues when running my TA-08 Pro with similar tyres.
Snoozeym is offline  
Old 05-17-2022, 12:32 PM
  #613  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (83)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,836
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Snoozeym View Post
Need your advice guys - I got the new M08R chassis with stock setup and the car is spinning out under braking. Any idea of how this can be resolved please?
No such issues when running my TA-08 Pro with similar tyres.
It is not recommended that you use brakes on a RWD. No matter what set up, you will swap ends. You can kind of get away with it on high grip carpet but forget it on asphalt.

You can however use drag brakes. That will not make you spin out

To be honest, you donít need brakes. These cars are not that fast, just let off gas and enter turn and get back on gas.
Raman is offline  
Old 05-17-2022, 12:49 PM
  #614  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,429
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You need brakes that are at their lowest settings on the esc, and max negative expo on your transmitter...You will then have super soft brakes for emergency situations only...
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 05-17-2022, 05:24 PM
  #615  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
It is not recommended that you use brakes on a RWD. No matter what set up, you will swap ends. You can kind of get away with it on high grip carpet but forget it on asphalt.

You can however use drag brakes. That will not make you spin out

To be honest, you donít need brakes. These cars are not that fast, just let off gas and enter turn and get back on gas.
Thanks. By drag brakes do you mean the auto brake function on neutral position in some ESCs?
Snoozeym is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.