Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwkride
New tires that are legal for the TCS M-Chassis class

Tamiya 60D Radial Tires (soft) #54995

Tamiya 60D Radial Tires (hard) #54999
Ahhh the mystery updated M chassis radials lol. So how are they different than the previous S grip and H? Hopefully stiffer side walls?
ruebiracer likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwkride
New tires that are legal for the TCS M-Chassis class

Tamiya 60D Radial Tires (soft) #54995

Tamiya 60D Radial Tires (hard) #54999
a little off topic, but i think it's interesting they just photoshopped the sidewall of the top tire in the photo rather than taking photos of the actual SKU for each.
ruebiracer likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
Ahhh the mystery updated M chassis radials lol. So how are they different than the previous S grip and H? Hopefully stiffer side walls?
Interesting, although I cannot believe that these hard radials are better performers than the Rides?
But great race results, keen on the setup details and the tires??
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:06 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I think I posted my setup somewhere on this thread in the past. I didn't deviate a whole lot from it. Honestly didn't have too much testing time but the rear end was a lot more locked in and didn't have the weird "loose halfway into the race" thing that the Ride tires did.

Old 09-17-2021, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dan
I think I posted my setup somewhere on this thread in the past. I didn't deviate a whole lot from it. Honestly didn't have too much testing time but the rear end was a lot more locked in and didn't have the weird "loose halfway into the race" thing that the Ride tires did.
What did you settle on for diff fluid?
ruebiracer likes this.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan
And what tires exactly did you run instead of the RIdes? New rides have also bigger diameter than Tamiya Radials, so can have an disadvantage regarding topspeed in my eyes. But depends on the track layout for sure...
Old 09-18-2021, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
And what tires exactly did you run instead of the RIdes? New rides have also bigger diameter than Tamiya Radials, so can have an disadvantage regarding topspeed in my eyes. But depends on the track layout for sure...
Larger diameter a disadvantage in top speed? Acceleration, yes. Lap time, maybe (depending on the lay out). But top speed should be an advantage with larger tires. Also most Tamiya M-Chassis tires are 60mm - are you sure new Ride tires are larger than that?

ruebiracer likes this.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DirkW
Larger diameter a disadvantage in top speed? Acceleration, yes. Lap time, maybe (depending on the lay out). But top speed should be an advantage with larger tires. Also most Tamiya M-Chassis tires are 60mm - are you sure new Ride tires are larger than that?
Ride are 60D but low profile where is Tamiya are 60D but higher profile side wall. Other M chassis tyres such as sweep were 55D
Old 09-19-2021, 01:11 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Think 10k but honestly forgot, haven't messed with the car much since 2019...

ruebiracer, the tires kwkride posted..
ruebiracer likes this.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

I maybe said it not that clear, I referred to Dan not using the Rides, so guessed he could be a little slower in topspeed compared to the guys using the Rides. Officially, thes are also 60 D but more of a low profile tire. But they are also more of a balloon shape compared to the rather flat Tamiya Radial shapes. So with a set of new Rides, you tend to have a little bigger diameter. They settle in and after some batteries they get flatter, too. So what I wanted to say was, that on a big open track, the Topspeed can be a little higher using a set of new Rides from our experience.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:18 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

The Tamiya tires were about the same diameter as the Rides, maybe a tad taller actually. Diameter was similar.
ruebiracer likes this.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Seems I have to try the new versions now for comparison. I only can speak of the M- and S-Grips up to now...
Old 10-27-2021, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Any advice for stopping an M-08 from spinning out when accelerating?

I’m driving on a surface that might be atypical: very smooth concrete.

I’ve tried:

- hard tire inserts in the back, which helped a lot, but it still isn’t where I want it to be
- much thicker diff oil (12k) than seems to be the typical recommendation which helped a lot less than I thought it would and made the steering a lot worse. I tried this because I don’t have 5k around and 12k worked really well in the front diff of an XV-01 and a TT02 in similar conditions

I have a 2800kv motor in it currently.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

reduce your esc “punch” level to smooth out the power curve.

How’s your tire prep? Are you using a traction additive?

Originally Posted by __ben
Any advice for stopping an M-08 from spinning out when accelerating?

I’m driving on a surface that might be atypical: very smooth concrete.

I’ve tried:

- hard tire inserts in the back, which helped a lot, but it still isn’t where I want it to be
- much thicker diff oil (12k) than seems to be the typical recommendation which helped a lot less than I thought it would and made the steering a lot worse. I tried this because I don’t have 5k around and 12k worked really well in the front diff of an XV-01 and a TT02 in similar conditions

I have a 2800kv motor in it currently.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by duckman996
reduce your esc “punch” level to smooth out the power curve.

How’s your tire prep? Are you using a traction additive?
I’m not using any additives, I haven’t even glued the tires to the wheels yet. I’m not doing serious racing or anything. Are additives a prerequisite to make these cars run smoothly?

I should maybe have asked this first: are m-class cars competitive with 4WD drive RC cars like XV-01, TT-02 or even Ta-02s?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.