Like Tree140Likes

Tamiya M-08

Old 01-30-2020, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Another detail I forgot in the setupsheet: we all used the front holes in the plastic steering bridge.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could you explain in more detail the notes on shock rebound length and the dr notes in parentheses?
Old 02-01-2020, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by last5liter View Post
Could you explain in more detail the notes on shock rebound length and the dr notes in parentheses?
Hi,
I tried to measure the droop roughly after the 3rd A-final, by lifting the chassis until the tires of each axle loose the ground contact, so to say the "negative stroke". In Addition I tried to measure more precisely like on my touring car with removed wheels, with the usual 10mm blocks under the chassis, and the corresponding (Hudy etc.) gauge under the wishbone end directly below the link pin for the f/r knuckle/C-hub. So I think this value is more precise to rebuild my setup. But as we had to run with a quite high ground clearance, these are probably no values where the majority will end up, as they correspond to this ground clearance.

I hope I answered your question precisely enough,
Br,
Matthias
Old 02-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

So (dr) is the bottom of the hinge pin area of the arm to the setup board when sitting on 10mm droop blocks?
and rebound stroke is how many mm's the chassis raised up from ride height to just lift the tires?

Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Hi,
I tried to measure the droop roughly after the 3rd A-final, by lifting the chassis until the tires of each axle loose the ground contact, so to say the "negative stroke". In Addition I tried to measure more precisely like on my touring car with removed wheels, with the usual 10mm blocks under the chassis, and the corresponding (Hudy etc.) gauge under the wishbone end directly below the link pin for the f/r knuckle/C-hub. So I think this value is more precise to rebuild my setup. But as we had to run with a quite high ground clearance, these are probably no values where the majority will end up, as they correspond to this ground clearance.

I hope I answered your question precisely enough,
Br,
Matthias
Old 02-02-2020, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

So (dr) is the bottom of the hinge pin area of the arm to the setup board when sitting on 10mm droop blocks?
and rebound stroke is how many mm's the chassis raised up from ride height to just lift the tires?
With "dr." I marked the droop values of 4,5 and 4.
6,5 and 8 are the values displayed on the gauge.

Br,
Matthias
Old 02-02-2020, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

With "dr." I marked the droop values of 4,5 and 4.
6,5 and 8 are the values displayed on the gauge.

Br,
Matthias
So on 10mm blocs, you read 6.5mm front and 8mm rear from outer hinge pin to setup board?
​​​​​​
Old 02-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

So on 10mm blocs, you read 6.5mm front and 8mm rear from outer hinge pin to setup board?
​​​​​​
Hmm, now you got me. Before I tell something wrong, let me check my gauges. Ive 2 from Hudy, but I never really checked how they refer to the chassis height on the 10mm blocks.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

​​​​​​
Checked: yes, its the distance in mm from the lower side of the wishbone at the hingepin area. Measured on the front end and back end side of the car.(On the back side of the front wishbones the distance is different due to the 5 caster lower mount).

Old 02-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Checked: yes, its the distance in mm from the lower side of the wishbone at the hingepin area. Measured on the front end and back end side of the car.(On the back side of the front wishbones the distance is different due to the 5 caster lower mount).
Thinking about this....does that mean the car is running more droop in the front than the rear?
Or is the 6.5 and 8 the readings on the droop gauge?

​​​​​
Old 02-06-2020, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Any people with setup and or tire prep tips for these new prime spec tires?
Old 02-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thinking about this....does that mean the car is running more droop in the front than the rear?
Or is the 6.5 and 8 the readings on the droop gauge?

​​​​​
Yes, running 4,5mm droop front roughly and 4mm in rear at this day. But after defining some Setup Details now, there can start a loop to refine the droop.
6.5 and 8 were the readings on the droop gauge, too.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

The Karmann Ghia is finally on the M08:

Old 04-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Very cool Erik Jan!
Guess tomorrow my Karmann Shell will arrive, too.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Time to wake up this thread! I am back fresh from TCS with some positive feedback on this little gem of a car. Turn out wasn't that big given the pandemic, 8 entries. 6 M07 and 2 M08. I finished 4th overall behind 3 M08s all driven by individuals with greater driving skills than I. Had one of them driven the car they would have certainly won with it as well.

One thing is for certain, everyone should ditch the M08 C hub and switch over to the M07 4 plate and carbon reinforced C hub. I did not break once, meanwhile my friend in his M08 suffered multiple C hub failures. Here is my set up attached. Forgot to add, rear diff had 30k in it!

Here is my concourse winning body 👍

Old 06-22-2020, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Time to wake up this thread! I am back fresh from TCS with some positive feedback on this little gem of a car. Turn out wasn't that big given the pandemic, 8 entries. 6 M07 and 2 M08. I finished 4th overall behind 3 M08s all driven by individuals with greater driving skills than I. Had one of them driven the car they would have certainly won with it as well.

One thing is for certain, everyone should ditch the M08 C hub and switch over to the M07 4 plate and carbon reinforced C hub. I did not break once, meanwhile my friend in his M08 suffered multiple C hub failures. Here is my set up attached. Forgot to add, rear diff had 30k in it!

Here is my concourse winning body 👍

So is TCS running S grips for qualifiers? I thought they had switched to the Rides.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.