Like Tree416Likes

Tamiya M-08

Old 08-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can shim over the front suspension mount to push the mount lower. You can also shim under the balls on the top links to get the roll center where you'd like.
Raman and Aitutaki like this.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Where’s the next race? (updated with better resolution photos)

rccartips, VVS1, Qatmix and 6 others like this.

Last edited by Raman; 08-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tomorrow, 8am, Franklin park IL. :-)
Old 08-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Raman
Where’s the next race? (updated with better resolution photos)

Nicely done!
eR1c and ruebiracer like this.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Any comparison M08 vs M07, on small carpet track?
Old 08-12-2019, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Eas

Originally Posted by novaris
is it possible to install longer wheel axles on this kit? I don't mean longer swing shafts, just the part with the threaded shaft.

I need to modify a M08's width to fit the porsche 911 gt3 vip cup body. I have some idea on how to extend the wheelbase but i am stuck on the width part.

I know that it is designed for a TC chassis as the XB porsche gt3 comes with a tt01e chassis but I want it to take the body and put it on a MR chassis.
​​​​​
easiest way is to use wr02 cvd drive axles (they are super long) and whatever half shafts fit your conversion (my guess is the usual Tamiya 46mm)
Then use tamiya's 9mm drive hex meant for wr02.

The other option is to use wide hexes available from China, they come in various width all the way to 20mm wide.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Double post pls delete
Old 08-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dummy
Any comparison M08 vs M07, on small carpet track?
​​​​​

ruebiracer likes this.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

In absence of an M class race at track these days.. I invaded the VTA class with my M08. Obviously I’m off their pace by 1.5-2 seconds.. overall in super happy with the car. I ran S grips all around with hard insert and later glued front side walls to avoid traction rolling.. car is consistent and easy to drive. Steering is now straight as a nail.
eR1c and ruebiracer like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
In absence of an M class race at track these days.. I invaded the VTA class with my M08. Obviously I’m off their pace by 1.5-2 seconds.. overall in super happy with the car. I ran S grips all around with hard insert and later glued front side walls to avoid traction rolling.. car is consistent and easy to drive. Steering is now straight as a nail.
First of all, congratulations to your new Alfa M08 Raman, Looks so cool Retro, which is my favorite M-Chassis style. Who needs a housewifes Mazda Demio on an RC track?
Really interrested in your black carpet Setup with S-grips! Did you get the stabis already? And did you change springs/droop for the S-grips?
Have run mine only for Adjustments on the street, and some weeks ago 2 runs in a Final, as my M07 broke down. Quite a hard start, but was impressed, that it worked on an Asphalt outdoor track with Ride Inch ups quite well, although I was off the pace from the race leaders. But I didn´t expect anything without training, setup, correct body Fitting. (M07 beetle Body sat too high because of the wheel arches). But I had a nice fight with a friend´s M07. My feeling is, carpet will be another theme, which really could get an competitive RWD M-Chassis.
I have now finished my new M08 Body, and went for a proper mid wheelbase engine Porsche 914/6 from racers paradise (rebranded Carson shell). It´s not on the Quality Level of Tamiya, but can look quite o.k. when painted nicely. I purchased the stabis already, but have tested only with front one yet. What I did notice on my first run on the street was, that the kit Setup doesn´t work for my brushless setup. With a usual ride height of ca. 5mm, the car leaned (without body) on the battery retainers during cornering, which led to quick spin outs on mid corner, Corner exit when accelerating. In the race i cured that by switching to the black/red springs in rear and a ride height of ca. 6mm. I also noticed, that the engine gets a lot hotter than the same in my M07, so I added a fan for hot days.
Hope to get track testing the beast after my summer vaccation.
Kind regards,
Matthias

eR1c likes this.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redbones
​​​​​​

http://youtu.be/b_GUuqaFtp4
Thanks for posting, really interesting, although I´d like to understand the comments. Seems like a Japan layout for motor and battery, quite slow topspeed to adapt to the smaller tracks there. Surprisingly hard to spot, which is the RWD car. (at least to me) M06 would have been identified easier. So I think the Miata is the M08.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

As a help for us, the blank, editable M08 Setup sheet is already online on PetitRC.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

M08 editable setup sheet

But now, here the direct link....
Old 08-20-2019, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
Hi Guys,

i want to give you an update on my first Race with the M-08 last weekend
Long story short: i ended up in last place

It was really a struggle to find a perfect setup for this car.
It was that tricky to drive, until i ended up with (like erc) M-Grips with soft inserts in the front and S-Grips with hard inserts in the rear.
This was more or less driveable. But i missed some steering compared with the Type-A or S-gripp trires, but it was the smoothest solution.
In our Infield i lost most of the time.

in my final A main i was able to drive mid 26s to low 27s.
The winner, driving an M07 -as all other 6 competitors - was able to push high 25 to mid 26s

Any Idea how i could get more steering in the front with M-grips mounted?
I already tried following:
No shims in the rear to minimize the toe in.
white springs front, red in the rear, to get most of the traction to the front
dampers higest position in the front, lowest in the rear

But i think i have to go back to Type A to get more competitive.
At the moment , using Type A in the front makes the car to unstable. one lap is fast, the next one the car spins out when accellerating...

this was ny track and car, but 3 days earlier and not with my final setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AjpbX___O8
As you can see, slow turns in the inflied needs more grip in the front

But i am already setting my car up for the next race, i wont give up
I now woll try LWB instaed of SWB
Incredibly good driving there Aitutaki! I can imagine, how difficult it must be to avoid going sideways with the famous Abarth SWB M08. That really looks awesome on your Vienna track. I guess you use the Carson 16t set for Euro Cup reasons? Did you reduce Punch or use Expo on throttle? Really keen on your Solutions to get this Beauty driving this good.
Br,
Matthias
Old 08-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
M08 editable setup sheet

But now, here the direct link....
Here is my current set up RueBi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.