R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Just Got a TT-01 but needs some help

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums and to the great world of Rc. I just got myself a Tamiya XB Xanavi Nismo Z TT-01.

Now I have not drove this car yet I don't have batteries yet so thats what I hope you guys can help with what would be some good batteries to get thats also a good price. I also need a good Charger

Also how fast will this car go Stock I would like to have a fast car so what kind of motor would be good?
TamiyaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya TT=01

Hey, dude, welcome to the R/C world. it's nice that you have an XB TT-01. If you wish that your car would go faster, first thing to consider is to replace all metal & plastic bushings with ball bearings. What kind of Electronic Speed Control (ESC) was installed on the kit? Is it a Tamiya TEU-101BK? If it is, the stock kit comes with a Mabuchi 540 motor. I suggest you may use a Tamiya Sport Tuned Motor. The stock kit comes with a 61teeth spur gear and a 22teeth pinion. I also suggest that you purchase a 55teeth & 58 teeth spur gears and 24teeth & 25 teeth pinion gears. In that way, you can see what gear ratios are better for your kit. But I would suggest you use this combination: 25teeth pinion to 58teeth spur gear using a Sport Tuned motor. I also suggest you use a side by side configuration 3300mAH GP batteries.
macgyver1432000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Dont want to seem rude but this is what annoys me about new people.
they come on here with vague requests and nothing to go on.
What are you looking for duration or speed, is it for racing or bashing, how many packs do you want, whats your budget for a charger, whats your budget for batteries?
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrow2k
Dont want to seem rude but this is what annoys me about new people.
they come on here with vague requests and nothing to go on.
What are you looking for duration or speed, is it for racing or bashing, how many packs do you want, whats your budget for a charger, whats your budget for batteries?

If I were to make a recommendation I'd suggest a charger that can do NiMH as well as NiCds. On batteries I'd start with a NiCd pack and upgrade to something better as driver skill or desire to track becomes relevent.
ASCI_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

first of all you need a real good hard SLAP for buying a tamiya tt01 i think it is one of the worst cars to have you should of spent the extra or $$$ to get something alot better like a TB01 0r TB02 or even a TA05, i will bet you on the TT01 is that the front hubs will break first.

if i were you i would go into the garage and take the hammer out of the tool box and smash the thing up, your wasting ya time with that car trust me you should of saved the money and get some thing better.

alot better
ashrc18TA05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

that way it will save you money as well
Old 03-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

hey dont be a jerk cuz u been in the hobby for like 14 years
he may have just started out the tt01 is a good starter car parts are cheap to replace and it is pretty durrable hell i just ordered one cuz i miss my old one they are good cars last a long time you need a good nice hard smack in the face for being a jerk
i730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by i730
hey dont be a jerk cuz u been in the hobby for like 14 years
he may have just started out the tt01 is a good starter car parts are cheap to replace and it is pretty durrable hell i just ordered one cuz i miss my old one they are good cars last a long time you need a good nice hard smack in the face for being a jerk
i730 - you beat me to the post. I agree 100%
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #9
Tech Addict

heh i used my tt01 when i would go drift our rc's but then i got my savage for christmas and traded my tt01 and tc3 for a bunch of savage parts and i pretty much built a whole other savage
but back on topic when my new tt01 comes in tomorrow from tower hobbies im gonna look into racing it
Old 03-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrc18TA05
first of all you need a real good hard SLAP for buying a tamiya tt01 i think it is one of the worst cars to have you should of spent the extra or $$$ to get something alot better like a TB01 0r TB02 or even a TA05, i will bet you on the TT01 is that the front hubs will break first.

if i were you i would go into the garage and take the hammer out of the tool box and smash the thing up, your wasting ya time with that car trust me you should of saved the money and get some thing better.

alot better
YOU HAVE ISSUES!!!

Hey Tamiyaguy! The TT01 is a good starter car and there are a lot of hop ups to make it a car to grow with. I have seen one take several hard hits off our track walls and keep going. And my nephew who has MS and is ina wheel chair drives his all over the place including the curbs and the only thing broke was the steering link over the drive shaft.

FOr batteries, look for good deals at your LHS on stick packs and a cheaper peak charger likr the Prphet plus from Dynamite. It can do Nimh and NiCd packs and is usually around $40. Stick with the stock silver motor untill you get used to the car. Then start upgrading. Don't buy the cool stuff. stick with what works better and helps handling. The first thing I'd invest in are some oil filled shocks. BIG difference!
Good luck and have FUN!
Mike
Old 03-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

hay am not a jerk i had a tt01 for the past 3 years and it just a hump of junk you should of just saved the money and got something alot better like a tb02 (ball diffs, fully ballraced,adjustable turn buckles) thats a good starter car you can do so much more tuning to it with out spending any money on it do you get that on a TT01

no you dont

also dont bother putting any hopups on you will just be wasteing money

you should just use it as a drift car or a knock about car

you will be thanking me after this
Old 03-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HotrodHopkins

ball-bearings is a definate, and front/rear diffs. average speed prolly about 12mph on a track, don't know about straight line though.

-1990 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado TBI350 "Heavy Half". 1971 Chevrolet Nova

-My lug nuts require more Torque than your Honda makes.
HotrodHopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Macgyver yeah its a Teu-101BK as for my budget I could go about $60 for batteries and the same for a charger.
TamiyaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HotrodHopkins

good $50 charger, maybe this , i like my ICE best, but that's $130, but definaly get good batts.

-1990 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado TBI350 "Heavy Half". 1971 Chevrolet Nova

-My lug nuts require more Torque than your Honda makes.
HotrodHopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #15
Tech Addict

tt01 + brushless = mmmmmm
lol i just ordered the novak super stock
i probly need to get the 23 tooth pinion and the 50sumthin tooth spur but yeah this is my budget racer lol