R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry guys, I meant -5 degrees Fahrenheit.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

oooooooohhhhhh. Holy crap that's cold!
subman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Almost as cold as that

Just want to put some life in this thread again...

CrazyRonny
http://www.crazyrcracing.com
CrazyRonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRonny
Hi guys,

Just want to present myself and I also want to thank you for your interest in my product.

I built this Motor “Freezer” because I want something that will really freeze not only cool. It’s been more than a year since I begin working on this Freezer, before any commercial units was available for us RC racer. I test and work on a lot of configuration to finally find the one I use now. But I want you to know that some improvement to the actual unit could still be done if it need to and the Fan and heat sink combo could also vary due to the availability of it. But I will always use quality components and I will never reduce the performance of my Motor Freezer.

I built and test each unit myself. Please keep in mind that it is time consuming and I also have a full time day job, so you can have to wait a little after your order will be place to receive you Freezer. Actually I estimate the waiting time to be between two or three week before I could built and ship you a Motor Freezer.

My complete address is now on the contact page on my web site, I’m from St-Jerome Quebec Canada. I have not put my phone number online because my English speaking is not very good, so I will prefer to communicate by email. But we can have a phone conversation if it was really needed.

And Thank Eric from EAMotorsports for your support.

CrazyRonny
Ronald Bolduc
***** Crazy RC *****
Sounds Great, I will be forwarding you my order.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #35
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRonny
Almost as cold as that

Just want to put some life in this thread again...

CrazyRonny
Hi CrazyRonny,
will you cooler work on hot weather country i have been tested in United State with other brand cooler it almost freeze but when i used it in my country it seen that doesn't work some more create so much wap causing my motor bearing rust in long term. my country temp almost 35 to 40 celcius on the outdoor track. will it still freezing?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:13 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hi CrazyRonny,
will you cooler work on hot weather country i have been tested in United State with other brand cooler it almost freeze but when i used it in my country it seen that doesn't work some more create so much wap causing my motor bearing rust in long term. my country temp almost 35 to 40 celcius on the outdoor track. will it still freezing?
I have to admit that I really don't know how well the Freezer will work in such a high ambient temp. To date I only used it indoor and the max ambient temp was about 27°C, at this temp it as no problem at all freezing the motor.

But if some of my customers have some experience with using the "Crazy Motor Freezer" outdoor in high temp condition, your input on how it work in such condition are welcome and will be apreciate.

Thanks

CrazyRonny
Old 04-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

HEY! You're Crazy Ronny....!!!

I will be testing this thing is some very WARM Southern California climates this spring/summer, so we will see.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #38
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I used it in FL this weekend at the State series race. Even though I was pitting in a trailer it was still 85 degrees F in there and the cooler was down to around 15 degrees F. The motor got to around 30 degrees and froze to the cooler. So I would say it will work outdoor too.....maybe not quite as cold but will still work colder than the others out there.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow
HEY! You're Crazy Ronny....!!!

I will be testing this thing is some very WARM Southern California climates this spring/summer, so we will see.
Jay, you won't be disappointed. I've been playing with one for the last couple of weeks and this thing absolutely rocks! Outdoor, indoor, either way it's frosty cold goodness!

The only drawback I have is the lack of clamping action on the motor, if I'm sloppy on my motor wire soldering it can sometimes be kind of pain to balance it on the motor while in the car. If an optional clamp was available you know I'd sign up for one hint hint nudge nudge
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #40
Tech Champion

Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

I guess the freeze factor would depend on the Humidity also.................
Old 04-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scmicromike

Will this clip fit in the slot on a xray fk04? I would like to be able to put it on the motor while in the car. thanks Mike
scmicromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #42
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I used it in FL this weekend at the State series race. Even though I was pitting in a trailer it was still 85 degrees F in there and the cooler was down to around 15 degrees F. The motor got to around 30 degrees and froze to the cooler. So I would say it will work outdoor too.....maybe not quite as cold but will still work colder than the others out there.

EA
i seem that is time for me to take a try of the motor freezer it seem that you have try on outdoor and no problem at all.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:04 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Hi J.Filipow... Yes I'm the Crazy Ronny ... You will certainly receive your "Crazy Freezer" soon, wish you will enjoy it.

Hi Eric (EAMotorsports) Thank's for your feedback, having input by someone as knowledgeable as you are about motor performance is very appreciate.

Hi Big Rigg, I was already thinking about the possibility of doing the clamping action you want, but I'm not sure that it will be good for every application... But maybe if I offer it as an optional item like you suggest.... hummm I'll let you know about that.

Hi Slotmachine, yes the humidity affect the amount of ice accumulation on the clamp, but I don't think it affect the temp the Freezer reach.

Yes Guo Chean, I think it's time for you to take a try of the motor freezer

CrazyRonny
Old 04-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #44
KoE
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KoE

guo chean,

lemme know ur findings. might be a tad late for our nat series coming up in mid may tho. ya coming back for this?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:50 AM   #45
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree on the larger clamp... at least for my use on my T2. I hope it will be available as a update for my cooler. Even with the stock clamp this is the BEST cooler and I highly recommend it
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote