Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Entry level/ Budget friendly EP Touring Car >

Entry level/ Budget friendly EP Touring Car

Like Tree15Likes

Entry level/ Budget friendly EP Touring Car

Old 03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, if you're an experienced driver... well that changes things a lot. Even opening the used market. You'll enjoy the Express.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bartolo racing is a member here, and an Express dealer. You can find him in the Xpress Threads
Nerobro likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Xpress XQ1S for sure. The car has been a tank for me and the FRP chassis generates a bunch of grip.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another vote for the Xpress XQ1S for me. I've switched to it as my main driver and it's going great.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

Is the Xpress XQ1S still in production? if yes, where is a good place to buy it in the states?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Is the Xpress XQ1S still in production? if yes, where is a good place to buy it in the states?
Bartolo racing
Old 03-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Arguing that there are too many adjustments on the TC7.1 for a noob makes zero sense to me. Just use the box setup and it's great. If you want something else to try, just go to Petit RC and there are other setup sheets you can use. And as far as being out of production, there is still a great supply of parts available. In fact, that is a good argument to get the TC7.1. I'm just afraid that if he gets one of the "cheap" cars that once he learns how to drive he will want to upgrade to a better platform like the TC7.1.

But you do bring up an excellent point about buying used. I've bought a few used cars and at least two of them were assembled improperly. Best to buy from someone you trust or to tear down and rebuild the car right off the bat.
The Xpress xq1 is a $469-$550 competition kit that is damn good and on par with a xray t4. The Xpress xq1s is a dumbed down version of it and it is built like a tank. If you go to rhr xpress xq1s thread, nobody broke any steering or suspension part. Everything on the xq1 fits on the xq1s. Basically when he graduated, he can still upgrade the platform as his skills progress until his car becomes a xq1.

The xq1/s shares the same body mount position as the xray. All you need to do is flip the rear body mount to the other side of the shock towers. The xray spring could be used. The xray belts can be used. The Xpress front diff is better quality vs the x ray at half the price, and the front plastic spool in the xq1s is lighter too, and can handle mod power.

Also Billy Kelly, having a car that runs good makes a big difference in your lap times and constancy. If you buy used and the setup is fubar you will be chasing setup forever. The xq1 roller that I bought the shims werent in the right places and the shock shaft lengths were all different. Took me multiple days to get right and to drive the way I like it.
johnzhou2476 likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+1 Xpress XQ1s. Yes, you can get a great deal buying used but you have to know what to look for and 80% of all used cars that I brought all had some issues...both major and minor. If you know what you're doing, then sure get used. I brought my xray t4 '16 used on here for less than 2 bills.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Also Billy Kelly, having a car that runs good makes a big difference in your lap times and constancy. If you buy used and the setup is fubar you will be chasing setup forever. The xq1 roller that I bought the shims werent in the right places and the shock shaft lengths were all different. Took me multiple days to get right and to drive the way I like it.

I’m aware of that. I let the fast guys test drive my used purchases. If they run close to there usually times using unfamiliar controllers and cars. I know cars are good.

As for my others. Well that’s been more like taking a street car to the track. Over time with small changes it can run almost even with my high end cars.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Express xq1s

I have heard a lot of good things about the xq1s, just didnít know anything about the durability of the kit and support. I know that Bartolo Racing is the distributor here in the states although is there anyone else who sell parts just in case he is out of stock on something?
Old 03-14-2019, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlaw820 View Post
I have heard a lot of good things about the xq1s, just didnít know anything about the durability of the kit and support. I know that Bartolo Racing is the distributor here in the states although is there anyone else who sell parts just in case he is out of stock on something?
I would suggest you look through our thread on the car: Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Other than that Bartolo carries a good amount of stock, so you can build up your spares inventory.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

RCmart and Ebay sells plenty of parts for the XQ1S. Durability is excellent. The plastics they use are almost on par with Xray. I've been testing driving my friends XQ1S and so far, the only thing that broke is the plastic bumper support. Arms, C hub, knuckles, all held up strong.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not sure many cars have plastics on par wtih X-Ray. Those things are amazing looking, essentially no flash. They're better than tamiya, and that's.... more or less the gold standard. There was/is flash on all of my XQ1s parts.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
I'm not sure many cars have plastics on par wtih X-Ray. Those things are amazing looking, essentially no flash. They're better than tamiya, and that's.... more or less the gold standard. There was/is flash on all of my XQ1s parts.
Ok that's a fair statement. But for the $99 car that's still pretty amazing! My $400+ Destiny RX10-S unfortunately suffers from terribly weak plastics.

Nerobro likes this.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Stil undecided for me to if I should switch from the XI Sport NU to the XQ1s...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service