Like Tree19Likes

BRCA Rules

Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 10:18 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (176)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,930
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default BRCA Rules

Hey guys after the lack of governing in the US, I was looking for the other governing bodies. I found BRCA, however they do not their rules available to non-members.

Does anyone know of the rules, or have the rules to view?
thecaptain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:46 AM
  #2  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,361
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Hey guys after the lack of governing in the US, I was looking for the other governing bodies. I found BRCA, however they do not their rules available to non-members.

Does anyone know of the rules, or have the rules to view?
they are probably more organize than roar
dawgmeat likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:25 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
 
LzREngineering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 277
Default

Not sure if this link works but..
rules
Marcos.J likes this.
LzREngineering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:45 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 989
Default

You don't need to be a BRCA member to view the rules, they are readily available on the website. This page https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/rules is the official location of the rules, but as each section operates independently the rules for different classes can be found somewhere in their own sections. https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/sections

The BRCA is run by the racers, all officials are racers and all rules and changes are proposed by the racers and discussed at the annual agm and voted on by the members themselves, which is why our rules can differ with other countries, but the BRCA rules quite often end up being copied by others.
Marcos.J, slcf1, TrevCoult and 1 others like this.
terry.sc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:39 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (176)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,930
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
You don't need to be a BRCA member to view the rules, they are readily available on the website. This page https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/rules is the official location of the rules, but as each section operates independently the rules for different classes can be found somewhere in their own sections. https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/sections

The BRCA is run by the racers, all officials are racers and all rules and changes are proposed by the racers and discussed at the annual agm and voted on by the members themselves, which is why our rules can differ with other countries, but the BRCA rules quite often end up being copied by others.
I went to their site and this is what pops up for me.

thecaptain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:13 AM
  #6  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 18
Default

Just register an account? I doubt you need to be an actual BRCA member to do that. I've just logged out and can view fine
dlruk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:18 AM
  #7  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 325
Default

Speaking of governing bodies take a look at Efra https://www.efra.ws/ , rules and homologation documents are readily available under rules and regulations menu
thecaptain likes this.
Fastfreddy74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:37 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (176)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,930
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dlruk View Post
Just register an account? I doubt you need to be an actual BRCA member to do that. I've just logged out and can view fine
It costs to register an account.
thecaptain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:43 AM
  #9  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
It costs to register an account.
Ok but as myself and Terry said above, you don't need to be a member or logged in. Not sure which link you are going to as none of the ones Terry posted start with "in" which I can see in your link. Try on a different device or put your phone browser in desktop mode if it's not working.

Which rules are you after anyway? You won't find any 25.5 homologation lists for motors as no one in the UK runs them. Off topic but I have no idea why they are used and 21.5 in the USA. 17.5 blinky is slow enough. Must be so expensive having to buy brand new kit all the time so you have the quickest/freshest available!
dlruk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (176)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,930
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dlruk View Post
Ok but as myself and Terry said above, you don't need to be a member or logged in. Not sure which link you are going to as none of the ones Terry posted start with "in" which I can see in your link. Try on a different device or put your phone browser in desktop mode if it's not working.

Which rules are you after anyway? You won't find any 25.5 homologation lists for motors as no one in the UK runs them. Off topic but I have no idea why they are used and 21.5 in the USA. 17.5 blinky is slow enough. Must be so expensive having to buy brand new kit all the time so you have the quickest/freshest available!
For asphalt or large tracks in Europe and Asia, 17.5 is slow enough. However the average club size track over here is about 80 feet x 50 feet (24m x 15m), and typically lap times for a 17.5 are under or around 9 seconds a lap. The "Seasoned" racers do not mind 17.5 speeds, but the in the interest of new racers slower is better at least for them, and less intimidating.

Looking back at the mod speeds in the brushed days the 17.5 speeds are just as fast, if not faster. Not to mention that most classes in offroad 17.5 and mod are the same speed until you get to the national level of talent.

I will try using a different browser and see if that helps.
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
thecaptain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:29 AM
  #11  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,361
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
You don't need to be a BRCA member to view the rules, they are readily available on the website. This page https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/rules is the official location of the rules, but as each section operates independently the rules for different classes can be found somewhere in their own sections. https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/sections

The BRCA is run by the racers, all officials are racers and all rules and changes are proposed by the racers and discussed at the annual agm and voted on by the members themselves, which is why our rules can differ with other countries, but the BRCA rules quite often end up being copied by others.
thats a plus right there
dawgmeat likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:51 AM
  #12  
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,526
Default

Yeah I am pretty sure the manufactures in the UK have very little say in how it is run. Been to a couple of races over there and they run a tight ship.
Maybe with the regime change at ROAR we will see them fix the BS we have been putting up with. The fixing of the approved motor list is start that no one before had the balls to do.
iTz Nicholas72 and thecaptain like this.
patorz31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 AM
  #13  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 18
Default

Most clubs will give some tolerance and often let you use "non BRCA" homologated items as long as there is no obvious advantage but some don't and 99% of proper competition events will be BRCA list only. The Lipo list is only done once a year I think, motors more often, shells list is updated quite frequently. Everything is voted for at the AGM and then there are online votes for control tyres at the BRCA events etc.
thecaptain likes this.
dlruk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:56 AM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Racermac73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palmyra, Virginia
Posts: 1,891
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Ive come to the conclusion that non of this matters, onroad racing in the US is just awful. I keep hoping at some point we will do things the way the rest of the world does but it's never going to happen.. just not enough trophies to go around I guess. I don't hear guys from Europe bitching all the time so maybe the carpet, tires, rules, ect. that they are all using works. Just my 2 cents
Racermac73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:03 AM
  #15  
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,526
Default

Originally Posted by Racermac73 View Post
Ive come to the conclusion that non of this matters, onroad racing in the US is just awful. I keep hoping at some point we will do things the way the rest of the world does but it's never going to happen.. just not enough trophies to go around I guess. I don't hear guys from Europe bitching all the time so maybe the carpet, tires, rules, ect. that they are all using works. Just my 2 cents
Probably because it seems the "Racer" is in control there where I ROAR was setup and "influenced" (Possibly controlled) by the industry here.
Maybe we need to renew our memberships and Really voice our opinions.... Or ask the BRCA to run stuff over here.......

I vote replace ROAR with BRCA....
patorz31 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service