Like Tree19Likes

BRCA Rules

Old 02-21-2019, 09:17 AM
  #16  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,688
Default

BRCA is a country, Brittisch national clubs are the members of the BRCA and clubs have the racers as members. The European countries are a member of the EFRA.
Not sure how the direct contact is between the racers and BRCA but here in Holland the racers do have a direct contact and meetings with the NOMAC but because clubs are the actual members of the NOMAC they can overrule the racers group.

The EFRA has with meetings no contact with the racers, national organisations like the BRCA and the NOMAC ore the ones to represent the racers of their country what isn't always done.... Problem with that is that some organisations are pushed by manufacturers and in most situations the racers have no idea that they need to push ther representer to do what the racers group want.

Your ROAR is on a level like our EFRA and should be represented by the US states/countries?
Roelof is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 09:25 AM
  #17  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,504
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

You guys are comparing BRCA which is about half the size of TN to ROAR which is larger than all of Europe together. Its much easier to please a racing crowd that size versus what we have here where no one wants to agree on anything.....EVER!

BRCA use's the specs we use for motor approvals but do their own testing (and we didnt get the specs from them)
They use GBS rules for bodies (which were written by a US Company and implemented by ROAR and others followed)
They do their own battery approvals but its the same as we do here except they only do it once a year.

Sooooo really what is that different? Other than their members vote on the rules......OH WAIT.....We cant do that crap here...our members cant even vote on the President or any other elected officials so that blows that out of the water too.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 01:30 PM
  #18  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 3,552
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
For asphalt or large tracks in Europe and Asia, 17.5 is slow enough. However the average club size track over here is about 80 feet x 50 feet (24m x 15m), and typically lap times for a 17.5 are under or around 9 seconds a lap. The "Seasoned" racers do not mind 17.5 speeds, but the in the interest of new racers slower is better at least for them, and less intimidating.

Looking back at the mod speeds in the brushed days the 17.5 speeds are just as fast, if not faster. Not to mention that most classes in offroad 17.5 and mod are the same speed until you get to the national level of talent.

I will try using a different browser and see if that helps.
In Australia our stock classes are 21.5 blinky and 13.5 blinky. Our track sizes are larger, mod times are in the 14-15 second range, 13.5 are in the 15-16 second range and 21.5 are in the 16-17 second range. Nobody complains that 21.5 is too slow, in fact our rule makers want to slow it down more.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 09:18 PM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 3,552
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
You guys are comparing BRCA which is about half the size of TN to ROAR which is larger than all of Europe together.
What metrics are you using to make that claim? I've got no idea what percentage of each population is a registered member of the relevant RC governing body, but based on population alone we see the following:

BRCA:
United Kindom (population ~66 million)

Tennessee population ~6.7 million

ROAR:
USA (population ~325 million)
Canada (population ~36.7 million)

Total ROAR population base: 361.7 million

EFRA:
Austria (population ~8.7 million)
Belarus (population ~9.5 million)
Belgium (population ~11.4 million)
Bulgaria (population ~7.1 million)
Croatia (population ~4.2 million)
Czech Republic (population ~10.6 million)
Denmark (population ~5.8 million)
Estonia (population ~1.3 million)
Finland (population ~5.5 million)
France (population ~67.1 million)
Germany (population ~82.8 million)
United Kingdom (population ~66 million)
Greece (population ~10.8 million)
Hungary (population ~9.8 million)
Ireland (population ~4.8 million)
Italy (population ~60.6 million)
Luxembourg (population ~590k)
Monaco (population ~38k)
Netherlands (population ~17 million)
Norway (population ~5.2 million)
Poland (population ~38 million)
Portugal (population ~10.3 million)
Romania (population ~19.6 million)
Russia (population ~144.5 million)
Slovakia (population ~5.4 million)
Slovenia (population ~2 million)
Spain (population ~46.6 million)
Sweden (population ~10 million)
Switzerland (population ~8.4 million)
Turkey (population ~79.8 million)

Total EFRA population base: 753.7 million
gigaplex is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 02:09 PM
  #20  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,098
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Don't forget that the Asian RC organisations have over 6billion people to deal with.....
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 03:54 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Nobody complains that 21.5 is too slow, in fact our rule makers want to slow it down more.
Untrue. “We” don’t want to slow it down.

Everything “we” have looked to implement in EPONR is in direct response to racer survey or club feedback.

We simply “challenge” the request (make sure it’s not isolated or plain silly) then put it to vote, either with our stamp (Racer feedback) or club stamp (club proposed proposal)
cplus is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 01:29 AM
  #22  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
1spunspur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Carquinez striaghts
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If I read correctly the BRCA rules section 14 says slipper clutches are not allowed. Do they mean slipper diffs? I don't get it.
1spunspur is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 02:20 AM
  #23  
Tech Regular
 
TrevCoult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 400
Default

If you really want to know how the BRCA works, view the BRCA Members handbook that is at https://brca.org/documents/members-handbook-2018.

Look at the "The Structure of Your Sport" section.

The biggest thing to remember is that everyone on either the executive committee or any of the section committees is voted in by racing members at an annual general meeting, and all are unpaid volunteers. Clubs do not have any direct say, but are affiliated to the BRCA for organisational and insurance purposes.

Any racer at club, regional or national level has to be a member of the BRCA for insurance purposes.

It isn't perfect (nothing ever is) but generally works pretty well.
TrevCoult is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 07:23 AM
  #24  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 330
Default

Originally Posted by 1spunspur View Post
If I read correctly the BRCA rules section 14 says slipper clutches are not allowed. Do they mean slipper diffs? I don't get it.
It's a really old rule, back in the 90s some touring cars had slipper clutches like offroad buggies, guess at the time it was an useful accessory when running rubber tires on a parking lot. Nowadays it would be pretty much useless.
Fastfreddy74 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 02:12 AM
  #25  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Hey guys after the lack of governing in the US, I was looking for the other governing bodies. I found BRCA, however they do not their rules available to non-members.

Does anyone know of the rules, or have the rules to view?
If you PM your email I'll send the handbook to you
Skiddins is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 01:55 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,004
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
What metrics are you using to make that claim? I've got no idea what percentage of each population is a registered member of the relevant RC governing body, but based on population alone we see the following:

BRCA:
United Kindom (population ~66 million)

Tennessee population ~6.7 million

ROAR:
USA (population ~325 million)
Canada (population ~36.7 million)

Total ROAR population base: 361.7 million

EFRA:
Austria (population ~8.7 million)
Belarus (population ~9.5 million)
Belgium (population ~11.4 million)
Bulgaria (population ~7.1 million)
Croatia (population ~4.2 million)
Czech Republic (population ~10.6 million)
Denmark (population ~5.8 million)
Estonia (population ~1.3 million)
Finland (population ~5.5 million)
France (population ~67.1 million)
Germany (population ~82.8 million)
United Kingdom (population ~66 million)
Greece (population ~10.8 million)
Hungary (population ~9.8 million)
Ireland (population ~4.8 million)
Italy (population ~60.6 million)
Luxembourg (population ~590k)
Monaco (population ~38k)
Netherlands (population ~17 million)
Norway (population ~5.2 million)
Poland (population ~38 million)
Portugal (population ~10.3 million)
Romania (population ~19.6 million)
Russia (population ~144.5 million)
Slovakia (population ~5.4 million)
Slovenia (population ~2 million)
Spain (population ~46.6 million)
Sweden (population ~10 million)
Switzerland (population ~8.4 million)
Turkey (population ~79.8 million)

Total EFRA population base: 753.7 million
I believe what he is trying to say is that the BRCA alone has more racers than ROAR in an area the size of Tennessee. I can't say if this exactly correct but the concept is valid. I doubt either publishes numbers but ROAR membership is no greater than 3500 and I think this is a high estimate. Sure there are more actual racers than this but an indication of the R/C racing disorganization in the US.
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 02:02 PM
  #27  
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,553
Default

Rick what the fix for this? There seems to be so much apathy towards ROAR within the RC community that I don't think they can ever fix it.
patorz31 is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:19 AM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I believe what he is trying to say is that the BRCA alone has more racers than ROAR in an area the size of Tennessee. I can't say if this exactly correct but the concept is valid. I doubt either publishes numbers but ROAR membership is no greater than 3500 and I think this is a high estimate. Sure there are more actual racers than this but an indication of the R/C racing disorganization in the US.
3500! Wowsers. Really. Is that all.

And are “clubs” or “tracks” members of ROAR also?
cplus is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:55 PM
  #29  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: somewhere in the north of england
Posts: 467
Default

You have to remember most of the members of BRCA just want to race fair and have fun and encourage more people to the hobby.
They do not want to go back to the days fo 27t stock touring car racing where you have to constantly spend money on tyres and batteries and motors to keep up with the rest.
That why we just have 13.5turn blinky and mod for the electric classes.
having said that, from my experiance Most buggy's tend to run Mod as there is not enough racers that want to race 13.5 blinky as it would take the throttle control away which is part of the fun of driving offroad, and racing off road indoors they tends to run on a mix of carpet and wooden floors to there isn't much grip which slows the speeds down.
Indoor onroad racing is in on carpet in gym halls around 26m long or less and 13.5t seem to be popular as mod indoors would be too fast for club racing and there is not enough racers these days that want to run mod.
Not sure about outdoor onroad racing.
Smoking motor.. is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.