Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cheap touring car suggestions >

Cheap touring car suggestions

Like Tree21Likes

Cheap touring car suggestions

Old 02-13-2019, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't say a bad thing about the 3 Racing cars.
I have owned 2. And they are great I also own 2 xray t4s a 2015 and a 2018.
The reason I have the xrays is that occasionally I race at track in NYC and it seems every racer there is a pro sponsored driver and getting help from them is easier when run the same car
Old 02-14-2019, 02:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MTS T3 is a nice choice too. Save up for some ULP shocks from x-ray or Yokomo and you're pretty much set
Old 02-14-2019, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a hobbyking Blaze R2 and it appears as if the T4 plastics will fit it. Comes pre-built with aluminum shocks. I haven't driven it a ton but it seemed to handle pretty well.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
This question comes up time to time,

I personally will not go the cheap route again, -i've done it several times and has always regretted it. Cheap cars are cheap for a reason, -poor fitment, quality, parts, you name it. I personally do not care for anything from 3Racing, I find that there tolerances are not very good. I don't have 1st hand experience w/ the Xpress $100 car that many on this thread have mentioned so its possible this car is an exception??

Personally I'd recommend getting a used, Team Associated TC7.1 -its a simple car, easy to work on, parts are readily available and not overpriced. If you do go used, do yourself a favor and tear the car down completely then clean and rebuild to the factory spec's.
The XQ1S performs and has a ton of upgrade potential. I got over 1000 laps in my car and I have not broken a single suspension part yet and I have sent this car many many times. I have only broken the plastic lower bumper mount and body post. This thing is on pace with a T4. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a cheap chassis that works right off the bat, and can grow as the skills progress.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

No such thing as cheap
mooby64 and eR1c like this.