Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HPI RS4 Sport 3 problems-HELP >

HPI RS4 Sport 3 problems-HELP

HPI RS4 Sport 3 problems-HELP

Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HPI RS4 Sport 3 problems-HELP

I just got this car and went to run it and within the first few minutes it stopped and didnít move. I thought it was the Lipo failsafe but I checked and it was set on nimh mode. So now after trying different methods, whenever I max out the throttle it stops and beeps and I have to wait until I can drive it again after a couple seconds. if someone can help thatíd be awesome

Also I checked the battery but wasnít sure if on the charger green meant charged or not I checked the manuals or missed something but Idk about the light. Thanks

Old 02-05-2019, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If you are running NiMH battery packs and it is in NiMH mode then you are good there. I suspect the problem is with temperature. If you are running the car and the pinion and spur gears are not freely moving (paper thickness for gapping space) then the thermal shutdown mode kicks in and then you have to wait until it properly cools down before you can drive it. If your gear mess is okay and you are constantly running straights in high speed I would suggest you put in a smaller pinion to reduce the heat load on your esc. By doing this you will go slower but it saves your esc and the time for cooling. Otherwise buy a cheap Gool RC brushless system from Fleabay and let her rip, because that car is ready for a brushless setup as it is.