Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Proofs in the puddinng.... >

Proofs in the puddinng....

Proofs in the puddinng....

Old 02-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Proofs in the puddinng....

Just to refresh your memories. Please read the following threads.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64701

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77246

Then there was this PM's sent to me (addressed to the "Moron" because I chose to stand by my sponsors product as being a "good bang for the buck"
... your idiotic testing, and procedures mean nothing.. if you ever get to race at a national level, you will see how your pack compare.. i doubt we will se max amps winning any sort of title any time soon.. keep on with your budget stuff.. Just dont ask why, when you get passed... Burbs
This was back in July of last year! I had already raced at Regional and National Levels, placing in the top 3 twice with an Electric EDM, but not utilizing MaxAmp Batteries, but with bit costlier battery!
Since that time MaxAmp 3300 batteries have been placing 1,2 and 3 locally on a weekly basis. Well, with the impending KleinRCMotor Sports R/C Winter Nationals... I decided to retire my year old 3300's and picked up some 3700 and 3800's for the Event! Yep, unmatched batteries, no lables....
Well, the results are in. MaxAmp Batteries powered a Klein Sprint Car to a National win in the Open Electric Mod Sprint. In the EDM class, 3 qualifiers and double main, MaxAmp batteries powered the cars (Kranzels) that set TQ, in the top 3 qualifying spots, with Maxamp Drivers winning all the heats and both mains. Without saying my two teammates and I qualified for the "A" Main. Personally, I won 2 qualifiers and 1 Main, my teammate, won 3 qualifiers and 1 Main, our other teammate won 1 one qualifier and placing 3rd in the main.
So again I will bring up the issue, you don't have to have "labels" on your batteries to win.
The original question was "what was the best 3300 batteries to buy on a limited budget". Now with the "new" 3700 or 3800" MaxAmp Batteries is still on of the best buys out there!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sure your sponsor is a good company, cheats and badly-run companies tend not to last in such a close-knit industry at RC car racing...

...however, getting unmatched packs and doing well at a race doesn't necessarily mean that everyone wastes money on matched/labelled packs.

How many racers were at these races? What was the competition level like? How many other sponsored drivers were there (that are sponsored by battery matchers)? Were you the only one running the unmatched MaxAmp batteries at these races? Did you do any comparisons of your competitor's packs and your new packs, on a battery matching system? It's possible to get 'better' packs that are unmatched, than matched packs, but at the risk of going along with the crowd I'd say getting even club-level matched packs you will tend to get a better pack than any unmatched pack.

Fresh batteries are always going to be more powerful than older batteries. When the HPI Pro 2 came out I'd been racing 2-3 times a week with the Pro, then I got the Pro 2, new batteries, new motors and new tires and instantly went from the C Main to the A at a very competitive track (SoCal RC). I claimed at the time it was the car, but it was a combination of everything - the total package - as well as my driving experience at the time.