Like Tree68Likes

TRF TA07MS

Old 05-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elbicho View Post
I started building my kit yesterday. I mount axon spur with stock pulley...don't see any problem.....
can anyone with the problem explain It..?
Thanks
I think it depends on spur thickness at the mounting holes.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
I think it depends on spur thickness at the mounting holes.
What type of axon? Would be much easier just buying a spur than all these parts.
I have the parts to do the conversion but going to see how the 18t goes first. I just don't see how the IDR is going to make a difference even at the same FDR! Does not make sense to me and noone has really explained it. Just said "it's faster" I get there's more tuning options but i don't understand how it's faster at the same FDR.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whoops replied to the wrong comment
Old 05-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nicko451 View Post
What type of axon? Would be much easier just buying a spur than all these parts.
I have the parts to do the conversion but going to see how the 18t goes first. I just don't see how the IDR is going to make a difference even at the same FDR! Does not make sense to me and noone has really explained it. Just said "it's faster" I get there's more tuning options but i don't understand how it's faster at the same FDR.
I wonder about this too. The difference for me is it was a $3 pulley to try it since I have the TA07 pro so cheap and easy to check. Stupid thing is I have to change my motor to a spec motor so I can't compare apples for apples. I asked the person who has done it and they said their temps dropped for the same FDR. The only thing I have seen that gives any possible reason is the TA07MS marketing stuff that says the '20T pulley ensures minimal belt tension yet a highly smooth drive'. That was probably written by marketing though and they switched to 20T to give the 1.85 IR like the high end kits.
Nicko451 likes this.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Axon gs-t6 . Tcs Spur 64dp. 110t . Cause I need a 5'5 ratio using a 37t pinion. Same configuration I am using with my trf419xr.
axon spur is thinner than tamiya ones. Don't understand why I don't see any problem. Looks everything tight and smooth.
I am going to finish my car and test It ..I will let you know..
Nicko451 likes this.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jgil089 View Post
I wonder about this too. The difference for me is it was a $3 pulley to try it since I have the TA07 pro so cheap and easy to check. Stupid thing is I have to change my motor to a spec motor so I can't compare apples for apples. I asked the person who has done it and they said their temps dropped for the same FDR. The only thing I have seen that gives any possible reason is the TA07MS marketing stuff that says the '20T pulley ensures minimal belt tension yet a highly smooth drive'. That was probably written by marketing though and they switched to 20T to give the 1.85 IR like the high end kits.
my yokomo bd8 has a IDR of 2.0 pretty much the same as the 07r. Yokomo actually realeased a kit specifically with a higher IDR.
​​​​I'm don't mean to sound rude to the person who said it, but i need more info than "it was cooler at the same FDR". Testing things on different days, there's too many factors to say one is faster with no other info. I'm curious to know how long the car was tested with each pulley by the person stating it, Track temps, weather etc.
jgil089 likes this.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Found a easy fix. Use arrowmax spurs
gigaplex and jgil089 like this.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

What is the problem with the pulley? the original that comes with the kit?
Nothing
Old 05-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello!
i have a TA07R, it looks like it have the same parts for pulley and spurgear mount.

I use AXON TCS spur, its a little thinner then orginal spur. I used m3x4mm screws instead of m3x5mm. You have alot of tuningoptions when changing to 48 or 64dp, the spurs exists in many diffrent sizes. I used alu screws with loctite. It works perfect for 4.5t mod.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
Nothing
^^ so helpful

Alot of spurs have a different thickness and in turn cause play. All the info is in the thread for the guys who keep asking. Just use a thicker spur. No point buying all these different parts, like others have.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
Nothing
^^ so helpful

Alot of spurs have a different thickness and in turn cause play. All the info is in the thread for the guys who keep asking. Just use a thicker spur. No point buying all these different parts, like others have.
C van der Hagen was talking about the Pulley, not the Spur Gear.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

^^ so helpful

Or build the car according the manual, on page 21 it is explained how to shim different spur gears.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes... I finally used a shim between motormount and spur, as per manual, with my axon spur.. it looks and works fine..
C van der Hagen likes this.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Yes... I finally used a shim between motormount and spur, as per manual, with my axon spur.. it looks and works fine..
Same here
Old Yesterday, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

LCG TA07MS motormount (top) vs original motormount
elbicho likes this.

Last edited by C van der Hagen; Yesterday at 06:41 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service