R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs
Default Hitec Lynx 3D Question????

I have a lynx 3d and the reciever went bad.. I have a chance to get the spectra module for it.. But i have a question... The current radio requires a DCX or dual conversion reciever and crystals.. With the spectra module can you use a single conversion reciever like all the other radios?? I see alot of people pair it with the novak switch receiver for full synthasized operation..

I have a handfull or hitec hfs-033m single conversion recievers ive won as door prizes over the last few years.. But i ned to know if those recievers will work with the spectra module..

Please dont post any get a new radio comments.. I know how some people feel about hitec.. But ive used there stuff for 8 years, and have never had an issue.. I like the feel and balance that is why i choose to run them.. thanks
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Dual Conversion is only in the reciever. As long as you use the proper crystals, then you are fine.

You just need to make sure you are using a single conversion crystal in a single conversion receiver, and you are set.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is a bit off topic, but the Spektrum for Futaba radios will work in the Lynx 3D. I used it in mine after my receiver went bad and had no trouble at all. I eventually changed to a Futaba 3PK and was able to use the same transmitter module (and transmitter battery), but I keep the 3D around as my backup since it's basically a direct replacement. Sorry if you already knew this, but there's not many 3D people around anymore, so I figured I would share it just in case.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Yeah i knew that.. but if i was going spend 150 on a spektrum, id just get a new CRX or something to that order... thanks for the info tho.. Im not quite sold on spektrum..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote