Best Shock Bladder for TC7.1 shocks >

Best Shock Bladder for TC7.1 shocks

Best Shock Bladder for TC7.1 shocks

Old 01-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Best Shock Bladder for TC7.1 shocks

Good afternoon All,

I'm looking to rebuild my shocks and get them as close to ZERO rebound as possible and it seems like the bladders might be causing me the issue. I bought the car used from a user here on RCTECH, so I'm not certain if the bladders are aftermarket or factory. I can tell you they are clear to a little opaque. I've watched the videos on building the XRAY shocks with ZERO rebound, but I can't make it work with the TC7.1 shocks. I'm running my TC7.1 on CRC Black carpet and my local track runs XRay T4 and Awesomatix cars so, help it LIMITED so I revert to here for help. Now, don't get me wrong the guys help me as much as they can, but sometimes what works for Xray, Awesomatix and VBC does not work with Associated.

Thanks Guys / Gals!!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure about the bladders, but one thing we've done with the dirt oval cars I run to eliminate rebound is drill a small hole in the cap. The hole allows the pressure to bleed off of the bladder as the shock compresses so you have zero rebound.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jdearhart View Post
Not sure about the bladders, but one thing we've done with the dirt oval cars I run to eliminate rebound is drill a small hole in the cap. The hole allows the pressure to bleed off of the bladder as the shock compresses so you have zero rebound.
+1 on drilling the hole. Also, the bladders seem to break in after a few race days which makes achieving less rebound easier. The stock Associated bladders are clear like you described.

Personally, I can never get them to zero rebound without letting air into the oil -- which defeats the purpose of using a bladder. Obviously if you're getting full rebound you're probably compromising the suspension, but I don't think a few mm rebound hurts. Most setups call for it, in fact. I'd place much more importance on making sure the amount the rebound is equal on each side of the car.

I run on CRC Black carpet as well. Try using Keven Hébert's Cleveland setup. It is a good starting point on these surfaces.