R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #61
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2dude
i rest my case read my post again properly and see the point i was trying to make.....

a stock motor in the hands of spashett, moore, rogers, brunsden...blah blah blah can be as FASTA AS a modified, cos they drive really damn well.

I do have the mentallity as im prepared to try anything, i just dont have the thumbs for it...I admit my failings....but you have a closed mind to anything thats not mod...which is why u have no friends and think a tea cosy belongs on ya head.
oh i have friends thanks,so no need for personal attacks.
also a tea cosy keeps me head warm thanks.
having a mentality of il try anyhting isnt gonna win races.a mentality of sticking to what you know is my mentality and the best i and many people know.
i have a closed mind but atleast my opinions come from experience and not just blah blah like most people.i do try different things in set up and motor.
your comments are pretty unfounded,as adam spashett rogers etc etc hasnt beaten a mod with a stock and they wouldnt attepmt it i should think.so that unfounded.
race results is all were looking for and surely you being merely embarased of your race results shows something that a you merely embarrased of.
of course my closed mind,my slow motors and me knowing nothing all came to me ending up in the a final at the two day and also the a at the last carpet wars round.
of course i have a closed mind and dont test and it was all flukey.
also i like working on me own with me dad.i dont need other people to go to for advice,every result i have achieved is off my own back and researching and testing.
thats the satisfation i get of doing everything off me own back and not relying on ANYONE else.
we all get things wrong sometimes and we get things right one time or another.
iam learning improving and enjoying myslef for it.i personally do not like stock.so whats that to do with you and have i a made mentality bc of that,i dont think so mate.
i apreciate its prob just as hard as mod,and the top guys have as much skill as mod drivers.
but tell me why am i gonna spend money time and effort in something i dont like?
i rest my case.
thank you everyone for your valuable imputs and i will take into account them.am i gonna let it effect me,NO!
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

pete you got to stop now
these other guy`s are winding you up

i know your faster then jakey boy

jake
your right about stock racing
they love to dirtbox the one in front , then get this of the cuff remark `sorry` but they carry on though ,arseholes
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #63
Tech Regular

you so right jolly, the 'SORRY' is supposed to make up for it.

If it is an accident then stop and give em the place back you numpty... :lol
jakeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #64
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

RUBBINS RACING!!!!!!

watch days of thunder for the proper way of doing it...gotta love nascar racing..

Real touring car racing involves nudging the opponents to gain position so lets reinact it...lol

"You aint going fast enough, if you aint Full Throttle"
Currently slow due to : Bad thumbs and no motors :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #65
Tech Regular

you so funny mi2dude, if only it was rubbing... more like opps hit you up the arse so hard your off the track, but thanks for the braking effect i got that corner lovely now, lol.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeburns
you so funny mi2dude, if only it was rubbing... more like opps hit you up the arse so hard your off the track, but thanks for the braking effect i got that corner lovely now, lol.
LoL Ive seen you do that enough Darren

I have seen a few of the top guys to such a deed Martin H a few times at the GP world cup and a few others at the meeting inc Jonny B on his own team mate Andy M. Craig D I heard he got a penalty for such a move on D Spashett at last years WL National.

However most of these guys have too much riding on their racing to be seen not as polite on the track.

We are all guilty at some times for moves on the track that were not as thet should be, I hold my hand up to many a 50/50 move that has come off badly.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #67
Tech Regular

LoL, but the point is, if it is a 50/50 move and it goes wrong for the innocent party (the leader) but right for you (the chaser), then hold your hands up then and give the position back.

Then try again, maybe when there is a bigger gap, lol.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:22 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
LoL, but the point is, if it is a 50/50 move and it goes wrong for the innocent party (the leader) but right for you (the chaser), then hold your hands up then and give the position back.

If it's a 50/50 move and it goes your way then you shouldn't give it up! That's why it's a 50/50 move.

Now 51/49 moves are a totally different matter...
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:41 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Quote:

Yep Exactly Myself and Chris K have had this a few times at Carpet wars this year and we have both been curteous to give the position back and tried again.

I have noticed though it really depends of the Race director or Referee and it depends if people see any 50/50 moves in full. Most will give the benefit of doubt to the chasing car as long as the car is on the inside on the corner.
At the GP Carpet World Cup this was the case no matter how much contact was made . However any moves that were really not on and seen were Heavily punished .

I am sure However that the Host Club of a national or the Brca should apoint a referee for the meeting, they used to do this in off road is this still the case Jake? This would hopefully go along way to ensure drivers grive there fellow racers respect on the track at all times.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Sam_Smith

Quote:
then we get brush comparison`s
ie;H1 gold from hurricane apparently same as screams one h1 dom some thing or waht ever

then Scream`s brush ,which apparently is made by Team scream in the states just for them ,as said by importer in uk

jeremy
why do you think your important enough to upset me ,you have nothing to fear now you can have the market
me stopping had nothing to do with you

i did asked my self why i can`t get on with Jez,still don`t know
agument with mike haswell said all this ruling mayhem was caused by scream team drivers pointing at c-sracing team drivers about dodgey motors up bedworth causing all the trouble & Bobb Burr caught the gossip so this started it all off (torc round)
c-s didn`t have any team drivers in that series on that day by the way

All bollocks in the end
All started with `JEALOUS` people with `BIG` mouth`s(if cap fit`s, wear it)
Brushes - H1's are not Hurricane Golds the H1 is the brush formulated by Team Scream USA.

Jolly - Jez has made one post that didn't 'directly' point the finger. The rivalry has stopped now as your not distributing anymore so lets just stop all this bollocks now, there too much democracy as it is without all this.

The reason you and Jez don't get on is because of stupid threads like this and not talking face to face. Someone may say something on here that gets completely misconstrude and then blown out of proportion.

The TORC/Bedworth Fiasco (which I was one of the drivers that had a motor confiscated) was all brought on by a misunderstanding on Bob Burr's part as he overheard one of the TS drivers saying they were going home to get his 'SPARE' armature, but what Bob thought he heard was 'SPECIAL' motor. He decided there and then that if this unnamed person made the top 3 then he would pull all the top 3 motors and send them off. Well.....the person made the top 3 and the motors were sent off. When the motors came back with discrepencies about timing and I was told (by Bob himself) that he was disputing them being legal. There was 2 Team Scream Motors and one Br00d motor but after the decision was made by the BRCA that the motors were 'LEGAL' the rumours started and it all ended in a whole host of rumours (but that is all they were/are and will ever be). There was never any slagging off by TS team drivers to try to drop anyone else in the shite (why would they need to I'll admit I got beaten by a better driver/car on the day and he would of won with whatever motor 'probably' )

'It's all bollocks in the end' - if this is the case why not let sleeping dog's lie and all play together nicely.

There are only 2 'TRUE' UK based motor tuners that I know of and that's BRM and Demon. Team Scream UK have never claimed to tune motors but they distribute one of the most popular US tuners motor over here in the UK.

The argument about having too many drivers is being addressed but I think you will find the people getting the results were almost always the same people not 40 different people (or a different person every week).

So is the noscow or whoever it was that started this thread Jolly then? and was this all so you could start off a slagging match to slate everyone else now he has dropped out the market or is this a genuine request to find out some information.

DISCLAIMER - IF ANYONE READS THIS AND TAKES IT THE WRONG WAY PLEASE RE_READ AND TRY TO SEE IT IN THE CORRECT CONTEX AS I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

Sam
Sam_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:53 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Hello honey
gone past that know we are on to driving stds between stock & mod
keep up
trf man is better then jake
Old 02-27-2006, 05:58 AM   #72
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
If it's a 50/50 move and it goes your way then you shouldn't give it up! That's why it's a 50/50 move.
We maybe getting mixed up with the 50/50 thing, if you go for a move, that goes wrong (i.e. you hit someone and impeed their progress) which you are not supposed to do, then you should give the place back.

At the end of the day, i am saying punting should be punished, not grabbing the inside and bouncing together but both carry on, fine. but flying into a corner knowing the only way you can get round the corner is to use the other guy as a brake leaving him in the barrier is not on.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:58 AM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Think I will have to put this thread on subscribe...
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:02 AM   #74
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
trf man is better then jake
LOL, i think there were quite a few guys that were shocked to see trf in the A at he 2 day, but well done to him, worked on his car and did it. Bet there'll be a few people spending a little more time on their cars this week

Check out the race times, it wasn't just one fast run either...
Old 02-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #75
Tech Elite

racers instock don`t like the following aspect of racing for some reason espiacially in finals
if there is some one in front it seams like atarget to them for some reason

qualifying is a little different
some guy`s think it`s only when there are being lapped that they have to get out the way

listen
LET THE FASTER CAR THROUGH dim wit

man we have a girl on computer know saying `car 4 being lapped , car 4 let him pass arse hole ,CAR 4 LET HIM PASS DINLOW

next one will be a big stick to poke him in the eye to take notice