R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2006, 05:43 AM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
bugger

just goes to show if you ask questions peeps get on the defensive
never known a class 27t/19t being so secretive & misleading in UK ,loyelties can be brought for around 1.50 discount ,back stabbing that goes on is bad in 27t/19t spec class,it was a place where i did want to be ,maybe you have to like that to survive in that market not for me
if you don`t like the job get out or change it ,so i got out went back where i belong (in the garden sunnying myself )

before i started this importing i helped out a lot & i carried it on into c-s, And this is where it went wrong
sour grapes came in ,then the fiasco caused by Bobb Burr at bedworth torc series, with tongues wagging
had a barney with mike haswell at west london last year ,he was taking brca side (which i didn`t like)
it all got out of hand & i thought there`s more to life then trying to prove your self to the brca & on the track to officials & other company`s )

so `I WILL` enjoy my racing from now on i will go fast & be up there again
And if any body moans that motors are to fast he must be cheating
Chill out get a life

jeremy
why do you think your important enough to upset me ,you have nothing to fear now you can have the market
me stopping had nothing to do with you

i want to go a race & crash into people & say you took me out you loser
i will carry on gardening
but now i can go anywhere i like & use what ever & say whet ever ,to any one now ,instead of trying hard to please people

got that of my chest ,feel better now
good bye

why yopu think i hate stock racing?
its absolute crap.
in mod just stick the mototr in race clean race clean.
no spending money on testing brushes springs or tuning or taking other peoples advice and spending money just to see if it works or not.
whats the point?
mod is soo much easier in the point that you do really jus have to work on the car once the motor is preped and you know how it gonna go from one round to the other,you dont with a stock.
humbug to stock.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:24 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf racer
why yopu think i hate stock racing?
its absolute crap.
in mod just stick the mototr in race clean race clean.
no spending money on testing brushes springs or tuning or taking other peoples advice and spending money just to see if it works or not.
whats the point?
mod is soo much easier in the point that you do really jus have to work on the car once the motor is preped and you know how it gonna go from one round to the other,you dont with a stock.
humbug to stock.
You really have no idea what you are talking about
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

yeah pete shut up
mind you he did lend me blue springs & sus pin it was bent a little

not coming here any more going back to my(our) thread
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another thread gone down to flaming... tsk...
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
bugger

just goes to show if you ask questions peeps get on the defensive
never known a class 27t/19t being so secretive & misleading in UK ,loyelties can be brought for around 1.50 discount ,back stabbing that goes on is bad in 27t/19t spec class,it was a place where i did want to be ,maybe you have to like that to survive in that market not for me
Well, if you didn't think that some drivers are complete sluts and swop ther granny for a better deal then you were naive in the extreme. Yes, there are some drivers who are loyal but it is a two-way street!
Too many drivers (gulible) buy into all the hype (about brand E being better than Brand S, and feeding egos doesn't help when they are sorted a 'special' motor and then go blabbing about having a 'super special' motor'. This then goes round and just p*sses people off, that is why some are so anti-stock. You just make a rod for your own back and at some point somebody will hit you with it.

Quote:
before i started this importing i helped out a lot & i carried it on into c-s, And this is where it went wrong
sour grapes came in ,then the fiasco caused by Bobb Burr at bedworth torc series, with tongues wagging
had a barney with mike haswell at west london last year ,he was taking brca side (which i didn`t like)
it all got out of hand & i thought there`s more to life then trying to prove your self to the brca & on the track to officials & other company`s )
Well, Bob is Bob and they probably had their own agenda.
As to Mike, well I wouldn't expect him to do anything less than take the BRCA's side and you didn't like it!! Well tough!
There is too much out of the boot trading and not enough 'proper' businesses, the BRCA should take a lot harder line on this. If they can't be supplied to the shops with a reasonable mark-up then they shouldn't be put on the list.

There is too much bull in stock racing - all the motors come out of the same factory - then essential difference is the label on the motor, the components are the same, only the work done is different.

As to which motor tuner then I would go Nick at Demon as he has been in Rc car business for may years, has an excellant mail-order service and will do you a good motor for a good price.

Nathan-
If it looks like a wannabe in a teacosy then it is certainly an ass who speaks out of his bottom.
Frank N. Furter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:05 AM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
You really have no idea what you are talking about

ok,see people say these things but you give me some reasons why i dont know what iam talking about?
surely theres only so much you can do to a stock motor yes?
and all tuners get there mottors from the same manufacturer so if one tuner missed something then thats gonna show.
so how can you say youd get 3 mottors and theyd all perform the same?
you cant.in stock theres more variables and little things make a bigger effect then in say 19t and mod.
so am i wrong in saying stock motors are incosistant,slow and a bugger to work on to tune?
weres mod is so much easier.
i wished i had some kind of idea of what iam talking about.
i know id do alot better then iam at the mo but just cant be arsed with stocks.
so iam gueesing to the original question that the best tuner is the one that makes the fastest and most consistant motors.
since ive only really used demon motors il say hes are generally fast but cant comment on others.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 02-25-2006, 10:00 AM   #37
Tech Master

If you knew what you were talking about, then you would know MODIFIED is at times more complicated than stock, probably the far simplest and cheapest form of racing is 19T.

Modified is another minefeild. Yes you can buy a motor to plug in and go, but you can still tweak that motor, make it more freidnly espescialy in off-road.

People make blatant statements about motors, they ALL need tunning and ALL motors are happy on a certain brush/spring combo careless of mod or stock, it just appears more in stock due to the limited power available.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
If you knew what you were talking about, then you would know MODIFIED is at times more complicated than stock, probably the far simplest and cheapest form of racing is 19T.

Modified is another minefeild. Yes you can buy a motor to plug in and go, but you can still tweak that motor, make it more freidnly espescialy in off-road.

People make blatant statements about motors, they ALL need tunning and ALL motors are happy on a certain brush/spring combo careless of mod or stock, it just appears more in stock due to the limited power available.
with all due respect mate i race modified and couldnt care less for stock.
most top racers dont touch the tuning of the mods they normally keep the same timing,spring and brush combo.i know that for a fact.mostly use the hardest srings.
someone saying you dont know what your talking about is blatent ignorance.
this is the onroad section so why in hell would i be talking about off road?
you know in mod the least amount of tuning i see trackside is to motors.you get the rebuilds fair enough but mod racers seem to leave the mototr alone in tuning wise.if we havent got enough speed we can go lower in winds or up the timing or play with gearing.in stock you realli havent got that much to play with so you have to get the best brush spring combp and everything else perfect.
just too much messing around,plus if iam paying i want to go fast not slow.
oh sorry i dont even know why i reply to these 'i know nothing'.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 02-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #39
Tech Adept

I think the best motor is a Trinity monster and tune it yourself it aint hard think about it you all generally change the brushes and the springs to suit the track anyway and whats half an hour with a dremmel and some polish for the bushings. then just check the hood alignment agaist the brushes. you all have the comm cut anyway.

Oh and stop bitchin take a leaf out of the american boys they congratulate each other not put each others products down it makes us look as if we are all wingers.

Lets race and be happy.

Shinewater 12th of march at Eastbourne and for those of you that know the Eastbourne offroad track look at what is going on hmm interesting
Attached Thumbnails
Which tuner in UK is good-photo-0001.jpg   Which tuner in UK is good-photo-0003.jpg  
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Tune motors all you like!!
Why does everybody think tweaks and tunes are what make people win races.
I ran a motor to what I thought was its limits last week and then saw my son go exactly 1 lap quicker with the same car , same motor and same batteries.
When will people realise better drivers carry more speed all over the track and thus makes their car look quicker...
Get over it ! they are better than you ! Nothing to do with who's done what on the motors. I do realise that motors have to be kept in good condition to be able to compete but the real mods are in the thumbs.
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #41
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean T Guy
Tune motors all you like!!
Why does everybody think tweaks and tunes are what make people win races.
I ran a motor to what I thought was its limits last week and then saw my son go exactly 1 lap quicker with the same car , same motor and same batteries.
When will people realise better drivers carry more speed all over the track and thus makes their car look quicker...
Get over it ! they are better than you ! Nothing to do with who's done what on the motors. I do realise that motors have to be kept in good condition to be able to compete but the real mods are in the thumbs.
agreed.thats what i was saying,.the least amount of tuning i see in mod is to the mottors.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #42
Tech Master

Some people must need an attitude adjustment. So nobody played with motors under the 12turn limit?? And I take it you got motors to burn up, hmmmm.

The reason why the top Mod guys don't bother, is because it is already done for them.

Fek, this is a stupid thread.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #43
Tech Adept

I speak with attitude totally adjusted..LMFAO. I have opinions and arent really afraid to voice them nor really bothered if people disagree with them. I am always open to hear all other opinions by all walks of life but also manage to show respect to other peoples opinions , even if I disagree with them , without being rude.
I also think this thread is becoming pointless to the extreme and does run the risk of offending.
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Some people must need an attitude adjustment. So nobody played with motors under the 12turn limit?? And I take it you got motors to burn up, hmmmm.

The reason why the top Mod guys don't bother, is because it is already done for them.

Fek, this is a stupid thread.
yes SOME peopel do have attitude problems dont they but iam just defending my self with the same line of fire as you started with.
in 12 turn even then once a set up was found it was left.
i dont even see the point in this,i put my opinion and the first post to reply was total ignorance and most things after.
ok so everyone disagrees with me that you can spend more time tuning a stock then a mod.fine,my opinion is i cant be arsed with spending time and more money for stock when i race mod.end of.
as for the original question.
try hundreds of tuners and see what you think,i personaly would go for the demon motor.
ask 10 people expect 10 different answeres.oh sorry i may be wrong you know.'i know nothing' lol
Futaba
Speedtechrc
Old 02-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf racer
with all due respect mate i race modified and couldnt care less for stock.
most top racers dont touch the tuning of the mods they normally keep the same timing,spring and brush combo.i know that for a fact.mostly use the hardest srings.
someone saying you dont know what your talking about is blatent ignorance.
this is the onroad section so why in hell would i be talking about off road?
you know in mod the least amount of tuning i see trackside is to motors.you get the rebuilds fair enough but mod racers seem to leave the mototr alone in tuning wise.if we havent got enough speed we can go lower in winds or up the timing or play with gearing.in stock you realli havent got that much to play with so you have to get the best brush spring combp and everything else perfect.
just too much messing around,plus if iam paying i want to go fast not slow.
oh sorry i dont even know why i reply to these 'i know nothing'.

Pete sorry you really do have no idea what you are talking about!!!!!!!

Yes Mods have more power to begin with (too much in your case) so there is less tuning required to have a fast motor (cranking the timing up more).

There are just as many spring/brush combos with mod to try as there are with stock, most people in all classes tend to stick with what they know when it comes to springs/brushes. Yes there are a few people that will spend a fortune whatever the class.

Lets face it your Motors are not as fast as Davids or Andys but any stock motor can be made to a degree as fast as the next.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote