R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

OK, there are always rumours about who tunes who's motors etc. There are always secrets about different companies and whether they actually tune their motors etc etc but this isn't the sort of thing to say in an open forum, as Jimmy said lets not turn it into a slagging match, as others have done before
Team Scream motors are mighty good, you can not turn a blind eye to their results,and help is always on hand at major meetings, and customer service is excellent. They offer a full range of motors and can custom make a modified for you (a 5 turn if you want )
Team scream are also bringing in the range of express motorsports motors, these are very similar, but tuned slightly differently, more suited to American power uses i.e foam racing, but they are just as good. At the end of the day it's up to you to decide which labels/stickers look cooler
TBH all these motors start off the same, it's up to you to find the best brushes/springs etc etc depending on your track or budget on wear and tear, as the tuners can't tune a motor for each indivdual track
Old 02-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
Tech Adept

I use Team Brood motors (sold by Modeltech) which I can only say are excellent. Really good quality and very quick.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #18
Tech Addict

EA will be back very soon so dont count them out
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

The answer to the question which uk tuner is good is.......

ALL OF THEM

Depends on what works for you really, all have good customer support, all have great products. The only question is what kind of tuning you want really (eg, what brushes, springs etc) meaning you can buy what you want rather than having to buy extras to change things if you get me.

On a personal front I prefer Team Scream motors as they suit my style of driving and they give me what I want on the track - plenty of speed and torque
rc-jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

Putnam motors will be makin a reappearance in the UK. All revealed soon...
Mark Gilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

do you reckon USA based tuners are better then uk ones ?/
more experience

loyalty
do you think there are loads of drivers that can be `brought` they sell the loyalty to the highest bidder & all , yet they will jump beds with in a blink of a eye

ali
so you think query`s will result in slagging match`s aswell
as for tscream having so many drivers on there books they bound to have result`s yes/no ?????

what about demon only a hand full of drivers got the most important results

then we get brush comparison`s
ie;H1 gold from hurricane apparently same as screams one h1 dom some thing or waht ever

then Scream`s brush ,which apparently is made by Team scream in the states just for them ,as said by importer in uk

br00d
there `s 1 guy that tunes all there motors in stock, no way !!
is there or is there a team

EA stuff
what makes he`s special over the other
noswoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have a look at my signature, it has their on-line shops .

Charles
Old 02-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by noswoc
br00d

EA stuff
c-s racing used to bring in brood and a few battery tuners as well. But colin got fed up with multiple accounts so picked EA. EA im told does ALL the motors with his lable on it by hand. pretty sure this is the same for brood. ive used both motors in 27t and 19t and like others said it all depends on brush/spring combos and gearing matching how you want to drive. i personally couldn't tell the difference and neither could some other racers, but then im not at the sharp end (carpetwars B-D finalist) wot i did like bout EA are f-line brushes which have got phenomenal grunt and rpm plus a life span of a whole meeting for me! a few dodgy pairs here and there but generally reliable. had set in my 12'th for weeks
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:58 PM   #24
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

br00d have more than one tuner, all their motors are quick, but seemed a bit heavily sprung to me...... lightened the springs a bit and they were rapid...
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noswoc
do you reckon USA based tuners are better then uk ones ?/
more experience

loyalty
do you think there are loads of drivers that can be `brought` they sell the loyalty to the highest bidder & all , yet they will jump beds with in a blink of a eye

ali
so you think query`s will result in slagging match`s aswell
as for tscream having so many drivers on there books they bound to have result`s yes/no ?????

what about demon only a hand full of drivers got the most important results

then we get brush comparison`s
ie;H1 gold from hurricane apparently same as screams one h1 dom some thing or waht ever

then Scream`s brush ,which apparently is made by Team scream in the states just for them ,as said by importer in uk

br00d

EA stuff
Looks like I've upset someone (Colin maybe?) again without having to do anything I amaze myself sometimes

Last edited by Team Scream; 02-25-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Team Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #26
Tech Rookie

Demon Products & BRM all the way for me! I raced them for years in the 1980's & 1990's until I last quit racing. Nick Adams of Demon Products & Glyn Ward of BRM are the best UK tuner by miles.
Team Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

BRM
glyn
if that`s the case ,where are the results for this motor (recent ones),thought he stopped stock stuff
is the H Gold the same as ts H1 dominator brush
noswoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:34 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Seems to me that "MR JOLLY" and "noswoc" have a very similar (unique) way of writing.

People should be a bit careful about what they write about different companies and different motors in this thread, otherwise it may come back to haunt them...
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:38 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

bugger

just goes to show if you ask questions peeps get on the defensive
never known a class 27t/19t being so secretive & misleading in UK ,loyelties can be brought for around 1.50 discount ,back stabbing that goes on is bad in 27t/19t spec class,it was a place where i did want to be ,maybe you have to like that to survive in that market not for me
if you don`t like the job get out or change it ,so i got out went back where i belong (in the garden sunnying myself )

before i started this importing i helped out a lot & i carried it on into c-s, And this is where it went wrong
sour grapes came in ,then the fiasco caused by Bobb Burr at bedworth torc series, with tongues wagging
had a barney with mike haswell at west london last year ,he was taking brca side (which i didn`t like)
it all got out of hand & i thought there`s more to life then trying to prove your self to the brca & on the track to officials & other company`s )

so `I WILL` enjoy my racing from now on i will go fast & be up there again
And if any body moans that motors are to fast he must be cheating
Chill out get a life

jeremy
why do you think your important enough to upset me ,you have nothing to fear now you can have the market
me stopping had nothing to do with you

i want to go a race & crash into people & say you took me out you loser
i will carry on gardening
but now i can go anywhere i like & use what ever & say whet ever ,to any one now ,instead of trying hard to please people

got that of my chest ,feel better now
good bye
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:53 AM   #30
Tech Addict

and the award for the most random thread of the day....
Sleighty is offline   Reply With Quote