R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #31
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

the wait would be between discharging and charging again.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #32
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Do you have to let cool after each step? If I repeak right before a round, they are gonna get warm. Should I time this so they are cool before I run them? Or is the main wait between discharging and charging?
hey kids .....I was running @ so cal raceway with Chris Tosolini last night we were running some Checkpoint 19s with these batteries , TOP FUEL... I ran my batteries twice with about 3 hours in between runs, taken down to 5.4 than on the Novak tray to .9....These batteries were stonger @ the end than his IBs that are his practice packs.....500 sec. 1.200 all packs were pretty close on the labels...Andre send some more packs my way im lovin it..
TeamHomies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:38 AM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHomies
hey kids .....I was running @ so cal raceway with Chris Tosolini last night we were running some Checkpoint 19s with these batteries , TOP FUEL... I ran my batteries twice with about 3 hours in between runs, taken down to 5.4 than on the Novak tray to .9....These batteries were stonger @ the end than his IBs that are his practice packs.....500 sec. 1.200 all packs were pretty close on the labels...Andre send some more packs my way im lovin it..
So they were WEAKER at the start of the run then ? As if there 1.2 and 500sec's which is the same as a good IB for them to be stronger at the end of a run they HAVE to be weaker at the start simple mathmatics

So i guess it just depends where in the race you feel you need the power most But since i'm finishing my runs in stock with around 2000mah left in my IB i'd rather have it up front as if the power was at the end of the discharge curve i'll probably never use it !!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #34
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
So they were WEAKER at the start of the run then ? As if there 1.2 and 500sec's which is the same as a good IB for them to be stronger at the end of a run they HAVE to be weaker at the start simple mathmatics

So i guess it just depends where in the race you feel you need the power most But since i'm finishing my runs in stock with around 2000mah left in my IB i'd rather have it up front as if the power was at the end of the discharge curve i'll probably never use it !!

we ran about five minuets full blast, toso batts were better up front on the top charge, than flattened out..one minuet he went flat , my packs ran the same for the entire five....10 amps on the top charge you wont have but 100 or so seconds after a five minuet run....
Old 03-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHomies
we ran about five minuets full blast, toso batts were better up front on the top charge, than flattened out..one minuet he went flat , my packs ran the same for the entire five....10 amps on the top charge you wont have but 100 or so seconds after a five minuet run....
Humm, having trouble believing he went flat with a minute to go running a 19t and IB3800's .With mine i'd be expecting to have around 1000mah left in them at least at the end of a run So i could accept his were losing there punch a fraction but to go flat Hummm no way not unless there old ones that have lost there edge and are no good for anything anymore ???? you tell me ??
Old 03-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Rod, (merciless)
you are right , hard to believe. A lot of how much you have left is dependent on how agressive you are with the throttle and more importantly how much your motors are drawing in amps. Put on top of that how free your drivetrain is (the free'er the less amps you will draw) then you are never going to be able to draw comparisons between sets of cells.
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #37
Tech Master

Sean,

So your saying Tosolini's car was tighter than a nun's ***** and that his motor's are pulling loads of amp's un-nessecerally being a top TEAM driver and he don't know how to drive his car to get the most out of it, and thats why his guy using IP's was able to believe his cells are so much better ??

Come on Sean, i was making some assumption's like Tosolini's car is going to be free and well set-up (being like he's one of the world best) and that he has access to TEAM motors, which i'd guess work right Oh and that he can drive his car well

Guess what i'm really saying is that with world class IB's powering a 19t it ain't ever going flat @ 5mins .......not in this world !!

Don't make me come slap you tomorrow Sean
Old 03-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Looking forward to the slaps.....OOps , just fell of my chair
Shall I talk about ratio's , brushes , charge rates , how he maintains batteries , He may well have had a bad pair of brushes. (let me know when you want me to stop)
P.s Bring your own band aid...LMFAO..
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #39
Tech Master

LOLz night mate looking forward to the banter tomorrow
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #40
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
Sean,

So your saying Tosolini's car was tighter than a nun's ***** and that his motor's are pulling loads of amp's un-nessecerally being a top TEAM driver and he don't know how to drive his car to get the most out of it, and thats why his guy using IP's was able to believe his cells are so much better ??

Come on Sean, i was making some assumption's like Tosolini's car is going to be free and well set-up (being like he's one of the world best) and that he has access to TEAM motors, which i'd guess work right Oh and that he can drive his car well

Guess what i'm really saying is that with world class IB's powering a 19t it ain't ever going flat @ 5mins .......not in this world !!

Don't make me come slap you tomorrow Sean
i will asure you that our motors were the same..the new checkpoint 19...same gearing..5.88 same charge rate..10 amps...same brush spring combo....our cars were identical set up wise..Tosolini could dump any pack on any day....earlier that day i built him a 7 turn in the checkpoint can with one hash mark of timing...geared at 8.6 ...Barry Baker was there running the new LRP brushless motor they both went out at the sme time who came off the track first?...With me was Sean PUFFY Cohcren he bet me that toso would dump first..none of these guys saw five minuets..toso went down @ the 445 mark, barry was dumping at about [email protected] the club race barry dump everyround...they both ran IBs...both guys had over 10 runs on there packs that they use for club racing
Old 03-09-2006, 01:11 AM   #41
Tech Initiate

Hi, I got into on road racing last winter. Had been running a TC4 with GP 33 00. I have passed a few questions and got very good chances or inflammation from these web sites. I just finish building a x-ray05. And I ordered the few motors. And 3800 batteries from brood. And I read what you guys talk about the batteries. Just learning about them it's hard to keep up what you guys when you talk about batteries. I just bought an ice charger, and a Novak Smart tray., hoping that the batteries I brought and the two units are good. If not please tell me if I do need something else as for as equipment and the choice of batteries. As in the past I do listen I know every body has their way of doing it. But believe me you guys have helped. Thank you P.S I run stock motors.
rc10bob is offline   Reply With Quote