TC7.2 Belt Tension

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TC7.2 Belt Tension

Bear with me on this one I tried to research belt tension and could not find anything....................anyhow after racing 2wd offroad for decades I purchased a TC7.2.

I just finished building it last night and my esc/motor combo should be arriving by the end of the week. Anyhow the rear diff moves freely and is like any diff more or less.........and I used the recommended 9th belt tension option (per AE's recommendation) and the front spool is good to go.

By moving the spur gear and/or the belts I can move the entire drivetrain, but it isn't exactly easy. There are no hang-ups, it does move on a consistent basis, but it does take a little umph to get it going. Again... I have zero experience with 4wd onroad or offroad for this matter.

So I figured I would ask for help before installing the esc/motor combo and overheating something. I wish I could describe it more... again it does move it's just a little tougher than I imagined, but I guess with all the speed and velocity that the 2 belts have it would have to be tight? Any advice would rock, and again I did research belt tension with no luck so truly any advice is appreciated.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)