Search
Like Tree172Likes

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 05:18 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I still prefer my standard(tc4.2) to all the so called uber fast gizmos&Amx out there... Simplicity is faster for Bruno, and even simpler is better for me to have fun....I say it's really up to the driver, eventhough the Amx folks are very active in changing the body weight and motor rules to get an advantage: no wonder they don't dominate in mod.....
if you think ANY AMX driver was responsible for this stupid body weight rule you’re an even bigger moron than we thought.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Building on what Mr. EA said the car that uses less slip angle to generate the same grip a car needs more slip angle will be exponentially more efficient. One could make a copy paste design handle better black carpet but will hit constraints fairly quickly, a clean sheet design like the AMX and the "G" (unsure about the gizmo, better to ask for one sent to me ) not. For example you can't run short upper arms on the t4'19...
Old 10-31-2018, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

From a set up and maintenance standpoint, a new-to-onroad guy like me might be better off with the Xray. I race the same track that Justin, his son Matt, and Eric run. Aside from being much better drivers, their cars are in a different class from the others. As much as I'd love to grab an Awesomatix, I know that I need durability. I manage to connect with every pipe on the circuit during a 5 minute qualifier so the durability and potential of an Xray will be good for me. Once my average times get to a certain point, and I'm running clean races, then I might move to the better car. Sometimes the best car isn't the best fit. Either way, I'd go with the kit that has the best support at your local track.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Scotty Ernst is also implementing the body weight rule at his races so I don't think it's just AMX people pushing the rule.

I think the rule is there to help control costs. Those ultra light weight bodies do not last long. I've damage bodies from minor incidents like a slow roll. The side of my body folded and creased when it rolled against a barrier. Never had this issue with normal light weight bodies.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I’m “just” a pancar guy and I don’t run TCs at all, but I do wonder why it is that AMX seems to be ever more dominant in most all of the regulated motor categories while Xray and Yokomo (and now relative newcomers to the electric scene like Infinity and Capricorn) absolutely dominate the modified ETS series. Can somebody explain why the AMX is so good with slower motors (the slower the better) while the more traditional cars with coil springs and shocks always dominate the modified racing? Surhoff seems to be the only AMX guy who can even make the main in an ETS race and, even when he does sneak in, he’s not really a threat to win. With the exception of Freddy, all of the really fast TC guys use coil overs. Why is that?
bertrandsv87 likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:44 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
I’m “just” a pancar guy and I don’t run TCs at all, but I do wonder why it is that AMX seems to be ever more dominant in most all of the regulated motor categories while Xray and Yokomo (and now relative newcomers to the electric scene like Infinity and Capricorn) absolutely dominate the modified ETS series. Can somebody explain why the AMX is so good with slower motors (the slower the better) while the more traditional cars with coil springs and shocks always dominate the modified racing? Surhoff seems to be the only AMX guy who can even make the main in an ETS race and, even when he does sneak in, he’s not really a threat to win. With the exception of Freddy, all of the really fast TC guys use coil overs. Why is that?
No offense to any of AMX Mod guys but AMX's mod team isnt quite the caliber of Xray or Yokomo and deff not the Infinity team and its payroll. At this past weekends first ETS race of this season they had 3 AMX cars in the mod main. Thats as many as anyone else. And at least one of those drivers 95% of the world had never heard of (no offense). I have a feeling that you'll see more and more in the main in the Mod class this year.

EA
Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

As someone who used to race in tqrc, all i can tell is amx has a genius way to mount body. When cornering amxs (aka alex ,john)has almost no body roll. i wonder How it affect performance.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think it's a coincidence nor that the body&motor rules are just for cost control: why no CG minimum height then if we want to get all technical then ??? Don't get me wrong, I love the Amx design, but what I don't like is groups working behind the scenes to stop other people's innovation just so they can takeover all the podium finishes...Get to the podium on your own merit, but not by pushing others down with ridiculous one sided rules when you realize that other chassis are catching up to you....
Old 10-31-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think it's a coincidence nor that the body&motor rules are just for cost control: why no CG minimum height then if we want to get all technical then ??? Don't get me wrong, I love the Amx design, but what I don't like is groups working behind the scenes to stop other people's innovation just so they can takeover all the podium finishes...Get to the podium on your own merit, but not by pushing others down with ridiculous one sided rules when you realize that other chassis are catching up to you....
Go away bert. Nobody is trying to stifle innovation, and there is more to touring car lap times than low CG.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
As someone who used to race in tqrc, all i can tell is amx has a genius way to mount body. When cornering amxs (aka alex ,john)has almost no body roll. i wonder How it affect performance.
The body kinda "floats" doesn't it? I have not seen it in person to know but it seems the body stays in it's position pretty much as the car is whipping around doing it's thing. Amazing idea from a small part that not many companies or any mess with.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:00 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I still prefer my standard(tc4.2) to all the so called uber fast gizmos&Amx out there... Simplicity is faster for Bruno, and even simpler is better for me to have fun....I say it's really up to the driver, eventhough the Amx folks are very active in changing the body weight and motor rules to get an advantage: no wonder they don't dominate in mod.....
Says the guy who was hitting other cars and barriers in the C-main in the stock class..... I know I have that video somewhere of bert racing...
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There's a handful of drivers whose level of skill allows them to overcome most deficiencies in their cars or setups. Like maybe 5 in the world. And they're spread between Xray, Yokomo and Infinity. It's so far removed from what most of us experience in racing, it's hardly even relevant.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
There's a handful of drivers whose level of skill allows them to overcome most deficiencies in their cars or setups. Like maybe 5 in the world. And they're spread between Xray, Yokomo and Infinity. It's so far removed from what most of us experience in racing, it's hardly even relevant.
Lets also not forget the Sam/AMX are the current reigning back to back ROAR Carpet nats mod tc champs, and Brandon Clements won the CTS mod tc series this year. The car is just as great in mod as it is in stock. Mod is just much harder to achieve the same level of results we have had in stock, especially at the world level like ETS.
S.Stew, Osiris 75, hanulec and 1 others like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Scotty Ernst is also implementing the body weight rule at his races so I don't think it's just AMX people pushing the rule.

I think the rule is there to help control costs. Those ultra light weight bodies do not last long. I've damage bodies from minor incidents like a slow roll. The side of my body folded and creased when it rolled against a barrier. Never had this issue with normal light weight bodies.
Just to clarify. SCOTTY is the one that wants this BODY weight rule. He started this in the EOS. and is doing it in vegas...
Awesomatix has nothing to do with this.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I too have owned and driven lots of car...The AMX is better on almost every surface and almost every traction level. But AMX has not invested in a top tier driver. You put this car in the hands of a Bruno or Marc and it would be all over. The only thing other companies would need to sell is buckets and towels for all of the tears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.